Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
weep Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Power of A Prayer:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/FORUM25/HTML/00798.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum25/HTML/000798.html</A> <P><BR>Hope you enjoy that.<P><BR>Can't link : maybe you can visit POPW at Women's Bible Study.<P>[This message has been edited by weep (edited December 13, 2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by weep (edited December 13, 2000).]

F
F
Weep, thank you that was cute. I think I found what you where talking about. I couldnt get there from the link. Have you heard anything from noodles I still worry about her. with love flowerseed<P>------------------<BR>Carol Ann

G
G
Hi Weep,<BR> I couldn't get to it either. Maybe you could cut and copy?<BR> Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

H
H
Dear Weep,<P>I am leaving for a meeting out of town and had only a few minutes to check in before leaving. When I saw your post I knew that I had to take the time to read it.<P>What a wonderful story. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer and the power of God to provide us with what we need (not what we think we need, but what He knows we need).<P>Many women in our position would simply walk away from their marriages and their Hs. I will tell you very simply why I know that my H is worth fighting for.<P>Two years ago I experienced a feeling of pressure in my chest while sitting at my desk in my office. My H works in the same company so I called him and he took me to the company medical facility. They gave me an EKG and laid me down to rest for awhile.<P>My H wanted to take me home so he went to close up his office and he told me before he left that I should wait for him to return before going back to my office. Shortly after he left, the doctor came back and told me that I was fine and I could return to work.<P>I walked down the corridor to my office and just as I was about to turn the key (the front door is kept locked for security reasons), my H came off of the elevator. He was a bit upset because I had not waited for him to pick me up at the medical unit.<P>I unlocked the door and as he and I walked inside I felt the pressure in my chest again. He sat me down on a sofa in the reception area and went to my office to call the medical unit. I don't remember anything after that moment.<P>The next thing I remember was hearing my H's voice calling my name. I opened my eyes and I was lying on the floor. I had passed out, fallen face forward on the floor. My lip was split open and my face was bloody from cuts, contusions and burns from the carpet.<BR>I was rushed to the emergency room of the nearest hospital.<P>After numerous tests, I was diagnosed with a heart condition. My cardiologist listened to my story in amazement and asked my H what he had done to revive me. My H replied that he had picked me up, shaken me and kept calling my name. The one thing that I remember as clear as a bell is the sound of his voice calling my name. I felt like I was coming towards his voice.<P>My doctor induced the same condition that made me pass out that day in order to determine what was wrong with me. When I passed out in his office, my heart had to be shocked to bring me back. <P>My doctor says that if it had not been for my H appearing at my door when I left the medical unit that day I would have died on the floor of my office. God reached out to me that day and saved my life. I have spent the last two years trying to find out what He wants me to do - why He saved me. <P>And my H -- that moment erased all doubts about his love for me. He is human, he made an awful mistake. But I knew in that moment that I had been given a second chance and I had to give others a second chance. So far, the second chance is working and our marriage is becoming stronger with every passing day.<P>Thank you, Weep, for continuing to point out God's power, His mercy and His goodness. I am living and breathing proof of this.<P>God bless you and keep you strong.<P>- Heavenly<BR>

F
F
Weep, I cant find it I was reading the one on the ark. let us know what we are doing wrong. with love flowerseed<P>------------------<BR>Carol Ann

H
H
beautiful weep. just beautiful. you are an inspiration to us all. thanks for sharing with us. take care.<P>happy_girl<P>here guys, try the link below, i think it works! it is worth the read... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum25/HTML/000798.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum25/HTML/000798.html</A> <P>[This message has been edited by happy_girl (edited December 13, 2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by happy_girl (edited December 13, 2000).]

F
F
Happy-girl, Yup that worked thanks. Weep there beautiful stories thanks I needed that. with love flowerseed<P>------------------<BR>Carol Ann

G
G
Thanks Happy Girl,it worked for me too.<P>Beautiful and touching Weep.<P> Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

J
J
weep, thank you for the beautiful story [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] h-girl, thanks for the link [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>heavenly, thank you for your beautiful story too. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>God bless,<BR>J

W
weep Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Dears,<P>Sorry but I simply cannot get the link to work. Didn't dare try to copy and paste that distance - like a quantum leap, Gemini. Maybe Heavenly can start a thread on 'Catnip, how to copy and paste from one section to the next...." hee hee. Happy_girl can reply to that and Catnip will come in at the end and say "Enough...."<P>Thanks Happy_girl for the link. I will post you at the POPW. YOU ARE an inspiration to me, always so positive and upbeat. <P>Hey, Flowerseed, sorry I came on late. Did you manage to get the books on Power of a Praying Parent and Power of a Praying wife? You read the "Taj ~ something my sister passed to me" first, didn't you? I am glad you like that, too. Maybe the ladies here would like the story of the Ark under that thread.<P>Jenny, I have posted something to you at POPW under Karenna's thread and I hope it blows yo away. It warmed my heart when I first read your post and I had to let you know.... Did you know before this?<P>Heavenly, Thank you for your wonderful story, and God sure made your life count. You and your H have been given such a wonderful bond and it is beautiful to have such a love. I have benefitted so much from you. You can read some more replies as they trickle in at the POPW site. <P>God Bless you <BR>weep<P>

C
C
Weep:<P>I've been sitting here for several seconds not knowing what to say. I have been so far removed from God these past two years, filled with anger, bitterness and resentment that I have worked hard to shield from all of you on this site. I can't go to Mass on Sunday because of my tears and anger. I make such a scene in Church with not being able to control my emotions, I avoid going altogether.<P>If you knew the contents of what my heart has held for all these past 36 months, you wouldn't want ot know me.<P>The post you gifted us with has touched me today like none in the past. I sit here, shoulder shaking sobs that I haven't cried since discovery...but, today it is for a very different reason. I believe God sent you to reach out to me and the others here to bring those us us reluctant to come to Him and angry at Him, corroded with bitterness and resentment, to let go of our pain and agony and allow Him to carry us through the battles and tragedies.<P>Timing is everything, Weep, and God designated you His angel when He inspired you to write this thread. It touched my soul and began a mending in my heart.<P>From the bottom of my heart, Weep...<P>Catnip =^^=

F
F
Catnip, Please dont feel alone I think most all of us feel that way . I decided yesterday that I dont want these gifts of haterd that my H and OW have put in me. They took so much from me. Iam sending them back with no return .I believe weep has showed us the way! with love flowerseed<P>------------------<BR>Carol Ann

H
H
weep, thanks. i don't see myself as inspirational, but it made me feel good.<P>catnip, i agree with flowerseed. we all have those feelings sometimes. i doubt we would love you any less even if we knew ALL of what you had thought or felt the past 36 months. we have all felt similar things too.<P>i just said a prayer for you, that soon you can go to mass and feel the comfort and the spirit of god. i hadn't gone for about a month and i went to mass this past sunday and it was wonderful. it always makes my week much better. i know he loves me for who i am despite my flaws. and he loves you too. he doesn't wish any of this stuff on us. things happen because people aren't perfect. we make mistakes, others make mistakes that affect us, etc. but we can get past them.<P>here are some lyrics to a song i totally love, i don't know them all but it is a nice song.<P>Take care Catnip...<P>happy_girl<P>*********************************************<BR>I AM by Jill Phillips<P>Oh gently lay your head upon my chest. And I will comfort you like a mother while you rest. The tide can change so fast but I will stay, the same through the past, the same in the future the same today. <P>Chorus: I am constant, I am near, I am peace that shatters all your secret fears. I am holy, and I am wise, I'm the only one who knows your hearts desires. <P>Oh weary, tired and worn, let out your sighs, and drop that heavy load you hold, because mine is light. And I know you through and through, there's no need to hide. I want to show you love that is deep and high and wide.<P>Chorus x 2 <P>Oh gently lay your head upon my chest, and I will comfort you like a mother while you rest.

C
C
Flowerseed:<P>Thanks for reaching out to comfort me when I am having a shame fest. I know we all think these vile things and feel these hateful things at times, but mine has been so non-stop for two years, plus I have been afraid that if I didn't find God soon, it might be too late.<P>I used to have such a close and spiritual relationship with God. I accepted and even thanked God for all hardship and trials, knowing He loved me and would take care of me. This time I felt so let down. This was the most important thing in the world to me and it was snatched from me for no good reason. None at all. This is one time I haven't felt gratitude and acceptance and instead have turned my back on God. <P>I know He's there, waiting for me to turn to him once again. I am so afraid if I do turn to Him again like I used to, He'll slap me down once again.<P>Oh, I know it is a ridiculous mindset and a phase I am going through. I can tell I am starting to break it down and look at things in a softer light. Weep's post touched me to the core and I could feel the ice beginning to melt. <P>Catnip =^^=

F
F
Weep,<BR>Thank you so much for that reminder of how great HE is. I grew up in a Christian home and loved every minute of it, but when I went off to college..Katy bar the door!! Sin is so much fun..I found out. I really was very far off track at that point, but I gradually came back to Him. Up until a couple of years ago I was just a "show up at church kind of Christian". Then I think God started preparing me for what would ultimately turn out to be the most horrible thing that ever happened to me..my W's affair. I am so thankful that my Lord has been there for me this whole time, I often get so busy that I don't just stop and thank Him, but I'm starting to get in the habit, and helping my kids understand that God is good..all the time and all the time...God is good! Thank you for your willingness to share such an inspiring story.<BR>Catnip,<BR>I hope you try and get back in touch with your heavenly Father. You know that He loves you and whether you realize it now or not, you have grown so much from this horrible situation you've been put in. God will allow us to make our own choices, but I know from experience that if I had have just swallowed my pride and realized how much He loves me, I would have followed Him and been so much better off. I'm so happy that you've found some peace today.<BR>Floored<p>[This message has been edited by floored (edited December 14, 2000).]

W
weep Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Dear {{{{{{{{{Catnip}}}}}}}}}}}<P>Glory be to God! I felt led to share that story that I had had in my file for some time. You are right, God's timing is Everything. <P>Catnip, I really do not like myself anymore for how my WS's A affected me. I posted under GQ recently about how I cannot recognise the sort of person I have become. I, too, thought if God is Good, then why did it happen to me, his beloved child? What good is to come out of such a horrendous betrayal that can only serve to cripple the marriage and torment and traumatise me?<P>Like you, when I go to church, I was always tearing and sobbing into my kleenex. I couldn't worship God. I went there so that my baby can be with cousins and godparents.<P>One day, at a church camp, my BIL told me to cry out to God all my true feelings. There at the seaside, with my baby and BIL as witnesses, I cried out to God how I am angry with Him because I thought He would shield me from the most devastating betrayal in my life at the happiest times in my marriage when I was expecting a baby. I lashed out how I am wrong to be angry but I had tried to be faithful to Him, I gave a part of my life to marry an abused and poor orphan out of kindness and yet the first H was also WS and abuser. Why is my life full of betrayal from my Hs? etc..<P>Catnip, I did not only think bad thoughts but did angry things as well. Then I hid from God. Again like you, I was afraid to 'acknowledge' God in case I get slapped with more disasters. But we know that God has given each one of us free will to make choices. I chose to marry someone I believe was not my best partner but went ahead thinking that he is the faithful type. I could trust him 110% and feel so secure even as he zips around the world as part of his work. I trusted God to bless us but on hindsight, I never actually simply ASK God for fidelity in the marriage, thinking it is a given as my H was trustworthy enough.<P>Anyway, the blame lies squarely on our Hs' shoulders and their weaknesses whatever they may be. They made choices that had led to sin and sin has consequences on the loved ones. I can feel Jesus scooping me up when I was wrecked with pain and I believe that I am still in His patient gown and warded at 'Emotional/Spiritual Trauma Ward' under Critical. I think we all are.<P>I have stopped doing quiet time because of my anger and bitterness. But I try to cling on to shreds of faith because I have seen God's miracles. I will share one particular one under the thread at POPW. I am convinced I should. God's Grace is really suffcient for Our Needs. We need to encourage one another, it is hard to do it alone. I have many people praying for me and it helps. I have many people encouraging me as well. But I am still struggling, lost in hopelessness too often than not.<P>Let us help each other fix our eyes on the One who really deserves our First and Most Love and Let God's will be done in our lives.<P>HG Brawner has recommended me books to start doing quiet time, they can be found under my thread in GQ. But here they are:<P>1. One year Bible (New Living Bible Translation). Gives new and old testament verses to be read each day of the year.<P>2. Daily devotion book "Experiencing God Day by Day" Henry Blackaby. This will help you meditate on God's word. But in time, it will be good to have your own quiet time with God bringing your own issues to Him.<P>Catnip, I think you will like the thread I have on the Ark at POPW titled " Taj ~ something my sister passed on to me".<P><BR>It is good to be back, I was so discouraged for some time and couldn't post much. Catnip, you have been a great help to me. I know I will like you in person - elegant, eloquent, witty, direct, drily humurous and magnetic.<P><BR>Love<BR>from weep<BR>

W
weep Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Dear Floored,<P>It is true that God loves you so much that He will prepare you for something this horrific so that you can rest in His Amazing Grace. My life bears out how God really prepared me for my WS's A through visions, dreams, messages, premonitions and all the 'supernatural' things that I never experienced before.<P>I know our Father in Heaven knows each one of His little sheep so well that He knows how much is needed to ensure that each of His beloved survives the ultimate betrayal in a marriage. I can safely say that I must have been very fragile to be gifted with such marvellous love and insight. Even then, I am in tremendous torment. Actually, I know I would have taken my own life and my baby's - so I can only sit and thank God for His Timely Deliverance and realise how precious we are to Him and just how well He knows me.<P>There is eternal life and God is real. I pray that He continues to uplift you and that His will be done in your marriage. <P>May God shine upon your life<BR>Take care<BR>from weep

W
weep Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Dear Flowerseed et al,<P>I am very concerned about Noodles as well. I remembered she had diabetics and then she wrote in one of her posts that her H had tried to run her down with a car before.<P>How can we know how she is doing? Let us pray for her safety and happiness.<P>Love<BR>from weep<P>PS. I find your post about not wanting the baggage anymore a very accurate description of how we should not be saddled but instead discard all the junk and trash left in our souls by the bad deeds of others. Thanks for your inspiring insight.

C
C
Thank you, Weep, for your kind words. <P>[QUOTE]Originally posted by weep:<BR>Again like you, I was afraid to 'acknowledge' God in case I get slapped with more disasters. <P>It's a little like being the quiet, the shy kid at school, and trying to be 'invisible' so the bullies won't pick on you or the teacher won't call on you. But, since 'quiet and shy' isn't part of my persona, I am an easy target. <P>Over the last couple years my relationship with God has deteriorated considerably. In my heart I know this is a temporary thing, it to shall pass, however, I remember reading about Saul who later became Paul and had been a nasty and blasphemous man. He turned his back on God for a time, was wicked and just plain cranky, but when he was ready to accept God, God was right there not only welcoming him, but giving him 'extra duty' as one of his key people.<P>While I am sure God doesn't have anything particularly special in store for me, I don't want to draw attention to myself just in case. Hahaha. At least not now. I'm still smarting and still angry. This too shall pass.<P> <BR>I trusted God to bless us but on hindsight, I never actually simply ASK God for fidelity in the marriage, thinking it is a given as my H was trustworthy enough.<P>Me too! Me too! While I believed I was marrying the right man and never thought I was rescuing him or that I was doing him any favors, I believed he was my gift from God because of all the other horrendous things that had ahppened to me before I met my husband. I also thought, because after I married my husband, we had our share of disasters but it never effected us or caused us to become infidels, that I could handle anything. And I did. I was even grateful for those trials and remained spiritual and close to God. I thought our fidelity was a given, too. Without question. For so many reasons too profound and complicated to explain right now. I guess I am just so deeply disappointed that I have a tough time getting past this and brining God back into my life.<P>I will share one particular one under the thread at POPW.<P>I am guessing POPW is "Power of a Praying Wife" - Stormie O'Martin? Where do I find this site?<P>I saw a sign today in the neighborhood. It said "Bizaar Today"...OK. I am hoping for "Normal Tomorrow".<P>Catnip =^^= <P><BR>

W
weep Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Dear Catnip,<P>If you have the marriage builders forum page open on your computer screen, you will see under Heading 'Infidelity", Just read posts, GQII, Just Found Out, Pregnancy/Child, etc.. You would need to scroll/move down and you will see the Headings "Articles", "Ideas", and then "Women's Bible Study". It is quite a way down below Pregnancy/Child.<P>Happy exploring and find your way back safely.<P>Love<BR>weep

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 978 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation