Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
cajunky Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Every Wed. we are to pray and fast for one another. Every Weds we can check in and let everyone know we have prayed for the group. Prayer does mighty things and group prayer is even better.

Right now I am doing "Experiencing God Day by Day" and Lupolady is doing "Power of a Praying Wife" for the ladies. You can use this as your prayer or have your own or combine them.

I think it will be great to see how God works in our lives and heals our marriages and us.

If you want to pray with us I will be more than happy to add your name to the list below.

Prayer Warriors who are praying and being prayed for: cajunky,Ezra, Willgetthruthis, Godisincontrol, Natasha79, JohnC, c++_guy, Wallace, relady, steadfast and committed, morriggs,lupolady, stillwaiting, Broken Hearted, PasDeDeux, hopeful_person,GinnyF, Not peachy in Ga, cry2much,SNL,LostAgain(Dave&April), Dodger, gloriachu, LoveNcare,JMF,WEN, NiteHawk, Absurd, LetSTry,AgainsttheWind,cemmerson, getting better,kellidiane,Terrified, BeeLee,idostylin, Resilient, thiscantbehappening, day by day, Jloves, broken x3, Sue with Hope, sunrise1, shepette, Malc, Faithfulwife, timbo-e,Angelia,FeelingAllAlone,broken_joe,dopey,awake,truly a friend, Is it to late, stilltryingtosaveit, landslide,GODBLESSU,vega,LoyalWarrior,janna-m-r,ferbie,epiphOny,simmy,cajeanie,d_rose,lost_lonely, briank4775, mayflower,Caged_Bird,LunaDove

Prayers Answered: Lupolady(air conditioner),Steadfastandcommitted(first string again),cry2much(sucessful surgery), Movingonwithlife(Wife coming home),WGTT(accepted into mentor program), betrayed and desparate (sucessful cancer surgery),Againstthewind(Got job), Free ( Marriage Restoration begun ), cajunky (wife not engaged & did something with family, told me she loved me), Stillwaiting(neice is o.k.), Stillwaiting(Got to see her husband for 2 hours and his heart seems to have softened), Steadfastandcommitted (wife gave up other man and said steadfast is stuck with her. God showed her the change was for real in steadfast),janna-m-r (Husband came home and wants to try to restore marriage even though he is the BS), tsc (marriage being restored)

Love in Christ
Cajunky

D
D
Still hanging in there. Been separated for a week today. I am sad but there has been a sense of peace about the situation. I thank you for the prayers that have been sent our way.

God bless

F
F
Well gang, I've been wondering and wondering and wondering WHAT in the world I am supposed to be praying for in my marriage. At this point, it just doesn't seem that restoration is going to happen; even if there was a dramatic miracle and change of my stbxH's heart, I'd sure have to pray for willingness to reconcile! I know...I know...nothing is impossible. It's just that it seems pretty silly to pray for our family to be reunited while stbxH is still up to his eyeballs in his illnesses.

Anyway, I reached a conclusion and I wanted to know if you'all would give me your opinions for consideration. I believe that rather than praying for restoration of my MARRIAGE, right now I will pray for restoration of his heart and my heart. I think that's a more productive prayer right now. As individuals, he is in a world of hurt (especially due to his continued SA and not facing his mental illnesses) and really needs prayers to have the courage to work on himself and recovery. As individuals, I have been through SO MUCH HURT that I truly believe it would be God's will for me to have my own heart restored and refreshed.

I'm not sure if this means I'm "letting go" of my marriage, but it does mean that I realize it may not be restored. I guess I kind of feel like cajunky on this one...I do NOT want a divorce, but it's just not stopping and choices are being made that push it forward. I have to accept that this may be a thing I can not change.

On a more immediate note, will you'all please pray for me to find the job God wants me to have? I'm going 100% into "job search mode"--since the judge basically said stbxH should run the business, I'm going to let him and I'm not going to rescue him. However, that means I need to find a job as soon as I can--so please ask God to bring me to where He wants me to be.

Thanks!

CJ

Every moment is an opportunity to choose right, and with every opportunity comes opposition.

W
W
WOW - a lot happened this past week - here's a quick update on how the Lord is working in my life -

Spent 2 good days with WH and was his encourager, supporter (Steve Harley & I talked about this) I am in plan A for a short period of time. WH has been showing signs of forward progress in several areas. He keeps asking that I bring YS to the project where he is working (4 hours from home, but closer than the 1200 where he has been for 4 years) I even got my backrub that someone had mentioned in an earlier thread. He also has been kinder and gentler, more responsible with money, letting me handle most of it.

After I have shown him plan A stuff then I will give him a "letter" outlining what he needs to do to get to the place where we can work on our M. I will set a period of time (for myself) plus what criteria to evaluate his progress by. If Wh doesn't do the nec. steps then file for DV and tell everyone why.

I'll post more later on this

This week D had a car accident - she is OK, thank God

Then yesterday, OS & I were towing a trailor in my Yukon when the trailor went out of control throwing us all over the road. I just kept saying out loud "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus ...." We ended up on the side of the road, the trailer broke loose and tipped sideways across the highway, blocking all the traffic. Amazing thing was that the hitch came loose and let the trailor go WITHOUT TAKING US WITH IT. AMEN Plus - no other vehicle was involved.

The reality hit me later or I should say the shock if we had been tipped over with the trailor. OS said that if it tipped, he wanted it on his side to protect me - I have tears writing this - I was so overwelmed and still am. OS son is a fine young man at 21. It got me thinking though - would Wh do that for me?

One of the guys who came help us (who doesn't believe in God), said that we were saved only by Devine intervention.

Blessings,

D.

L
L
FW
It sounds like God is doing HIS work in your heart! This sounds like a much better prayer for getting you where God wants you.

I kinda wish I was reaching the point you are getting to.......I wish **I** knew what to pray for.

I feel like Divorce is *wrong* - period. So here I am, divorced, and standing and believing God Can (and/or) Will Restore my Marriage. BUT - here it is - H is STILL off living his own life. Although he didn't leave due to an A, he's prolly got someone new now.............NO CLUE about (or cares about) "God's Will."

So I am in limbo, but believing (hoping I'm not "reading" this wrong) that God wants to Restore our M. I totally understand what you are saying, and wonder, too myself, if I'm not projecting MY will into this and not really seeking HIS Will.

Ah, well, too confused myself to explain it adequately.

<strong> WillGetThruThis:
</strong>
Glad to hear God is near and dear to you, during all this trial. I guess we can never get that lesson too often.

Switching Gears here:

A little bit about how God has worked in my life the past couple of weeks:

I have NOT been "involved" in this new church I began attending about a year and half ago. I love it there, but I didn't want to get "too involved" and have to explain my life.....my "situation." I just went there on Sundays, occasionally on Wednesdays, sometimes on Monday night for prayer time.

Well, God has been dealing with me about being just a "taker" Christian, NOT giving back anything. So when our Associate Pastor called for people to help with the Children's programs, since I've always worked with kids, I figured I was supposed to volunteer. My heart wasn't in it, but I did it mostly to be obedient. As with most things I do, I went "kicking and screaming."

Well, first meeting was cancelled (it was called on Good Friday evening, so I had a sneaking suspicion this would happen, but showed up anyway). So I had a whole week to "back out" of the commitment. Nope. I KNEW God wanted me to do this, even tho I did not want to!!

So finally, we meet. Everyone there knows each other. It's a very small town. I've only lived here a short time. I stay to myself, I talk to only my few friends (most of them from out of town), and old friends who do live in another part of the state. So no one knows me, knows my "story," history, etc. I felt like a fish out of water. I'm wondering WHAT ON EARTH AM I DOING HERE?!?!?!?!?!

Each person starts talking about they sew costumes, paint faces, ventriliquist, etc. They got backdrops on the stage, hand painted.....I'm thinking, "My H would LOVE to be a part of this! WHERE is he, Lord? Out in the wilderness, out of Your Will, totally in satan's control." Me? Nope. None of that. Some want to teach Sunday School, some to take pictures. Me? Nope. Been there, done that.

So finally one of the ladies across from me looks me right in the eyes and says, "So what do you want to do?"

My answer: "Don't know."

She says, "Why are you here?"

Me: "Don't know."

So, we continue talking. The pastor still giving his vision of Summer programs, Fall programs, touring programs, etc. Then he says something about flyers to send home next week. Something jumps inside me. I ask, "So who's gonna make your flyers?"

He says, "You mean Desktop Publishing them? We don't know. Can you do that?"

I'm thinking Can I do that? CAN I DO THAT?!?!?!?! ONLY WITH MY EYES CLOSED, AND FAST ASLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I answer, "Yup, I can!"

The woman across the way says, "I think we just found out where you're gonna fit in!!!"

I LOVE doing that type of thing!!!!!!!!!!!! PTL

God is so cool...........

<small>[ April 28, 2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: lupolady ]</small>

L
L
Next chapter in "Power of Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartin....

<strong>
His Repentance:

According to God's way of doing things, there are three steps to changing our behavior. First there is confession, which is admitting what we did. Next, there is repentance, which is being sorry about what we did. Then there is asking for forgiveness, which is being cleansed and released from what we did.

The inability or resistance to do any of these three steps is rooted in pride. A man who can't humble himself to admit he's wrong before God and before man will have problems in his life that never go away. "Do you see a man wise in his own eyes?" There is more hope for a fool than for him." (Proverbs 26:12)

Unconfessed sin doesn't just go away. It becomes a cancer that grows and suffocates life. Pray for your H to be convicted of his sin, to humbly confess it before God, then turn from his error and cease to do it. God is "not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)
</strong>

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
PRAYER:

Lord,
I pray that you would convict my H of any error in his life. Let there be "nothing convered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known" (Matt. 10:26). Cleanse him from any secret sins and teach him to be a person who is quick to confess when he is wrong (Psalm 19:12). Help him to recognize his mistakes. Give him eyes to see Your truth and ears to hear Your voice. Bring him to full repentance before You. If there is suffering to be done, let it be the suffering of a remorseful heart and not because the crushing hand of the enemy has found an opening into his life through unconfessed sin.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">SCRIPTURES:
I John 3:21-22
Proverbs 28:13
Psalm 139:23,24

G
G
lupolady,

I know just how you feel about the not knowing if it is your will or God's will. I have ask God about that a lot lately. I believe I have His answer and then I get discouraged and go right back to the same question. Is this what God wants me to do or am I just going by my own will. It is hard to explain. My husband didn't leave for anyone else and still doesn't have anyone else. Thank God we are still married. We do get along good and do things together as a family. I am very grateful for all this but, it is still hard to understand why he is not home.

Then I go back to the "is this my will or God's will" thing. God has been good to me and I am blessed in so many way. It still hurts not having my marriage reconciled. I know I must be thankful for all the changes God has already made. I know there are many standers that can't give the praises I just gave. It is just that same question that makes me crazy at times. I quess we all ask this question.

You all are in my prayers.I will pray we all will know God's will for our marriages.

Prayer is powerful, it has stopped my divorce for 3 years now.

gentle

<small>[ April 30, 2003, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: gentle ]</small>

C
C
gentle, lupolady and all members in prayer restoration group,

Please pray today for me, I feel like I am giving up and giving in. It has been a long and painful 8 months for me and still not a change in my H. He is still living with OW and saying that he does not want reconciliation. We are living 500 miles apart and never see each other. Everyone else is pressuring me to just move on and forget about my marriage, but I had always felt that was not God's will. I am so confused now about what God's will is, versus my own selfishness. How do we know? I just don't know how long I can keep going, and starting on Monday, I also began to feel that I can't pray for my H or my marriage anymore - every time I try, I feel anger towards him. Maybe I will get over this, but someone please pray for me out there. I just can't think anymore and I'm just really tired of my life being so unsettled and I want to find happiness again, if that is possible. I will be praying for all of you today, and I thank you for being here - that is a blessing. cajeanie

G
G
cajeanie,

I am praying for you. Believe me I know your pain. There have been many times in the past three years that I just wanted God to remove me from this world. I have even tried praying for God to remove my love for my husband or tell me to move on and forget about my marriage. God has not taken away my love for husband. He has made it stronger than ever. I have to believe God has done this as an answer to His will for my marriage. I believe this is His way of showing me His will.

But, I still have many days that I say God please show me this is Your will and not my own stubborn will. Something has always happen to set me back on the path of restoration. But, between the somethings happening, I keep asking this same question. Is this Your will God?

A lot has changed between my husband and me. It has taken time and a lot of prayer.

I have found help at these two websites:

www.restorem.org
www.rejoiceministries.org

Don't let the three years discourage you. Things got really bad in our marriage and I hust my husband a lot. There has not been another women, just a lot of hurt. It takes time to heal. Every marriage is different as far as time goes.

gentle

G
G
please add my name to be prayed for goldielocks109, thanks

C
C
gentle,
Thank you. I needed to hear that there is hope. I got out Stormie's book this afternoon and I prayed each prayer as sincerely as I could. I too have prayed that God would remove me from this world at times, and also, that He would remove the love I feel for my husband from my heart, but that hasn't happened. Do you think this is God's way of telling me to hang in there and keep praying, that restoration is on the way if I will just be patient? I am just feeling really confused right now, and thanks for the two web sites. I know that no one knows what will happen, but it is good to know that even three years didn't stop you from doing what you knew was right. I hope that I can be that strong. cajeanie

S
S
cajeanie,

Just wanted to let you know that you are being prayed for. May I ask you a question?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> Everyone else is pressuring me to just move on and forget about my marriage, but I had always felt that was not God's will.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Can you put your finger on anything specific that leads you to believe this? The reason I ask is becasue God is usually very clear about his will in His Word. His very nature as our God and our Father helps us understnad His will. Does what we think or believe go against anything we know to be true about Him? Maybe even start to ask yourself; where is God taking me in this journey? What can I learn that will help me get closer to Him, and do I trust Him to see me through? I'm finding in my own journey, just the fact that I'm getting more personal and intimate with God is helping me and improving my M.

Bless you.

S&C

C
C
Steadfast,

Thanks for asking the question. I had to really think about it for a while. I don't know where God is taking me on this journey, but I think that is the point He is trying to get me to understand - trust me even when you don't know the outcome. But I guess to answer your question, when I pray about my M and my WH, as I do daily, it is clear in my heart and my spirit, that God does not want me to divorce, but to stay strong and to learn to trust him with this. I can't explain it in words, but it is only something that I feel. The problem is that I sometimes lose my faith, and I struggle because I start to let the negative thoughts in, which brings doubt - is it really what God wants or is it just me wanting it? I pray that I can one day be a stronger person, like you and others here, and not let the doubts and words of others affect my trust in God. And sometimes, it is just the old self-pity thing creeping in, because I think I know better than God and I don't want to wait for His timing - I want it now. I did pray for everyone here yesterday, and I will continue to do so. Thanks to all of you who are praying for me and for my M and my WH. You are all such a blessing to me and I thank God that you are here.
cajeanie

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation