Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 338
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 338 |
Thank you fro your response. I am a novice at this whole posting business and don't even know what a "thread" is. I just chime in whenever it feels appropriate. Our situations seem similiar - a large family, many responsibilites and a husband who felt unappreciated. My son exposed his father's affair and during the 4 times in 3 months that my husband left us my son was actually glad. He told me I was a fool if I ever believed him aga in and to never trust him again. Itried to explainto him that it was more complicated than that but to a teen everything is black and white. However when his father did return (I hope for good) their relationship which had been rocky seems to have improved. However since his accident my son has become tremendously depressed. He is worried that the huge abrasion covering 1/2 his face will leave scarring. He was told to stay out of the sun so he says there goes his whole summer. He is sitting in the house with the curtains drawn. I am going to get him back into counseling because he has been through a lot since April. I feel that my husband had this affair with this young girl because she gave him a lot of admiration and hero worship which his ego needs. At the same time our work schedules were crazy and the kids were taking a lot of my physical and mental energy. I will also admit I had gotten lazy in the relationship and took my husband's wonderful qualities for granted. I hope we can truly recover. He works closely with the OW. We never talk about the whole issue. Our counselor has us coming separetly at this point and I've gone a lot more than he has because of his work schedule. I want to see an attorney to guard our assets but don't know how to bring it up. The whole affair business is not really spoken of and we are going along with me plan "A"ing my little heart out and he seems to be coming out of the fog a little. I have great hope for us but have always been a little naive.<BR> Kris
|
|
|
Moderated by Ariel, BerlinMB, Denali, Fordude, IrishGreen, MBeliever, MBsurvivor, MBSync, McLovin, Mizar, PhoenixMB, Toujours
|
0 members (),
472
guests, and
19
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|