Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
My husband and I have only been married for 7 months(my second his first) and are ready to call it quits. We have all the usual arguments, domestics, kids, financial and the worst of all is that we want to have another child but are having difficulty. We used to get along famously but now I feel like i am married to a stranger. He is unhappy all the time and when I try to tell him how i feel, he shrugs it off. This is when the screaming begins. I have no problem voicing my unhappiness to him, I try to do it diplomatically at first to no avail and it just escalates into a screaming match. I know I love him... he says he loves me too.... what is our problem??? Any advice is welcome.

B
B
You guys are awfully young into your marriage to be considering calling it quits. Don't!<P>I certainly would recommend counseling. At the very least read through this website and start with the questionnaires. If your H is not receptive to counseling or it's financially not a possiblity, this website is a good resource and a great place to start.<P>It sounds like there's more to the story though. You've been trying to have another child. How many children are in the marriage now? Who's are they? How old? H may be scared of the additional committment right now. How long did you date prior to getting married?<P>Another idea is to attend a Marriage Encounter Weekend. They are sponsored by many different churches and you can find the nearest on on the internet.<P>Give us a little more info and I'm sure those here with specific experiences to share will come through for you.<P>Hang in there. As long as there's love there's hope!<BR><P>------------------<BR>Later,<BR>B

D
D
I can relate with what thehoneymoonisover is saying. My wife and I are just over our first year of marriage, technically, but in reality it is only our first year together. My wife and I were married in her country and for the last year have been going through the "extremely" emotional stress of her obtaining her entry visa, while living apart. During our time apart, our marriage was fantastic, when we were together, but since then, it is more like a boxing match, who can duck and jab the quickest. I love her more than anything, but I am tired of the constant battles. It seems more like a war than a marriage, and all over absolutely nothing arguments. Recently, she asked me a question to which I answered her. She then repeated her querry 3 more times, each time I answered I raised my voice. She became upset and yelled "Well I have to make the bed" because I was sitting on the edge reading. She knew that I would have made the bed, but she struck back in sheer anger because I raised my voice. Now, we are living apart, even though we just closed on our first house. I'm not sure if I even want to move in there now. What is going to be like Omaha beach?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation