Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#760698 11/13/03 10:52 AM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
???

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 511
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 511
... When you accept it... as part of you...
and a bit of it will stay forever in your heart and soul... but won't be hurting anymore... as a part of your past, as a part of yourself...

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,199
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,199
When you grow and begin healing, and finally learn to let go - realizing that letting go offers you a freedom which eventually opens new doors.

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
Belonging to Nowhere and newly,
Thank you for the support. Rough night last night and not much better of a day today.

Still wishing all the time

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 346
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 346
Hey wish i were home,,
from what i've read, for some it goes away rather quick, some in time, where for others, it never goes away. They only learn to "live" with it,
For myself, its been nine months now,, and it still doesn't feel good!

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 649
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 649
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by WishI WereHome:
<strong> Belonging to Nowhere and newly,
Thank you for the support. Rough night last night and not much better of a day today.

Still wishing all the time </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Dear Wishing! May I say this as lovingly and gently as I possibly can in a cold harsh email vs face to face with my arm around you to comfort you and affirm you as a person of worth!

Your very handle with "wishing" in it ... followed by your ending phrase, "still wishing all the time" -- tells me volumes.

Wishing in and of itself doesn't really get any of us anywhere good. The only good a wish does is provide the initial spark for the journey...the first idea that motivates into ACTION!!!

Translated? You cannot WISH pain away, ever! You have to take ACTION to put pain in it's place as the others have so well said.

That ACTION involves many things as set forth here in MB. So embrace your pain. Embrace your wish for relief from pain. But then develop an ACTION plan to overcome the obstacle of pain and implement it ASAP!!!

Wishes are great! But only to start us down the right path. Remember the old saying -- if wishes were horses, beggars would ride?

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
High Flight
I understand what you are saying and there are actions behind my wishes. If there were not, I wouldn't be on MB.
I know that I cannot wish pain away but what I do ultimately wish for would help the pain go away. That is to be back in a loving home where I feel I belong.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,199
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,199
While MB helped my a great deal in dealing with the separation and learning ways which might have improved my M, it didn't work in my case.

My local separated/divorced support group provided the human interaction I needed at the roughest time and people who really understood what I was going through. Please try to find a DSG (divorce support group) in your area. They are priceless.

It's almost 2 years later for me, and I'm still dealing with the effects, and still don't feel fully 100% at work - and my issues are resolved. This is a major crisis, you are grieving a marriage. There are many great books out there to help. Try the Fresh Start Divorce REcovery Book and also buy the small book, How to Survive the Loss of a Love. I found these to be helpful.

Good Luck.

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
newly
I am going to IC, Was MC till W stopped going. But I don't think I am ready for support on getting through the D just yet. The idea of that still scares me. I know I need to better myself but I don't want to "Move on" to do that. Nothing has moved toward D since W said that she wanted it so I am still hanging to the hope that things will change for now. I realize that it may make things harded in the long run and may make the hurt drag on but that hope has been getting me thru the day so far.
W is going to a support group and she says that she feels like she is on the wrong side Most others there are BS. She also says that at time she sees in them, what I must be going through.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0