Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
cajunky Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Every Wed. we are to pray and fast for one another. Every Weds we can check in and let everyone know we have prayed for the group. Prayer does mighty things and group prayer is even better.

Right now we are doing "POWER of a Praying Husband" for the men and "Power of a Praying Wife" for the ladies. You can use this as your prayer or have your own or combine them.

I think it will be great to see how God works in our lives and heals our marriages and us.

If you want to pray with us I will be more than happy to add your name to the list below.

Prayer Warriors who are praying and being prayed for: cajunky,Ezra, Willgetthruthis, Godisincontrol, Natasha79, JohnC, c++_guy, Wallace, relady, steadfast and committed, morriggs,lupolady, stillwaiting, Broken Hearted, PasDeDeux, hopeful_person,GinnyF, Not peachy in Ga, cry2much,SNL,LostAgain(Dave&April), Dodger, gloriachu, LoveNcare,JMF,WEN, NiteHawk, Absurd, LetSTry,AgainsttheWind,cemmerson, getting better,kellidiane,Terrified, BeeLee,idostylin, Resilient, thiscantbehappening, day by day, Jloves, broken x3, Sue with Hope, sunrise1, shepette, Malc, Faithfulwife, timbo-e,Angelia,FeelingAllAlone,broken_joe,dopey,awake

Prayers Answered: Lupolady(air conditioner),Steadfast(first string again),cry2much(sucessful surgery), Movingonwithlife(Wife coming home),WGTT(accepted into mentor program), betrayed and desparate (sucessful cancer surgery),Againstthewind(Got job), Free ( Marriage Restoration begun ), cajunky (wife not engaged & did something with family)

Love in Christ
Cajunky

<small>[ January 22, 2003, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: cajunky ]</small>

C
cajunky Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I just wanted to apologize for not putting the prayer in last weeks entry. I saw it Weds. nite.

Love in Christ
cajunky

F
F
Good for you Cajunky, your wife did something with your family. I am so happy for you. God works in mysterious ways. Please pray for SNL and I. Thank you.

C
cajunky Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I read this yesterday in my daily bible study and thought maybe it would shed some light on why the WS is so in the fog and acts the way they do. I know it was very true for me when I was the WS.

Romans 8:5-8

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Those who live to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I can remember not being close to God during the 2 years that I was doing my crap. My mind was so into the sinful, wordly things that it wouldn't let the good stuff in until I submitted it to God and he took it away. It is so true though that when we have the mind of the Spirit that evil cannot get in.

Love in Christ
cajunky

A
A
Cajunky: I would like to be added to the prayer list. Truthfully, I don't even know where to begin to ask for all the prayers I want.

I pray for peace for my mind, I pray for a negative dna test and if child is his then I pray for financial stability, I pray for love to return to my heart, I pray for forgiveness to enter my soul, I pray for the pain to go away, and I pray for my H's salvation.

Thanks.!

F
F
Cajunky, I to would like to be added to the prayer list. I would pray that my wife would find God and put him first in her life. I would also pray that my wife would stop the divorce long enough so that we could work out our marital problems and maybe reconcile.

If none of this were in God's plans, then I pray for forgiveness and the strength to move on.

Thank you

C
cajunky Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Malc....I will try an answer your questions here from last week.

Malc wrote:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Lupolady and Cajunky I have a question for the both of you. Are the both of you still married? or praying for your marriage to be restored?

Question number two, what would you do if your spouse had a outside child from an A, especially when you feel it in your heart this child is not your H. You feel it in your heart deeply this women did this to trap your H, his family feel the same way. What would you do if ow is married now and is pregnant and she claiming this child is your H? I have a lot of pain, a hard heart toward H, OW and child. If this OC is my H, I have the same feelings for this unborn child.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I am divorced and I am praying for a new beginning with my wife. I know I can't take back what I did but I can provide a life for her that we once had. A much better husband than before.

I don't know what I would do about the possible child. I do know I love my wife more than anything in the world and I could only guess I would work through the pain if she was repentent. A child is a big reminder so it would be tough but it is possible.

Love in Christ
cajunky

L
L
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"><strong>
His Relationships

Being good friends with godly people who love the Lord doesn't just happen by chance. We must pray that such people will come into our lives. And then when we find them, we should continue to cover the relationships in prayer. We should also pray the bad influences away. The Bible says we must "not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers" (II Corin. 6:14). This doesn't mean we can never be around anyone who isn't a christian, but our closest, most influential relationships should be with people who know and love the Lord, or there will be consequences.

Pray for your H to have godly male friends and when he finds them, give him time to be with them without criticism. Those friends will refine him. "As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpends the countenance of his friend" (Proverbs 27:17). They will be a good influence. "Ointment and perfume delight the heart, and sweetness of a man's friend does so by hearty counsel" (Proverbs 27:9).

Pray about ALL of your H's relationships. He needs to have good relationships with his parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, coworkers, and neighbors. Pray that none of his relationships be marred by his inability to forgive. A H who is tormented by unforgiveness is not a pretty sight.
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
PRAYER:
Lord I pray for (H's name) to have good, godly male friends with whom he can openly share his heart. May they be trustworthy men of wisdom who will speak truth into his life and not just say what he wants to hear (Proverbs 28:23). Give him the discernment to separate himself from anyone who will not be a good influence (I Cor. 5:13). Show him the importance of godly friendships and help me encourage him to sustain them. Give us believing married couples with whom we can feel comfortable sharing our lives.

I pray for strong, peaceful relationships with each of his family members, neighbors, acquaintances, and coworkers. Today, I specifically pray for his relationship with (name of person). Inspire open communication and mutual acceptance between them. Let there be reconciliation where there has been estrangement. Work peace into anything that needs to be worked out.

I pray that my H would never be blinded by the darkness of unforgiveness, but continually walk in the light of forgiveness. May he not judge or show contempt for anyone but remember that "we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ" (Romans 14:10). Enable him to "love his enemies, bless those who curse him, do good to those who hate him, and pray for those who spitefully use him and persecute him" (Matt. 5:44). I pray that I will be counted as his best friend and that our friendship with one another will continue to grow. Show him what it means to be a true friend and enable him to be one." AMen.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">SCRIPTURES:
Hebrews 10:24,25
Matthew 5:23,24
I John 1:7

C
cajunky Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Her Obedience

Jan. 22

You get the most wonderful feeling when you know that you have just obeyed God and it pleases Him. It's seeing that, when you do things God's way, the right way, life works. That feeling keeps you coming back and trying harder, because you must want to do whatever it takes to experience it.

The greatest thing we feel when we obey God is a deeper sense of his presence. That's because there is a link between obedience and our experience of the presence of God. Jesus said, "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word; and my Father will love him and make our home with him" (John 14:23). So often we sacrifice the fullness of His presence operating in our lives because of disobedience. Your wife longs to feel that fullness of God's presence on a regular basis. She needs you to pray that she will consistantly be able to live God's way.

One of the consequences for disobedience is not getting our prayers answered(Proverbs 28:9, Psalm 66:18).

One of the most common ways woman can be disobedient is with their speech. The Bible is very clear on this:
1. We are not to be too quick to speak. (Proverbs 29:20)

2. We are not to say everyhting we feel when we feel like it. (Proverbs 29:11)

3. Our words can destroy people. (Proverbs 18:21)

4. Timing is everything (Proverbs 15:28)

Most woman love to talk. By her speech alliances are formed, emotions are healed, knowledge is imparted, relationships are restored, mysteries are unraveled, and world problems are solved. she loves to talk things out.

Every woman is well aware of the power of her words and what a long -lasting effect they can have (after all, a wife remembers things her husband said years ago, which he forgot thirty seconds afterward). She agonizes over words she has spoken if she thinks they may have hurt someone.

Your wife needs your prayers that God will create in her a clean heart and give her words that edify and bring life. She needs discernment from God about what to say and when to say it.

Speaking words that bring life is only one of many areas of obedience. Your wife wants you to pray that she will be able to do well in all of them.

Prayer

Lord, I pray that You would enable (wifes name) to live in total obedience to Your laws and Your ways. Help her to see where her thoughts and actions are not lined up with Your directions as to how she is to live. Help her to hear Your instructions, and give her the desire to do what You ask. Remind her to confess any error quickly, and enable her to take the steps of obedience she needs to take.

I know that one of the consequences for not living in obedience to Your ways is a since of distance from You. Keep my wife from doing anything that separates her from the fullness of Your presence and Your love. Show her where she is not living in obedience, and help her to do what she needs to do. Your Word says, "He who obeys instruction guards his life"( Proverbs 19:16) Bless her mind, emotions, and will as she takes steps of obedience. Give her the confidence that comes from knowing she has just obeyed You.

Lord, You have said that "out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks" (Matthew 12:34) Fill my wifes heart with Your love, peace, and joy this day so that it overflows in her words. may Your Spirit control her tongue so that everything she speaks brings life. Help her to say as David did, "I have resolved that my mouth will not sin" (Psalm 17:3)

Lord, Your Word says, " No good thing will be withheld from those who walk uprightly"(Pslam 84:11). I pray that my wife will walk uprightly and that you will pour out Your blessings upon her.Especially bless her with the peace and long life You speak of in Your Word (Proverbs 3:1,2) I pray this day that my wife will walk in obedience to You and that You will reward her with an abundance of good things. let the words of her mouth and the meditation of her heart be always acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, our strength and our Redeemer (Psalm 19:14)

Remember to pray for your marriages as well as everyone elses.

Love in Christ
cajunky

W
W
Please pray for my daughter as she recovers from a car accident & that we are able to figure out our transportaion needs.

Also, I feel so overwelmed right now, like I'm being pressed on, badly in need of prayers.

God Bless,
D.

S
S
Answer to prayer! PTL!!! I had a prayer request on a different thread, about my niece, for those of you who saw it. I am so grateful for your prayers. My nieces results came up negative, she is not pregnant, and both my brother and my niece will be going to family counselling to learn to deal with the problems. Please pray that the counselors may be Christians, and also please continue to pray for a hedge of protection around her to keep those suicidal thoughts totally away.
The power of prayer is awesome! Thanks again. Love in Christ, SW

D
D
Cajunky: I would love to be added to the prayer list as I have found myself trying to grow with Christ in my heart. I need prayers to help me forgive my XH and to get rid of my anger with him. I also would like the wisdom in raising my children right and helping them deal with our situation in a way that will be most helpful to them.

This is such a good idea. Thank you.

G
G
I would like to explain my last post on this thread where I asked that no one pray for the restoration of my marriage.

That post stemmed from pain. I have been divorced for 2 months, wwexw has been gone since July of 2001, and I am still in pain over it.

I have a good Catholic friend who took me to task for that last post, and that friend is right. I have so much healing to do and I am angry over that. I want to be a husband and a father, but I have seen that I am not yet healed and I am angry over that, because I can see life slipping by.

I pray for healing everyday and I pray that I can set aside my own hurt and my own anger and truly let His will be done.

Why is this so hard? I try to be a good man and I want to show my love to a good woman, to be a husband and a father. It has been a year and a half, why am I not over this yet?

Any comments are welcome!

L
L
lupolady, The prayer this week made me sad for my STBXH. As far as I know, he has no close friends right now, and those he does associate with are drug abusers. He is totally estranged from his family, except for his son in prison. He hates his S and BIL and has even threatened to kill them.

And he hates me too, referred to me to a friend of mine (and former friend of his) as his b***h wife. This is all because of the bad choices he has made in his life - a MOW less than 1/2 his age with whom he engages in compulsive sexual behavior (I discovered recently that they frequent swapping clubs - I don't know if that's what you call them), and starting to use drugs & alcohol again after years of sobriety.

Today, while looking through the computer at work for a particular file, I chanced upon something written by my H several years ago - I think he hoped to have it published in the AA monthly magazine - about how he cherished the faith with which God had graced him that made it possible for him to be sober and have good relationships with his wife and family.

I copied it out and am thinking of sending it to him, even though we have no contact. What do you think?

B
B
Please add me to your prayer list.

I have so much to loose yet I have very little control over it. My W is 8 months pregnant with our first child. She had an A in August and will not stop contacting the OM.

Please pray that God will reveal himself and his will to her. Pray that he will open her heart and bring her back to him.

S
S
Hey cajunky,

Even though I haven't posted here in a couple of weeks doesn't mean I've been gone.

Angelia, glad you came over here, I think the prayers of these people help a lot.

Feeling... Although we don't always know God's plans, we do know one thing. Seek him first and put Him first in our lives, then we will be able to trust him to sustain us through any trial. Get close to God and pray for your W.

WGTT... Hope your daughter is doing well and you have found a way around. Hope there has been some relief from the pressure you have been feeling. "Sometimes the Lord calms the storm... Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms his child." From a plaque that sits between me and my computer monitor.

Still... PTL indeed. Will be praying for that christian counselor.

Dopey.... removing anger and giving the gift of forgiveness starts sometimes with just an act of obedience on your part. Praying for your H and seeing him as God sees him. Wanting him to become part of His flock. Your children will see the love you give him and that will be the way they will deal with it; through your example.

NMWBTWBD..... and Broken_Joe.......

I think everyone wonders why it is so hard to really give it to God and let Him minister to us and to our spouses. Trust (or lack of it,) very few of us have taken the opportunity to allow God to work in a big area of our lives. Sometimes we need to ask our selves, "How much worse can it get if I let it go and God doesn't do anything?" The result, if you trust Him is that you see a miraculous thing happen and your M is restored, or you see a miraculous thing happen and He pulls you out of a trial so heart wrenching you thought you'd never survive. But you do and when you've gotten closer to God in the process you become a person that your S will want to be around. May I suggest "The Power of a Praying Husband to both of you (if you don't already have it), and just start saying the prayers in it starting with the very first one and not skipping any of them.

LetSTry..... Praying for you too!

A small praise report from me. W and I went to church last week and the pastor talked about lost souls as being people that were not connected to God (saved or unsaved). My W told me that she quit reading the Bible a couple of years ago becasue she noticed that I wasn't reading and things seemed ok with me. She knows I started reading again last April doing my devotions @ 4:00am right after she got out of bed. She asked me about my walk and told her "my walk has never been better since I started reading and praying again. I feel so much closer to God than ever." Well she asked my to take her to a christian bookstore where she bought a one year Bible. She started to read again this week. Granted, it's only been a couple of days, but that on top of the fact she has been praying with me every morning for the last 4 weeks has been great. She's even noticed a difference in how our son has been towards school. PRAYER WORKS EVERYONE!

Blessing to everyone. And we'll be seeing you in the prayer closet tomorrow.

S&C

A
A
Please include me in your prayers for marriage restoration.

Awake

Thank you and God Bless you all!

S
S
Please pray also for my friends B & K, he(K) is in the preverbial 'fog', she(B) is really down right now. Please pray for a break through for the Lord to open K's eyes to the truth, and release him from satan's grip. There are also three children in this family, one with special needs, please pray for strength and wisdom for B to deal with all that comes her way... that the Lord will give her clear direction, and that she will feel His love surround her.
Thankyou, Love in Christ, SW

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation