Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#783292 02/03/05 06:10 PM
S
Sigs Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I’ve read the post hear about dating while you are separated, and I agree with the majority of you that say that it is a no-no. I can’t seem to find the scripture that says adultery is OK as long as it happened to you first. (and I’ve been looking for it) What I want to know is how do those of you in my situation fight the temptation of starting a relationship?

I guess I should tell you my situation. In a nutshell, my W had an A and had no desire to end it, after several months of me trying everything to convince her to stay, she left. She moved out about a year ago, there is no chance of reconciliation and we are pretty much waiting for our D to finalize (I’m guessing June or July) Over the last year I have “overhauled” myself. I changed my diet, got on an exercising routine, stopped watching TV and spent that time reading, I started a journal, I got more involved with my Church and have gotten closer to God. I am now stronger spiritually, mentally, and physically than I’ve ever been in my life. It is funny how my W’s A was the worst and the best thing that has ever happened to me. I like to think that I’ve been blessed with scars.

Now with that said, it’s no fun coming home to an empty house every night. I have lots of friends but they are all men and I think most men would agree that it would be nice to have a woman around to talk to once in awhile. It has always been easy for me to say that I’m not going to get into a relationship until my D is final because I don’t know anyone I would want to get into a relationship with. Until this week. I meet someone this week that I would like to get to know better. I’m not here asking for permission, or justification. I’m asking how do some of you who are in similar situations as me fight this temptation?

#783293 02/03/05 06:18 PM
M
M
Why don't you try by starting it as a friendship? Make it clear to her that is what it is and don't let it escalate to anything more. If your still interested in her after your D is final then you could move on to the next step.

There is no reason you can't be friendly with the opposite sex while separated. Just be careful.

Miker

<small>[ February 03, 2005, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Miker ]</small>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation