Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76720 01/29/02 10:51 PM
T
tj21 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
HI, I've been living with my husband for 2 years now, we "have a good relationship", if we forget how often we fight about how messy our apartment is. you guys don't understand, we moved in september and he hasn't unpacked!!! WHY DON'T I DO IT OR HELP HIM? because it's mostly boxes and bags that are full of papers that he won't let me touch, "they're important" he doesn't want me to loose them.
so i do the rest of the clean up, but he won't do his part which is unpack his boxes so we have more room. i've tried helping him organize the way he should unpack or i don't want to be a nag so i stop, but then when i'm trying to get through the bathroom and the boxes are on my way i loose the patience that i've been saving so we don't fight, and we fight again.
when i comunicate him how i feel about our place, he doesn't seem to care, he says he's too stressed to deal with unpacking.
i feel so embaraced when people come over, that i tried to tell him not to bring anyone home because theres no room to sit down or ahything, and he doesn't care.
what do i do? should i not say anything because he's going through a stressful time at work, even though i'm the one that's home most of the day with the mess?
how do i talk to him? i've tried everything.
he doesn't live alone anymore he should try to make our home more plesant....don't you think?<p>all the fights are making me feel really angry at him, because he's not doing anything to change, he thinks i should accept him the way he is and not put more pressure on him..
what do you think?<p>sorry about the spelling errors [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>hopeless
tj

F
F
THIS WOULD DRIVE ME NUTS!!! But it isn't worth fighting about. If he really refuses to do anything, I would rent a small storage unit and move all the boxes there. It would be worth the $30 a month for my peace of mind. Then he can go over there, bring a box or two home and unpack them at his leisure. That is just what I would do. Maybe others will have a different idea.

C
C
See www.health24.co.za and click on cybershrink<p>He answers your questions sufficiently and quickly<p>Carol

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,150 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation