Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
I just got off the phone with a C&Y caseworker. Caseworker had ow in her office yesterday to discuss the recent interference with our visits. She told ow that ow and her mother NEED to make sure this Sunday's visit goes off without a hitch, or they will be in danger of losing custody completely. Ow said, "Then you need to make Mr. cd stay at OUR house to play with Darling." Caseworker said, "No, he gets to take her for four hours. So you need to accept that, and start trying to think of ways to make it easier on Darling. Because one way or another, she is going on this visit." Ow said (are you ready for this?), "Then you have to REQUIRE that he brings cd along. Darling will go with her without crying. If you want things to go easy for her, make cd come this time." Caseworker said, "But I thought you hate cd. Isn't it true that you have repeatedly been nasty to her?" Ow said, "Yes, but she is always nice and friendly to me, even when I am a b**** to her. And Darling won't cry if she is there." So caseworker was calling me to ask me if I would consider going along with h to pick up Darling.<P>Do you believe it? Ow was actually asking C&Y to MAKE me be part of Darling's life. I figure she must be pretty scared about losing custody if she is desparate enough to insist I come along to keep things running smooth. Either that, or she is planning on shooting me at close range when I walk in the door. I wouldn't give odds against it being the latter option.<P>But still! How dumb can a person be? She has just verified to C&Y that I really am a positive and loving person! I couldn't have done it better myself. <P>Ah, I am so sweet and good that even my enemies attest to it, hahahaha.<BR>-cd

B
B
cd, call me paranoid (Deb, you're paranoid !) but I wouldn't trust that broad any farther than I could throw her. If you go please take a witness with you, who knows what she may try. Like saying you attacked her or something. As you can tell I am not a trusting person anymore.

T
T
CD,<P>She may have just nailed the first nail in her parental coffin! I am SO happy that she is SO stupid in this case!! Also, she is the one who caused it to come to her begging to have you there to pick up Darling! What with them putting the fear of....in Darling about your H! If she thought they could get away with it, then she doesn't deserve to raise any child!!<P>Keep us up to date on what happens! I can't wait to hear about it!<P>Love,<P>Tigger

E
E
cd, Deb has a good point. I would ask the social worker if someone from the court could please be present, because of past problem. ember

U
U
CD-<P>Your exOW seems to be about as smart as mine is. I don't think she's going to try anything. I agree with you that's she so scared she's willing to do anything to keep her daughter. Have you notice our H's always pick rocket scientists to cheat with. Good luck with your first unsupervised visit.<P>Unsure<P>

J
J
CD, based on Gma's boyfriend's assault on your H at the last attempt, as well as the usual trash they give you, how about getting a local police officer along to help enforce your court order??? That would be a neutral witness to any shinanigans, and protection in case XOW has a trick (or pistol!) up her sleeve!!

C
C
On your way to Grandmama's and OW house of horrors, stop at the Cop Shop and borrow some titanium underwear (bullet proof vest), a helmet from the SWAT team and pack heat for your protection. Have handy some pepper spray.<P>Wow. What next. This entire scenario gets curiouser and curiouser.<P>Catnip =^^=

A
A
Hi CD, <P> On the surface, it sounds as if OW may be coming to her senses, but I doubt it. Call me paranoid (everyone else does) BUT my instincts tell me that this move on the part of the OW is in the "two good to be true department." I have been dealing with the antics of our OW for early 3 years, and EVERY TIME she appeared to be doing something cooperative, mature, or truly "in the child's best interest," it turned out that she had some ulterior motive. <P> These selfish women have proven they will stop at nothing to get what they want, including using an innocent child for bait, blackmail, or money-grabbing. What OW and her dear mother have done so far does NOT exactly show their sincere concern for the well-being of the child. I doubt that their thinking changed in a heartbeat simply because of a comment made by a social worker. <P>After a few nasty scenes w/pickup and dropff when we first started visitation with OC, we began requesting the presence of a police officer, just to make sure everything went smoothly and to have a witness as to what actually happened and was said. In our community this is a routine procedure in custody/visitation cases where there is animosity between the parents. We would just call the police department 45 minutes prior to our scheduled time to be at OW's house, and an officer would meet us there. We did this for about 10 visits until OW figured out that she had to abide by the rules whether she liked them or not. Now we don't have to do it anymore. You may want to consider that.<P>Good luck, dear. Again, please proceed with caution where the OW is concerned. <P>love, anniem

M
M
Hi Cd,<P>I am very suspicious about ow, why this sudden change. These women always have a motive behind in every action they take. Becareful CD, do not let your guard down for one moment. <P>Good luck, keep us post<P>with love mina<p>[This message has been edited by mina29 (edited August 22, 2001).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,084 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation