Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#761808 12/09/03 09:00 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2
Hi All:

I am new here, hope nobody bites. Been divorced now about 8 months. Was married for 15 years and had two kids along the way. I blew it. I wanted us to be totally open so I told her I "played around" a few times while on business travel. Meant nothing to me, just curiosity being fulfilled. Otherwise, I think I was really good husband. She took it extremely hard though! Started affair immediately and filed for divorce. No talking; nothing; bang! She does live nearby. Kids are with me. Now when I see her, she tells me that she knows that she and this guy have no real future. Has been mainly a physical thing and no way does he want to deal with the kids. So maybe it isn`t what she thought it would be! Anyway, problem now is that she tells me that she is meant to live alone for the rest of her life, that no man is worth trusting. She is really set on this. Stubborn as all hell. I still Love her though big time and I want to work for us. I thought for a while this feeling of mine would go away, but she is all I think about; night and day. I have One Love in my life and that is it. Do I just wait until this guy fades away or take some action to push him away? I don`t want to be divorced. It has not solved anything. She is not happy. I am not happy. Our children are not happy. So what is the point of it all? How can I get her back? Any ideas!

#761809 12/09/03 09:13 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,398
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,398
WOW.....hmmmmmm, sometimes things cant be undone. You said you were divorced right? I have heard of some people reconciling and getting remarried before, it is possible. Is she receptive to you wanting her back?.....or does she sound negative if and when you bring something up? Some people cant forget what has been done to them and lash out it crazy ways.....this sounds like your EX......if yall were to get back together, do you think she would ever forgive/trust you again?.....or would she throw what you did while on business in your face?

#761810 12/09/03 09:33 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2
Good questions. I don`t think she is against me. She tells me often I am a good man and father and that my next woman will be lucky cause I used her as a test to find how much cheating screws things up. She tells me she will always love me too. It`s just that she can`t trust, period. I`ve suggested all kinds of counselling tó her, but she says it won`t do no good because after some years, I`d just cheat on her again cause she`s gettin old. So it ain`t the other guy who`s the problem anymore. It`s the trust I shattered. Even if it takes years to rebuild the trust, I want to try. Are there any good rebuild trust therapies out there that I could recommend to her?

#761811 12/09/03 10:12 AM
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,398
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,398
There is only one rebuilding trust therapy I know of.......TIME. The only problem with that? Who knows how long of time that is. Some people trust again right away....some may take years to regain trust......some never trust again. I may be way off base, but your EX sounds like she just found an excuse to gain her freedom. Most females with children will forgive if spoken honestly to......in order to keep the family together. My current wifes EX husband (serial cheating, sneaky [censored]) was given multiple chances. My current wife wanted to keep the family in tact, not until he was caught cheating 3-4 times did she finally throw in the towel.

<small>[ December 09, 2003, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: StartinOver ]</small>


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0