Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#771258 05/17/04 02:22 PM
M
M&J Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I've been on and off of this site for several years, trying to mend my marriage. Nothing has gotten better. Last fall I spoke to a lawyer. Just last month I went to file a restraining order against my husband, but canceled when I couldn't get protection for my kids. The marriage hasn't gotten any better. Now I want out, but I want him to move out of the marital home. How can I do that? He is going to bawl and cry saying he doesn't want a divorce but I'm tired of being his door mat for four years. I'm just plain tired of all of it.
I know he'll talk trash about me to my two children. Which is another reason why I'm still here. Any advice, please.

#771259 05/17/04 03:31 PM
C
C
Hello:

I’m sorry you are at this place. If you want the divorce then you need to leave. You can’t force your husband out of the marital home . . . you are the one that wants out. You do know where the door is, no?

#771260 05/17/04 03:44 PM
C
C
What happened a few years ago with the guy you were dating when you told your husband to move out and that you wanted a divorce?
Are you still seeing him (or others)?

#771261 05/18/04 07:17 AM
M
M&J Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I'm not seeing anyone. I'mn concern for the children. My oldest child has anger issues, because of the marital problems we have had.

I've been keeping a journal of my husband's behavior over the last nine months. He found it the other day and begged for another chance. He said it was a real eye opener. He had no idea he was being so cruel to me and our children.

He allegdedly ran the OW off about a week ago. But I'm skeptical. My counselor said I certainly have grounds for a divorce, because of his behavior toward me and our children.

How many chances does he deserve in a period of 4 years. I don't love him anymore. I hate him for what he has done to our family. But I have trouble handling the guilt of a divorce.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation