Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
This morning, on the way to school, Princess TalksWithHerHands and I stopped at the park
to see the ducklings & goslings.

We found the ones we wanted and got out of the car to see if we could get pictures. We approached the Canada geese we were after when this white goose saw us and came charging across the grass toward us. Knowing that ducks and geese will attack if threatened, Gillian yelped and took
off running. The duck chased her for a minute or so while I was making pictures.

It chased her in and out of the grass and up and down the road. All the time, she was laughing and yelping and the goose's feet were going slap-slap-slap on the pavement. Did you know that a goose can run pretty fast? I kept yelling for d to run toward me or away from me while I made pictures. And the silly girl followed my directions.

The goose did take a look at me, at one point, and followed me for a few steps before turning it's attention back to G. Then the two of them continued running across grass and up and
down the paved road. The ducks feet kept going slap-slap-slap on the pavement. It was hysterical. Gillian was laughing about it.

What made it even strange was knowing that I was the person closest to the goslings. I was within a few feet of them and the parents didn't bother me but "Jemima Puddleduck" was not going to be content until she ran my d off.

I hope I got good pictures.

I haven't laughed so hard in years.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,199
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,199
The little (unexpected) moments are the best - aren't they?

Make sure to get Peachy to meet you in Atl.

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 6,714
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 6,714
Princess, I wish there were some way I could see those photos! It sounds so funny.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,031
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,031
LOL..life can be great.

I hope you got good pix. Do you scrapbook as well as knit? Did you get your throws finished?

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 1,504
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 1,504
What a great story, if possible would be nice to see the pictures. I would of laughed so hard, and to think you were by the babies and weren't bothered.

Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,150
4 shots left on that roll of film now. I think I will just go ahead and get it processed. Maybe I can find someone with a scanner. Oh, I know. A man at church has one and would gladly do it for me.

I am trying to see if Peachy and I can meet up. Gotta find my sheet with details about the trip.

Gotta pack. How hard can it be. Gone one night. Will wear the official T shirt on the day at 6 Flags.

Got one throw half finished. It was trapezoidal so I took it all out. It's now 4' wide and 8" long. Will work on it this weekend. I've figured out that each throw will be about 10 skiens big. At $7 a skein, that's a lot of money for 3 throws.

Currently more obsessed by knitting.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0