Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#763632 01/14/04 01:53 AM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
W and I are going to MC as a DC tonight. I hope she opens up a bit.

Anyone done this type of thing before?
Any feedback?

Any advice on Do's and Don'ts in letting her know that I don't want to give up but know that I can't stop her?

#763633 01/13/04 02:25 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,199
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,199
Did communications counseling for the sake of the children. It didn't work for us, but then the counselor told me X had "no communication skills".
Per court documents we are supposed to continued this counseling (haven't done it in 16 months), but then I'll let X lead this drive. I'm more concerned about taking the kids to counseling.

#763634 01/14/04 09:39 AM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
W and I saw MC last night and he did focus a lot on communication between us. Worked on aranging time for us to talk together. We have no problem doing that, just don't get the time.

He confirmed and acknowleged that she has no interest in reconciliation but he also spent a bit of time explaining how changes occurr in a relationship and how changing your behavior to meet eachothers EN's can restore romantic love that seems lost.

He was able to explain things to her that I have been wanting her to hear and I hope that coming from him will make the difference.

I Hope she listened and I hope she thinks about it. Sceduled another session in 2 weeks.

Maybe I can get her talking about the subject again and introduce her to MB.


We'll see what happens.
Being as patient as I can, taking it slow, no pressure.
Hoping for the best.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0