Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
Gentle,
In another post, you told me a little about your situation. I know that you have been on both sides of the fence and have experienced both what I and W are going through. In my case, she wants D, I do not. We do have a friendly relationship still.
W and I have Anniversarry coming. Not a Wedding Ann. The one from when we started going together. It has always been a special day for us and we have always aknowledged it together. Sometimes with cards or flowers.
I want to send W flowers on this day but do not know how she will take it.
I have also been thinking of sending her a letter telling her what she means to me.

Are any of these things a good Idea. Do you think this would have been a bad thing for you when you were in my W's position.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 459
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 459
Wishing,

My first husband did all of this and more and it didn't change how I felt about him. It would make me feel guilty for leaving him, but it didn't change how I felt about him. I didn't really like it when he would call on special days like that.

Since she has ask for space, I think you should give it to her. You will just come across as trying to control how she feels right now. I know giving her things is a good thing but, she isn't going to see it like that right now.

Did you order the book book from the web site I gave you?
A lot of your questions will be answered here.

gentle

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
gentle
Thank you. I believe that you have a good understanding of what my W is feeling right now so I will listen to your advice. She has already said that she feels guilty. She asked me if there is anything about our situation that I see as a good thing. She said that if I saw something good in it too, she wouldn't feel as guilty.
As for the web site you mentioned, I have not realy looked too much into it. I have never been a very religious person. Raised Roman Chatholic, over the years I have lost a lot of respect for the church. That doesn't mean that I don't have faith. It's in there somewhere. It will just take a while for me to dig it back up. Maybe that is what it will take from me to get through this, who knows?

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 459
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 459
Wishing,

I was broiught up in the church also. I was taught all about the laws in the bible and what we were not to do. I was not taught about the love of Jesus. I was not taught that my faith is based a personnel relationship with Jesus.

God used my bad marriage to bring me to him. Yes, He is allowing this becuase it wants what is most important to Him, your heart. You must work on your relationship with Him first and foremost. Please get that book from the web site I mentioned. I found wisdom and hope reading this bok and you need both. God spoke to me and molded me through this book. I know how you feel about the church right now. Please believe me when I say, the church you are mad at is not the church of Jesus Christ. His church is a church made up of believers that have a personnel realationship with Him. His church cannot be contained in a building. It can not be limited by rules or doctrine. His church is His people.

He is calling you ,Wishing. Are you ready to seek Him in all things? I didn't know how to do this until I read the book from restore. It is based on scripture and personnel testimony. Put your disappointment aside and listen to sound advise. Make a change, let it begin with you.God not only wants you, He wants your whole household.

gentle

<small>[ November 21, 2003, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: gentle ]</small>

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 459
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 459
Wish,

How are things going. I was just wondering if you had read my last post. I wasn't sure since you didn't answer.

gentle

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
Gentle,
I will look into restorem.com and the book you're talking about. It seems to have made a dramatic change in your life and thats great. I am pretty close minded to this type of thing. I have always been the type of person that believes what he sees.
I do, however, believe that people find their faith in their own ways. This book appears to have been the way for you and maybe someday, my way will come along.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0