Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#776124 08/14/04 04:05 PM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 147
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 147
It's offical--I am divorced. There's a 3 month waiting period but that will pass. Last wednesday, it happened. We arrived at court separately and sat there in the pew together for about an hour before they we had to go up before the judge. We updated eachother on our lives because we haven't talked in a few months up til then. At one point, she asked me whther I wanted a ride back to the house because I took a cab into the city and I started to lose it and had to go cry in the bathroom. It is a very emotional day and afterwards I felt drained and sadder than ever before. I declined her offer to drive me back home.

Somw weird stuff happened though. First of all she kept asking if someone else drove me there or if I was seeing somebody else or if somebody gave me that rubber band on my wrist or if I was dating any of the "hot" girls on my softball team that she saw the night before which was another strange happening. Anyways, I told her no and she asks me whether or not I really wanted to go through with this and I said, No, I'm absolutely not sure. She says well we have 3 months waiting period and then not 2 minutes later she calls her lawyer over and asks her if the name change that she applied for would be all set that day. My reaction was WOW!, can her head spin all the way around like that girl in the Exorcist.

Another strange thing was that the Judge asks her to confirm that the gentleman standing besides her-me-is her husband and she says yes, but the judge raised his voice and said, Aren't you gonna even look at him? So she did and at that point I though about our wedding day and how this was somewhat similar with the audience and our lawyers stading on either end of us. I was a complete mess afterwards--crying in front of everyone around the court house and in the cab.

Anways, people say it's like a funeral and that's exactly true! You know what the sad part is for me know? It's that she doesn't seem to be doing very well. I mean she thought the grass was greener and from where I stand it looks to be in bad shape. She smokes now and drinks with her work buddies and her friends are all messed up and giving her advice while their own lives are like train wrecks. She won't see a counselor for this reason but I told her that I though she should--that it might help her figure things out that she didn't know. I care about her still and it just seems like she hasn't moved forward or healed. For me, I know more about myself and I enjoy my company now more than ever. One of the people said on this site that "To have peace, you must know yourself and to know yourself, you must be alone". I completely believe that. I don't think she has that same peace that I have and I want her to achieve one way or another. It's just missing from her and it makes me sad. That's the toughest part for me right now, knowing that there is nothing left of the person I used to admire and love. That person is gone forever and that's such a loss.

#776125 08/14/04 11:47 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,108
Coughlin,

I'm sorry to hear you going through such a rough time. I don't think I'll take it much better when it finally happens.

It doesn't matter how long it takes or how well you prepare youself. When the day comes that all you felt would always be is officialy over, it's a big hit.

You'll have brighter days ahead of you. Everyone does. Keep on getting to know you and be someone that you're proud to know.

WIWH


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0