Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#763364 01/11/04 01:45 AM
C
OP Offline
C
I guess I have way too much time on my hands today. I've been here way too long today.

But, my daughter could make much better practice with her French horn if she had private lessons. She is in 7th grade. So, I set down the guidelines and she met them. This week I let her start lessons. They are $15 each and I do not have a spair $60 in my monthly budget. So, I emailed doofus (you have heard of him- my x, her dad) and asked him if he would help pay for them. (He earns $90k/year to my $28K.)

BTW, he often complains about costs but, in the last year, has begun helping to pay for extracurriculars.

#763365 01/11/04 01:57 AM
E
E
Amazing...... (shaking head)

When that happens to me....meaning when Piehead is *nice* -- it usually means he is gearing up for court..A G A I N...

thinking of which...Piehead HAS been nice lately..

------things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

#763366 01/10/04 05:57 PM
D
D
((((JE)))))))

I can't believe it! I never knew he made THAT much!! Holy cow girlfriend you should not be struggling with him making so much. I don't remember this, did you take him to court for support or is yours a verbal arrangement with him??

I'm glad he's helping out and you find it possible to ask for his help. You shouldn't even be in that situation because you should get a good child support from him. Where I live it's 25% for 2 kids.

Hugs,Dana

#763367 01/10/04 05:59 PM
D
D
I forgot to ask, what kind of rules did you set down to make her earn that? My oldest daughter (12) wants to take horseback riding lessons, $25 an hour, at a minimum of 2 lessons a month, every other week or it's not worth it for her or the instructor, but even once a week would be better.

She is on the honor roll, she is one of the star soccer players on her team and she is a really good kid. I don't even know what I could do to make her work at anything, except maybe cleaning her room more, but that's not worth $50 , unless things are different than when I was her age!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 968 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation