Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#791361 01/08/01 11:03 PM
H
OP Offline
H
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>posted January 08, 2001 09:39 PM by babstr <P>Hi. I do lurk every now and then. Since I moved in October things seem to have changed<BR>in my mind.I don't have much energy to do anything, let alone write. I don't even get on the phone and talk to my friends who I moved away from, I kind of just dropped off the face of the earth. It seems after the initial hit of everything, and I am coming up on a year since it did hit, I feel rather empty. The fights, and the court junk, and the paternity junk, gave me something to concentrate. Now I am left with the aftermath of what has happened. Since I am pretty much depressed, I am not much help. I can't<BR>seem to do anything with my life let alone lend a helping hand to everyone here. I really feel like an empty shell, and who ever I was has disappeared. I am still trying to decide whether this is the life I can be happy with. I am sorry that I dropped out on everyone here. I truly love everyone here, but felt that I would not be able to help anyone. I hope that eveyone is doing well, I know the pain and struggles that you are all going through. You are all in my prayers.<P>babstr<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>babstr, i am so sorry you are feeling like you are feeling. don't isolate yourself! you really need a good support system. who says you have to help here. sometimes we come for help and sometimes for advice. i know you always gave good advice babstr. <P>you sound depressed, and that is not good. you need to try to get out and get back into life girl. life is hard, we all have been there, but it moves and if we don't move with it we get left behind. we have all been in that depressed state. i know, i get that way when i am alone, and hubby is working out of town, like now. but, i try to keep busy. maybe you should go to see a doctor. maybe antidepressants could help. or even counseling. you need to get out of this rut you are in, it is not good for your family.<P>i hope you visit here more often. i know the advice of all of the people here, especially those who know you from way back, could help you. you are in my prayers babstr, that you can get out of this depression and back into life. that somehow that person that is still inside of you, will come out, and be happy again. you are so much more than what you know. all those worries about the paternity test, the court stuff etc, just temporarily occupy our minds, keep us from going insane, from facing reality.<P>you need to focus on you. on healing you, on finding yourself again. then and only then can you decide if you can continue life like this. i pray you will find healing. come back to marriage builders. we can be here for you.<P>my prayers for you,<P>happy_girl<P><p>[This message has been edited by happy_girl (edited January 08, 2001).]

#791362 01/09/01 11:29 PM
B
B
Happy girl,<P>Thank you so much for those kind and uplifting words. I am going to make a good effort. Once again thank you. I don't know if I can make it here every day but I will try to come at least a few times a week. How many people are here now. When I first was here, there was only like twelve of us. now I can't even keep track from the posts. Thank you for everything.<P>babstr.

#791363 01/09/01 11:59 PM
H
OP Offline
H
there are quite a lots of us i think! lots of newbies. i will post a roll call right now, then you can see and meet everyone!!!<P>take care babstr. we love you and are glad you will be back. <P><P>------------------<BR>happy_girl

#791364 01/10/01 12:04 AM
L
L
Dear babstr,<P><BR> You have helped me, by sharing your experience and feelings. I have a counselor, but I don't have many friends who are going through what I am. You are. <P> Please continue to post your feelings.<P> God bless you,<P>------------------<BR><P>Gregg

#791365 01/10/01 06:02 AM
G
G
babstr,<BR>Please post your profile....I'm curious....<BR> Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

#791366 01/10/01 02:06 PM
B
B
I am posting my update on the roll call...<P>babstr.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation