Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
OP Offline
Y
Been in relationship for 8years but recently married. we have 3 young kids. he farms on the family farm, 7 days a week and i own my own day care in our home, 5 nights a week.<BR>any suggestions for special get togethers with or without kids present in house. baby sitters not available for our three so we try to schedule them to friends places for our quiet times, [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. so any good suggestions please feel free to write...ty in advance.

B
B
YnL,<BR>Being familiar w/ the farming trade I know the time constraints your dealing with, expecially this time of year. <P>How about fixing him a nice picnic lunch. Dress in something sexy or revealing (easy to get out of) and surprise him in the field. I'm sure you know his routine well enough to pick a time when he's away from the house and other workers.<P>There is a thread going around on the EN side that talks about ideas for doing it in out of the ordinary places. I'll try to find it and send it back to the top so you can read up. I'm not that experienced but there is a wealth of experience here among the others.<P>Maybe after the kids have gone to bed, you can fix some crackers and wine and drive to a remote area and park. Just like the old days.<P>Does he ever take vacation time away from the farm? Do you have someone to back you up in the day care? Sounds like you guys could really use a vacation getaway.<P>Good luck and work with your H. I'll be surprised if he isn't just as interested in getting quality time alone.<P><P>------------------<BR>Later,<BR>B

S
S
I would say you should hire a day care helper part time to come in maybe two days a week. Use those two days to spend some time with your H. Do as Brent said, pack picnic lunches and plan them with your H.<BR>Also like Brent said, wait til the kids are down for the night and do something romantic together.<BR>I have three kids, two very young, and when they go to bed that is our time. My H has to get up before the sun but he doesn't mind loosing sleep a couple nights a week to spend that time with me.<BR>If you live on a farm you have access to alot of land outside, and although the bugs could be a problem, use that space for some romantic fun. Invest in a tent with an open screen top and make love to him under the full moon and stars. You can pitch this tent close to the house if you're worried about the kids waking up and feeling alone. Use a monitor if need be so you can hear them inside while the two of you are outside.<BR>I could probably come up with more if I kept sitting here. Use your imagination and you'll find all kinds of things to be doing around both your schedules.<BR>Good luck.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation