|
|
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,788
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,788 |
Ok. One of my best girlfriends has a huge sob story...She is a schoolteacher, teaches special ed kids, huge heart, sweet and loving. We have a group of friends from the club we are members of that hang out regularly and have done so for about 2 years now. She began dating david, also a club member, about 6 mos. ago. David is what I perceived to be a "stand up guy"...salt of the earth guy with a great job. She fell for david although they had already been friends and he was in our friends' circle for about a year at the time. He asked her for a committment in december, and they were serious...He sent roses, cards, told her he loved her, etc...that he wanted his parents to meet her. David is from miami btw...suddenly, in january, david announces to my buddy, that he's moving back to Miami. He tells her he's going to get things settled, then fly her down to meet his parents and see how "she liked miami". My buddy was sooo excited about this. Thought that although he's leaving, he wants a future. She started doing the whole "what if" thing and announced to me by end of january that he was "the one" and that she thought she could spend the rest of her life with him.
Flash forward. He is a BIG TIME CAKE EATING LYING JERK. He moved to Miami. RM waited a few days to hear from him...nothing. He didn't even bother calling her to break up. She has heard NOTHING since he moved at first of february. Needless to say, it's been sad for my friend. Tonight myself and my other friend P, are taking her out. We couldn't believe he could do that to her...just without a warning...after all, she was friends with him for a year before he dated her...and also he had alot of friends here, including me, in our friend group. He has just basically dumped everybody off...Now my mischevious little mind thinks that maybe, quite possibly, david has been dating another girl in miami the whole time...the proverbial "HTH" or "home town honey" and that he moved back, rekindled it, and dumped off everybody else. Alas, my buddy is suffering from a horrible cake eating predatory male...who couldn't even find the cajones to actually even call her to break up with her...even an email could have sufficed for good closure. I bought her a book today...it's funny and I thought I would add some lovely quotes from famous people about breakups...
And before you guys bash me out there, remember this book was written for us girls, but that it also could be reversed, adding a female in place of the male in the quote ok?
I thought you guys could use a good chuckle. These are for all the lying, cheating, hypocritical cake eaters out there...and we're laughing about it now!
taken from "I used to Miss Him, but My Aim is Improving"...
"I think therefore I am single" Liz Winstead
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth your effort" Herm Allbright
"Never attribute to malice what can be adequatley explained by stupidity" Nick Diamos
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes...that way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you also have their shoes." Frieda Norris
"If you are going thru hell..keep going" Sir Winston Churchill
"I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back"..Zsa Zsa Gabor
"He told me I'm beautiful when I'm angry..big mistake!" Anita Liberty
"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission" Eleanor Roosevelt..."but you can make your ex feel inferior without his"...anonymous woman in this book
"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Add salt instead of sugar, and pass him a tall, cool, refreshing glass." anonymous woman in this book
"Why did God create men? Because v$brators can't mow the lawn" Madonna
"I like longs walks...especially when they're taken by people who annoy me" Noel Coward
And peachy's favorite:
"Old ladies used to come up to me at weddings, pinch my arm and say "you're next"...They stopped when I started doing the same thing to them at funerals." Anonymous
I love that one!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,186
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,186 |
Peachy, I do sympathize for your friend. If she's the one coming to 'The Kingdom' tell her we welcome her! She will find friends who won't screw her over or lie to her. And no I do not take offence at the book or what you posted - hah! Some men are just MORONS - plain and simple. Your friend, unfortunately, just happened to be taken in by one of them. Sauron PS - I am not 'sexist' on jokes - I enjoy a good LAFF whether or not it's directed at either gender...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,788
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,788 |
Nah...she's not married. Just a long term relationship with a guy she believed was "the one". He moved to FL and broke her heart. I went to work out with her today and tonight we're doing a rescheduled girls' night out. She's coming around though.
I do however, recommend MB to my single friends so they can pull their heads outta their rears and get future relationships on right foot!
I missed ya btw.!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,186
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,186 |
Hi Peachy! O I never really left.. I've been a denizen of 'The Kingdom' all this time... Still there and lovin' it! We miss ya there - and of course, we do NOT have late fees heheheheee sorry Blockbuster.. LOL It's good to see you back posting on the Boards again! I know ya have been thru the mill what with all these other dudes who you thought might work out then they go STOOPIT on you. I was thinking that maybe that NYC trip would work out and you'd return here to MB with lots of exciting news.. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I believe that the right person IS out there.. some things just take time.. Hang in there!! Sauron
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,701
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,701 |
LOL
My two favorites:
"Never attribute to malice what can be adequatley explained by stupidity" Nick Diamos
"Old ladies used to come up to me at weddings, pinch my arm and say "you're next"...They stopped when I started doing the same thing to them at funerals." Anonymous
That one made me LOL and if the occasion arises I will be tempted to use it.
Oh, and years ago my daughters read this book called "I Kissed Dating Good-Bye". So I'm wondering how I'm going to start 'dating' after the divorce without being hypocritical. I want to apply the wisdom from the book but it was written for teens. Many of my daughters friends have read the same book and their parents don't allow the to 'date' in the way we did in high school and college. I'm wondering how men my age will react to my turnign down typical dates and asking them to do things in a group setting instead?
I would like to get to know a person in a non-dating setting and have them know my friends, like your friend did, before going on a date with them. Plus, to avoid the problem your friend had I'd want to meet their family and friends too. I guess the distance prevented that for your friend so by the time she thought she was going to get to meet his family she was already in a dating relationship with him.
I predict it's going to be difficult to find a man with my conservative views on dating. Already men have been approaching me for dates, wanting to exchange phone #'s, etc. and now I know I am not interested in those guys when the divorce is final. Because they obviously don't see anything immoral about dating a married woman!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,788
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,788 |
My buddy is doing well this week. She's doing fine in fact. We're all just baffled by David's departure and not only dumping of her, but of all his friends too...Maybe he has fog? Seems alot of WS do that too..dump the wife or husband and then quit talking to all their friends too. I dunno.
My xbf and I havent talked in 3 days. I think he's falling back into his old patterns. And then I have little grief fallback today after my xh acts wierd at soccer practice and says something that makes me think either he's lost his mind even more, or that he completely screwed up and knows it.
I think it's a combo of both.
|
|
|
Moderated by Ariel, BerlinMB, Denali, Fordude, IrishGreen, MBeliever, MBsurvivor, MBSync, McLovin, Mizar, PhoenixMB, Toujours
|
0 members (),
472
guests, and
19
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|