Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
The wife left to live with a man she met online 5 weeks ago. She says if I don't file, she will. She left me and 3 children, 5 yr old twin boys and a 2 yr old girl. She says she won't contest unless I kill visitation. She is giving me the kids but I don't want the divorce. She has lied to all her family and said BAD things about me, but her family know better and fully support me. Any Wisdom? I have found GOD and know my path I have to take, but it is hard and hurts.

M
M
my X took up with MOW who had 3 small boys ages 4 to 10. She agreed to give up her kids 2 weeks out of the month to her H if he would sign. But when she found out she wasnt going to get that much child support she backed out. giving him only every other weekend vists. He used our D papers naming her in A. I was ask to be there for their D hearing. MOW made a deal before D hearing. He got his time he wanted & only has to pay $200 month on 3 kids. She blames me but she was the one who was sleeping with my H. He stayed at home with his children while she ran around. He now wishes he had gone for full custody, all the problems he is having with her & my X.

My X promised us everything to be with MOW but changed mind after a few weeks. He tried to take everything from us. My new attorney said guilt only last a few months. I would advise anyone to get it in writing what they are giving you. She will change her mind when she has to pay childsupport. The D will takes months maybe she will change her mind in that time.

m-17 1/2 yrs
c-13, 29, 8 gd
me-49, x43
d-5-02

ow-32
c-3 under 11
m-10 yrs
d-7-02

A
A
If she just met this guy 5 weeks ago, online, I wouldn't expect it to last long. How was she as a mom before? Won't she miss her kids too much before long? Also, had you guys discussed your problems before she met this guy?

I know it's a fine line to walk.....she could file and try to get the kids too. But I think it will be more likely that this new guy won't turn out to be that great and she'll be wishing she'd never left. Pray, work on yourself to be a guy she wants to come back to, get involved in a church if you aren't already, read all the info on this site.....and hang in there!

S
OP Offline
S
We had discussed problem before and had started using the info from here. I started the papers Friday to protect the kids, I didn't want to start them but I did. I also found GOD and started in church. The pastor has helped alot. I pray with the kids every day and hope the lord just wants me to be a godly man and father and then things will be fixed. She has had long history with lying to family, seems like our marriage was a lie, but I still hope and pray. I still love her and hope she reliezes and gets help. Thank you all.

S
OP Offline
S
Also forgot, she was a great mom beofre, not perfect but who is. The kids was her world.
Thanks again,

Married 5 1/2 years
children, Twins boys (5) and a girl (2 1/2)
Me 27
Her 22

Other Man 32
Children ???

B
B
I am father of three,married 17 yrs. wife left for inter-net dud. wanted to come home 6 months later. she's been back for 6 months now. we are in process of working through with help of marriage builders

B
B
my wife was very good mother. she home schooled children for several years,we were both involved in church ministry together. I was totally shocked by the news that she was leaving and wanted a divorce. the inter-net can be a very dangerous place. it can create a sense of dissatisfaction in someone where none existed before.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation