Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#793030 02/22/01 03:36 PM
C
OP Offline
C
In 2 1/2 hours I will be off from work for over a week, a long over due vacation. But this weekend is what I am so anxious for, my H and I are going away together. I am anxious in many ways, we have not been alone for even overnight since before my 22 month old was born and we haven't really been able to be together alone for any length of time since d-day. As many of you know I have had such anxiety/obsession/depression over the unknown in my case. I did let more out than I ever have at our last counseling session on 2/15 last week. I broke down and I let it be known all of the scenarios playing out in my head and what I could possibly do to fix it for me and my girls. I gave examples of cd and catnip, the separation or divorce alternative shocked my H and made him realize I am not going to just sit back and get crapped on. (sorry sometimes I get a potty mouth)<P>Catnip - I did bring up the idea of finding out and we discussed it and I still don't know what to do. I don't think my H would stop me from finding out but I know he and our pastor lean towards kind of waiting and seeing. But my pastor knows I am going nuts and can see the weariness and depression in my eyes. He suggested my seeing a psychologist but I broke down even more then. I have a bad history with therapist type people. Our pastor is so wonderful, a very gifted counselor, that I feel I just need more time and need to let it all out more like I did, because now after being very wear for a couple days after our last session I have feel pretty darn good. (ooo,long sentence) Back to me finding out what is really going on - I guess H and I will really talk at length this weekend and will have no interruptions and we will resolve what we are going to do with the near future here.<P>I kind of had to laugh inside when we were talking about worse case scenarios. H said that the worse case scenario has already passed for him which was him losing his family. I felt so wicked because I didn't feel that that possibility has really passed and that is not the worse case to me. Mine is obvious that she has a baby, it is proven his, she takes us for all we have, H gets partial custody and my kids will be visiting me in the Looney bin. At this point I think I would rather leave. But who knows once I am hit up with an actual situation. Years ago I said I was out the door if he cheated no ifs, ands, or buts, and here I am suffering with my emotional ride.<P>Ok, I better stop rambling and get stuff tied up here at work. I am so excited a weekend of selfish pampering and fun alone with my H and then a week of just being a Mom to my sweet girls. So, I will not be back on line until March 5th - we still don't have the internet at home. I know, I know, how do we survive, but we both have it at work and the last thing we want to do when we get home is get on the computer.<P>Take care all and wish me good luck and prayers for this weekend to be what I/we exactly need.<P>Carrie

#793031 02/22/01 05:03 PM
C
C
Carrie:<P>I hope my wishes for your weekend reach you before you leave...because, more than anything I hope you have a great weekend of rediscovery and reparation.<P>When I read how great you felt after you unloaded all the emotions you have been carrying inside, I let out a huge sigh of relief hearing that the "dam broke". You can't cart around all that raw anxiety and not talk about it and get it out, Carrie...I am so glad to hear that you were able to voice all the dread you harbor.<P>So! On that note, gas up the car, grab a thermos of coffee and head for the woods-literally...I'll be thinking of you and if you're in the neighborhood of Sherwood Forest (that really old log lodge just off 77 by Cragun's and Madsen's) off Lincoln Green, that's where we will be come April.<P>Forget everything this weekend and concentrate on you and J. Let everything else fall away and the nano second anything negative pops in your head or 'visions' or triggers pop up, instantly dismiss them by conscienously saying, "I'll think about it Monday".<P>Love<P>Catnip =^^=<p>[This message has been edited by catnip (edited February 22, 2001).]

#793032 02/22/01 05:10 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks Catnip - I am glad I heard from you before I left for the day.<P>I have your number should I need someone next week and have to reach you an old fashioned way like the telephone.<P>You have a great weekend too!<P>carrie

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation