Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Leelee Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hello all,<P>Just a suggestion. I thought that we could give everyone else some background information. <P>How many children do you have? ages?<BR>Age?<BR>Occupation?<BR>Where do you live?<BR>How long have you been married?<P>I thought perhaps in 2001 we could have bunches of us get together (where geographically possible). We have all had great impact on each others lives so I thought it would be about time to learn a little bit more about each other. I will start off. <P>I have one little boy who just turned 5 on the 28th. I am 27 years old. I am an analyst at an investment bank (making a major career change to a teacher and eventually a principal). I live in New York.<P>Hope the new year brings blessings, happiness and peace to each and everyone of you.<P>PS. Where the hell is Duranie!!!<P><BR>

F
F
Leelee, great idea I live in Michigan and are we ever getting the snow this year. 4 children 3 girls 1 boy 24,21,15,5. Iam 39 husband 33. We have been together almost 7 years married 1 1/2years.Just started my own little shop Floral design dried flowers and herbs. Yes where is Duranie I have been wondering that myself if only the OW could be like her. HAPPY NEW YEAR with love flowerseed<P>------------------<BR>Carol Ann

L
L
Hi, Leelee,<P><BR> I live in the armpit of America, Platte City, Missouri. I work in St. Joseph, about 30 min north, at Heartland Hospital. I am a Nurse Anesthetist( gas passer, for 15 years.) Born and raised in Independence Missouri( home of Harry Truman).<P> I have two kids by a previous marriage; Michael, 18, and Erin, 16. Michael is a freshman at Duke, Erin is a junior in high school, neat kids.<P> I have one child with my present wife, Linzi, 7. She's my runnin' buddy, a sweet, blonde haired blue eyed bundle of love! I also have Angel. As far as I'm concerned, she is my daughter, too! She is the sweetest, happiest baby, she's almost 6 months old now. I love her with all my heart! <P> My wife and I have been married 8 years ( maybe there is something to this seven year itch thing). I knew by our second date that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. She is the type of person that lights up a room when she enters, she is full of energy, enthusiasm, and genuine love for people.<P> She is a wonderful mother, the best I've ever seen. She has more patience, dedication, and love for her kids than any ten people I know!<P> I hope 2001 is a better year for all of us. I have wondered if the folks in the Minneapolis area ( The Mecca of MB), have ever gotten together.<BR>I don't think I've ever felt so close to a group of people I've never met. It's a little wierd!! I read about a get- together on another thread and thought it was a great idea. I would love to meet the wonderful people I've been baring my soul to for months! <P><BR> If a get-together ever comes together, I'll do my best to be there, wherever it is!!<P><BR> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR><P>Gregg

T
T
Ok, here goes. I am 31 (almost 32) my H is 30. We have been together 15 years, and married almost 12. We have had 3 children together, 13(she is being raised by her adoptive parents), our son is 10, and our other daughter is 8. Both of them are living with us. We don't have any contact with the daughter we put up for adoption, but hope she will come find us when she is old enough to decide to do that. I am expecting from an OM, but like Lynton, we will be raising this little girl as our own. She is due the end of March(half way between our 12th anniversary and my 32nd B-day). The OM is not involved, and as far as we know, doesn't know about the pregnancy, and hopefully never will, but that's not for this thread. We live, unfortunately, in Pearl City, HI on Oahu(no offence to you Happy Girl). By that I mean that it is so far away from our family and friends in Arizona, and very expensive to fly the whole family home for any visits. My H is in the military, and I am a Homemaker(but a licensed property and casualty insurance agent for AZ)<P>I hope you all have a Happy and successful New Year!!!<P>Love,<BR>Tigger<p>[This message has been edited by tigger4jdt (edited December 31, 2000).]

C
C
Happy New Year, LeeLee and all.<P>I posted my stats on another thread some months ago so I won't bore you with my redundancy as much as I love talking abour myself-hahahahaha<P>My wish for us all that we will find resolution to the challenges we have all faced over the past year (or more) and will prevail with our hearts intact and full of love for others.<P>Today is 01-01-01! It will never be this again until the year 3001. I plan to live long enough to tell about it.<P>Catnip =^^=

L
L
Hey you Minnesotans,<P> I have a soft spot (not in my head), for you guys! Have you ever gotten together?<P> I went to school with a guy from Apple Valley, always trying to teach me how to speak Minnesotan ( " It's not casserole, it's HOT DISH! What's it cost to heat this place?)<P> <P> God bless you, eh,<P>------------------<BR><P>Gregg

H
H
i missed this one. here are my stats.<P>How many children do you have? none<BR> <BR>Age? 25, h is almost 28<P>Occupation? medical assistant, future nurse<P>Where do you live? arizona<P>How long have you been married? 5 years in february<P>hope that 2001 is wonderful for all of us, that we can heal ourselves and hopefully those whose marriages are still rocky, their marriages. <P>thanks to all of you for everything. i really enjoy coming here everyday. it is part of my daily routine. if i don't have time to be online, i at least check my email and marriage builders. you are all wonderful special people who i have come to treasure.<P>------------------<BR>happy_girl<P>p.s. no offense taken tigger, i would trade places with you if i could.<P><p>[This message has been edited by happy_girl (edited January 07, 2001).]

L
L
Hey, Great White North,<P><BR> Are you all snowed in? Ooftah!!<P> Have you been meetin in Fargo, or what, now?<P> <BR> <BR> God bless, yah?<P>------------------<BR><P>Gregg

C
C
Gregg:<P>It's "uffda", Gregg. Class starts in Minnesota 101 in ten minutes.<P>BTW, Fargo is in North Dakota. The movie Fargo was all about Minnesota so I have never understood why the Coen boys named it Fargo. I suppose it sounds better than Bemidji.<P>And, it's gonna be 40 today!!!!! Yeaaaaaa! Huge heat wave. <P>Catnip =^^=

L
L
Dear uffdahnip,<P><BR> I know Fargo is in North Dakota, I went to grad school in Bismark.( how depressing is that!) I feel like an honorary Minnesotan, though, because I've ordered some cds from Electric Fetus. Any you guys know that store? It's in St Cloud, I think.<P> <BR> God bless you yah, <P>------------------<BR><P>Gregg

C
C
Gregg:<P>The Electric Fetus used to be a head shop, Man, back in the early 70's. It's not in St Cloud, it's in Minneapolis on Franklin and 3rd or 4th Avenue.<P>Cool.<P>Catnip =^^=

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation