Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
lisa75 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I have been thinking of leaving my H for last few weeks, I would love some advice on what to do. Back in September my H having been out with his friends for the night wanted me to stay home while he was gone. He went to a cabin with some male friends. So I wanted to go out with some girl friends of mine that really my H has keep me from having(the only friends I really seem to have when I stopped to look around was his friends wives). So when he left I went out, he called home at midnight and I wasn't home so he called the bar where I was and called and called until I left and went home, where he contuined to call me until I took the phone off the hook. There wasn't anything that he didn't say to me that night. So when he came home the next day I told him that I wanted out, that I didn't love him, I almost felt as if I hated him. So I told him all that was wrong with us. I needed him to help me with the kids the house and the finical part(this is something I told thought repeatly for months, but to no avial). So finially I thought okay I will try it again, he was really good for months( this is a man that I also left 4 years ago because he was abusive in everyway), but it seems as if he is in some ways returning to how he was, I use to do everything, he would do nothing only sit and watch TV, so now that he is sometimes sweeping the floor or folding some clothes, maybe cleaning off the table after supper, if I ask for him to do more he tells me that he can never do enough for me and gets mad. I can't stand to hear him speak to the girls, he calls them names, curses at them when he gets mad. He also makes me feel that I really don't know anything I could be talking to some friends and he would only get a part of the conversation and would say "she is full of ****" or "she is a lier", or tell me how childlish I am. I can put up with this it is the girls I hate to see cry. I am just over reacting, with thinking of leaving????

H
H
I'm not really in a great position to leave but if you left him before for abuse and he is doing it again, he doesnt deserve you. I myself was verbally abusive to my wife. Once I figured out that I was hurting her, I hated myself and have changed for her, our son and myself. I make mistakes but never the same mistake twice.

H
H
"to leave a reply" oops....

B
B
If he is cursing at your children he has to get help or he has to go period the end. Yes I know this is Marriage Builders but there is no excuse for a man (or woman) to act this way.

You are an adult, you can decide for yourself to be in that kind of relationship or not to be, your children have no choice and need to be protected.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation