Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
Okay this will seem like a very weird story, but I do want some advice on it! It's not about me, but about my male best friend (I'm female).<p>I got married in April, and best friend was highly upset. He felt like all of his friends were getting married and he was being "left behind". Well he decided to marry the girl that he was seeing shortly after we got married. He wasn't sure if this was the "girl for him" or not, but decided to go for it. They set a date for December, but ended up pushing it forward to June (I believe). I say that, because I'm not sure. They eloped and his own mother was not invited!! <p>I have not seen or heard from him since I got married, even though I have left repeated messages on his answering machine. I talked to his mother tonight for 3 hours!! After they got married she made him sever all ties to his family, our church, his friends, his education, etc. His mother believes that he is now "broken" and knows that he is no longer himself. She thinks that he made a mistake and while not condoning divorce (our church looks down on it) wants him to correct it. She feels that if her son tried to leave his wife, the wife would cause him physical harm. The wife has thrown "fits" before and gone crazy when his friends have gone to visit him.<p>I decided that enough is enough. I am planning on contacting him and trying to get him out of the situation. I am the ONLY person that he could ever honestly talk to and I know that he would listen to me. If possible I would like to go in and remove him without her ever knowing what was going on. I have researched annulments and breaking a lease on their apartment. I am worried about his health and his happiness. <p>I know mostly I just needed to get this off of my chest, but if any one can advise me on annulments I would really appreciate it. He is one of my bestest friends and I only want to see him happy. Not miserable. My husband stands behind me one hundred percent and that's why I love him. Any advice?? If not please pray for my friend. He can really use the prayers!!<p>Love and God Bless!!
Janice

C
cl Offline
C
Just a thought Janice.....
a female married person going to a male married persons house to get him out of a relationship? Doesn't sound too good from here!
I understand your concern, but maybe another approach would be better. Concerned friend as opposed to someone who wants to destroy a marriage. Maybe he really does want this?
Where does he work? Can you meet him at the exit when he gets off? Would be best if your h was included. One never knows where anothers mind will wander and no one wants this to turn into more of a fiasco.
Where is the new church? Go there and see if you can run into him? Perhaps a call from your h to his house?
I would definitely include your h in this for many reasons. Best of luck.

I
I
Hello, [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
i agree with CL this sounds like it could be a very dangerous situation. i understand as well what u must be feeling, but please think all this out very clearly in your mind before making a move. i really don't have much more advice for u than that ,but u and your friend wil be in my prayers. Cathy [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

C
C
See www.health24.co.za and click on cybershrink<p>He answers your questions sufficiently and quickly<p>Carol

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,024 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation