Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#789908 11/06/00 09:05 AM
W
weep Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Dear All, <P>My last thread on CREATE NEW ANNIVERSARIES was met with 'only lurkers' [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Then I decided to stay awake to think up new ways of coping to post,so here goes:<P>1. ON D-DAY: <P>MAKE IT AN ANNUAL SPRING CLEANING DAY!<BR>Thrash out the junk, clean the cobwebs, paint the den, and cleanse away all those illwinds and dirt. Get the whole family to join in this day of scrubbing out the bad stains. Then bless the house and every room in it with sweet prayers.<P>2. ON OC Birthday:<P>VACATION TIME!<BR>Depending on the day and how much time your whole family can afford to stay away. This away from home time will mean that your H is with you (and maybe your children) so that OW cannot call. You can all have a real family outing and collect souvenirs and banish the OPs out of your minds.<P>Okay, I will go mind my own business for a while [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>God bless all of you<BR>weep

#789909 11/06/00 09:28 AM
T
T
I just realized that I really don't have any big "dates" that stick out for me about H and OW. A few weeks ago I read in OW child support papers that the child was suposed to have been conceived "on or about November 5, 1999". Well, that came & went & didn't mean a thing to me. Am I blessed, or is this a sign of some other issue? Maybe I am not as in love with my husband as I should be? I feel lied to, but not the horrible betrayal that so many of you feel. Maybe I am just not that attached to him?<P>Anyway, I just don't seem to have an issue with these anniversaries. Let OW sit around mopeing over "their dates" on the calendar.<P>But I agree, if these dates are an issue for you, flip them around & make them meaningful to your life. All that other stuff is baggage that you don't need. <P>Take care... Carolyn

#789910 11/06/00 03:20 PM
C
C
Whoa, Carolyn. <P>You lucky, lucky girl. You've managed to dodge the bullet and my hats off to you. <BR>I find I have mixed emotions about your obvious evolved mental health....happy for you and a little jealous...a little like watching your mother in law driving over a cliff in your new Boxter.<P>You're right, of course. Someone...I think it was K, said that when the third anniversary came and went without any notice, with not so much as a hiccup, he knew the anniversaries had lost their importance and that life had taken on a normalcy once again. <BR>I know the two year mark is a difficult one for many. It is for me. However, I do believe this is the end of it and once I get through the next six to eight weeks, I will find normalcy as well. I really believe this because before October, I was doing pretty well in spite of other issues...I also really believe this is just some kind of natural delayed reaction to all the events that transpired two years ago....I look forward to 'next' year with anticipation and hopefully the days will come and go like K's and I will suddenly realize when it is all over that it is not such a big deal anymore.<P>Maybe you are not as attached to your husband as some of the others here, or perhaps you are just more mature and self assured. I think it is the latter.<P>Catnip =^^=

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation