Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#787019 06/15/00 01:51 PM
A
Andi Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Today, while having lunch together, H said he would like to talk to my counselor!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I'm smiling inside and out...but also trying to temper my enthusiasm until it actually happens. I have an appt. scheduled for next week...husband asked if he could take it. At first I was hesitant, only because she has been out of town this week and I've missed that counsel, but if H is willing and ready - I am not going to stand in the way! <P>This is really good news and just what I needed to hear. I've been struggling again the last few weeks with so many negative emotions. Mother-in-law and sister-in-law had been visiting...my MIL really gave me a verbal bashing. She started by saying that our marriage was going to end in divorce and that 95% of keeping it together was going to be up to me. Some of it I needed to hear, some of it was unjustified. But, I tend to take things to heart and it really hurt. I went to God in prayer and asked His help in seeing the truth. I've prayed for my H's priorities, commitment, and integrity (just picked up a copy of "The Power of a Praying Wife" - wonderful!) and for myself to let go of the anger, resentment, bitterness. I need to let God be in control of my H...I can't control anyone but me. I need to work on forgiving and realize it's going to take more time than I want to begin trusting and loving again. I want to be content in knowing I'm doing what God wants. I just need lots of help in getting there! <P>God does hear your prayers. It's just been in the last week that I began praying earnestly again...and look what happened! Why is it that I pray more when things are looking really bad and then I tend to "forget" when things are good? I need to be down on my knees every day!<P>A little ray of hope has come into my heart [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

#787020 06/15/00 11:33 PM
C
C
I truly believe I prayed my husband home in January 1999. The power of prayer is awesome. Remember, God hates divorce and He is guiding your husband.<P>Your MIL is out of line thrashing you like that, but they ususally are. Your husband is her son and she knows what he has done is unspeakable but, blood is thicker than water and it's hard to face what you child has done and is capable of doing. She is right that so much depends on you.<P>Keep praying and read your new book...you've got nothing to loose.<P>God bless<P>Catnip =^^=

#787021 06/17/00 11:31 PM
B
B
andi, <P>I am so happy for you. I know you have been waiting months for some ray of hope and happiness. Congratulations, I hope that he follows through with the appointment, let us know how it goes.<P>babstr.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation