Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#797108 04/24/01 06:23 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Okay, I'll start this one off with something to drink: <P><B>CIDER AND TEQUILA HOT TODDY </B> (this has definitely been earned!) <P>4 cups apple cider<BR>1 cup cranberry juice cocktail<BR>1/2 cup tequila<BR>1/4 cup Triple Sec or other orange-flavored liqueur<P>Garnish: lime slices <P>In a saucepan heat cider and cranberry juice cocktail just until hot (do not let boil) and remove from heat. Stir in tequila and liqueur. Serve toddies in mugs, garnished with lime slices. <P>Makes about 6 cups.<BR> <BR> <P> <BR> <BR> <P>

#797109 04/24/01 06:38 PM
N
N
Good GRIEF, that sounds good!!!<P>Bar-B-Q Beans<P>1 bag or 2 large cans Pinto Beans<BR>1 jar honey<BR>1.5 cup brown sugar<BR>5 slices bacon - chopped<BR>1 small onion - diced<BR>1 tsp mustard<BR>1 bottle Hickory BBQ Sauce<P>Cook beans until soft, or open cans [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Fry bacon, keep some drippings and cook onions until brown, <BR>add beans (without water) and remaining ingredients...<P>Simmer for 1 hour<P>This is killer!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Oh, and can be made in crock pot!! or cooked on a grill [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] (with a pan, of course, or the beans would fall in!)<p>[This message has been edited by new_beginning (edited April 24, 2001).]

#797110 04/24/01 07:20 PM
R
R
Okay, I have to get out my very own recipes, are ya ready? <P>Now, these are not precise recipes as I made them myself, but man are they good (that is if you like potatoes)! <P>Garlic Potatoes:<P>Red Potatoes, washed (not peeled) about 8 or 9 medium size (more if you use the baby ones) cubed.<P>6 tablespoons of butter/margerine, cut into cubes<P>2 teaspoons of chopped garlic (I use it from the jar, makes it easier)<P>Salt/Pepper and Parsley to taste.<P>In a covered casserole but the ingredients as listed in. Place in 375 degrees F. oven for at least 45 minutes, while covered. Stir every 15 minutes or so. Once potatoes are tender (test with a fork), uncover and cook at 425 degrees F. until desired crispness, stirring very occasionally (about another 30 to 45 minutes).<P>Serve warm! Yummy!<P>

#797111 04/24/01 07:31 PM
R
R
Carolina Belle, do you happen to have a recipe for Wassal (sp?)? It is a warm orange juice drink with cinnamon, etc in it. I love it soooo much, but cannot locate the recipe.

#797112 04/24/01 07:50 PM
N
N
I do Raskal,<P>1 bottle of cranberry juice<BR>1 bottle of tea (or a pot full of hot tea, Orange Pekoe)<BR>1 bottle of Apple Juice<P>Seasonsings: cinnamon and/or cloves, sugar if needed for taste, but I don't use it<P>Heat on stove or in crockpot...

#797113 04/24/01 07:55 PM
S
S
<B>CB</B><P>Love the topic. Food! LOL<P>Okay here's another one...<P><B>*****************************<BR>RECIPE: FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE<BR>********************************</B><P>INGREDIENTS:<BR>8 large cold eggs<BR>1 pound bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped<BR>8 ounce unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch chunks<BR>1/4 cup strong coffee<BR>* Powdered sugar and whipped cream for garnishing<P>DIRECTIONS:<BR>Position the oven rack to the lower third of the oven (lower<BR>center) and preheat to 325 degrees. Line the bottom of the pan<BR>with parchment paper and grease the sides. Set the pan on a<BR>wide sheet of heavy duty foil and wrap the foil up the sides<BR>without tearing it. Set the pan in a larger baking pan or a<BR>roasting pan. Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Use a hand<BR>held mixer to beat the eggs at high speed for 5 minutes until<BR>the volume of the eggs doubles to approximately 1 quart. If<BR>you have to use a heavy duty mixer such as a Kitchen Aid, use<BR>the whisk attachment and speed 6, beating to the same volume<BR>which will tack about the same amount of time. Meanwhile melt<BR>the chocolate, butter and coffee in a large heat proof bowl<BR>either set in a pan of barely simmer water or in the microwave<BR>at 50% power for 4-6 minutes, stirring frequently until the<BR>mixture is smooth and warm (about 115 degrees). Fold 1/3 of<BR>the egg foam into the chocolate mixture with a large rubber<BR>spatula until just a few streak of egg are still visible;<BR>fold in half of the remaining foam likewise. Fold the remaining<BR>foam into the batter until completely incorporated. Scrape<BR>the batter into the prepared spring form and smooth the surface.<BR>Set the roasting pan on the oven rack and pour in enough<BR>boiling water into it to come about halfway up the side of<BR>the springform. Bake until the cake has risen slightly, edges<BR>are just beginning to set, a thin glazed crust (like a brownie)<BR>has formed on the surface, and an instant read thermometer<BR>inserted halfway into the center of the cake registers 140<BR>degrees, 22-25 minutes. Remove the springform pan from the<BR>water bath and set on a wire rack. Cool to room temperature.<BR>Cover and refrigerate overnight to mellow. Cake can be kept<BR>covered and refrigerated up to 4 days. About 30 minutes before<BR>serving, remove the springform pan sides, invert the cake on<BR>a sheet of waxed paper, peel off parchment pan liner, and turn<BR>cake right side up on a serving platter. Sift with powdered<BR>sugar for garnish. <P>Yield: 1 8-inch cake<P>It's taking all I have not to hit the kitchen right now. I still have to loose the five pounds I gained from Easter and the stuff that "Dagned Rabbit" left here. Praise the Lord for computers and addictions to them, huh? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hugs to you all,<P>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] With God on our side we can't lose! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B><p>[This message has been edited by A blessed Samantha (edited April 24, 2001).]

#797114 04/24/01 07:55 PM
R
R
Thanks much, Sheryl! It has been so long since I have had that. Not great on a day like today, but one of these days....<P>I hope you have had some sunshine up your way, lately.

#797115 04/25/01 03:00 AM
B
B
<P><B> Millionaire Roulage </B><P>5 large eggs, separated <BR>1 cup sugar <BR>1/4 cup cocoa, divided <BR>1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin <BR>2 teaspoons cold water <BR>1 1/4 cups whipping cream <BR>2 tablespoons powered sugar <BR>Grease a 15 x 10 x 1 inch jelly roll pan with vegetable oil; line with wax paper, and grease and flour wax paper.<BR>Beat egg yolks at high speed with an electric mixer until floamy. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating until thick. Gradually stir 3 tablespoons cocoa into yolk mixture. beat egg whites until stiff; fold into chocolate mixture. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes.<P>Sift 1 tablespoon cocoa in a 15 x 10 inch rectangle on a towel. When cake is done, loosen from sides of pan, and turn cake out onto towel. Peel off wax paper. Trim edges of cake; discard. Starting at narrow end, roll up cake and towel. Place seam side down on wire rack; cool completely.<P>Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in suacepan, let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat; stir until gelatin dissolves.<P>Beat whipping cream at low speed with an electric mixer, gradually adding dissolved gelatin. Increase mixer speed to medium; beat until mixture begins to thicken. Add powered sugar, and beat at high speed until soft peaks form.<P>Unroll cake, and remove towel. Spread whipped cream on cake, leaving a 1 inch margin around edges; reroll cake.<P>Place on a serving plate, seam side down.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Deb<P>Hepatitis C, Please educate yourself ! <A HREF="http://www.hepatitis-central.com/<P>In" TARGET=_blank>http://www.hepatitis-central.com/<P>In</A> memory of a very dear friend <A HREF="http://fathom.org/teemingmillions/wally.adp" TARGET=_blank>http://fathom.org/teemingmillions/wally.adp</A>

#797116 04/25/01 10:48 PM
R
R
up, up and away!!!!!

#797117 04/26/01 12:43 AM
O
O
Dessert Anyone?<P>My mom's a great cook. She can make a full meal out of almost nothing. Unfortunately her daughter (me) did not inherit her talent (even though my grandfather on dad's side was a chef). So, here is an easy pineapple upside down cake, baked with the topping. I like tasty idiot proof recipes.<P> Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake<P>9x13 pan grease and flour sides only<P>For the cake:<BR>1 box lemon or yellow cake mix<BR>follow directions on box for cake (3 eggs, oil & water except use liquid from 1 large can of sliced pineapple in place of water and make up the difference with water). <P>Mix ingredients together and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 as per directions on box.<P><BR>Topping:<BR>1 block melted butter<BR>1 large can sliced pineapple reserve about 4 tbl. of <BR> the pineapple juice. <BR>5 marischino cherries cut in half<BR>cinnamon <BR>4 tblsp brown sugar<P>Pour melted butter in pan, add 4 tblsp pineapple juice, add 4 tbl brown sugar & about 2 tsp cinnamon mix together. Lay out the 10 slices of pineapple (for down the middle, 3 on each side) & place a 1/2 a cherry in each pineapple slice (with the sliced side facing you).<P>Add cake mixture. Bake for approx 25-30 minutes at 350. <P>Cool about 30 minutes then use a plastic or butter knife and gently go around the sides of pan to release cake and flip over onto cake plate. Wha la!!<P>Enjoy!!!<P>Did someone get that lime jello recipe yet? I am getting hungry.<P>Aloha,<P>L.<P>

#797118 04/26/01 03:58 PM
O
O
Hi all,<P>I still haven't heard about the lime jello recipe and wanted to bring this to the top!!!!!! <P>L.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,145 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation