Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Dear fellow Marriage Builders,<P><BR>It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted or even browsed the message board. I’ve been so busy. I have the most wonderful news to share with everyone….<P>Last year, I thought my life would end. I found out about this OC in July. The OW was due in late September, early October. After finding out, the grief and pain I experienced was so potent I could taste it in my mouth. It was so thick I wondered why and how other people could not just feel my pain by being in my presence. Everything I thought sacred and precious had been torn away. And then it happened on 9/22. My H’s OC was born. Since then, it’s been a struggle trying to spend time with her without involvement from her overbearing, unhealthily attached mother. She’s tried to be a part of every visit since the OC’s birth. She just won’t detach herself from her daughter long enough for my H and I to get to know his daughter. Well….that will work itself out soon enough. Our lawyer will be fighting our court battles from now on and will make sure we get visitation that’s fair for everyone all the way around. We believe with all our hearts that God will show us favor in this situation. We’ve done everything we know to do in order to establish a relationship with his daughter in this situation. We feel like as long as we keep trying to do what’s right, we’ll continue to give God and our lawyer plenty of courtroom ammunition.<P>Now, for the best news in our lives…..My husband and I are in the process of adopting a beautiful baby boy! His name is Justin. He came into our lives on August 24th. He’s 5 months old and he is truly the apple of our eyes. I just have to share with you this testimony:<BR>On 9/22 of 2001 (irony or what??), my H and I welcomed our son into our family by introducing him to family and friends. We didn’t even plan for it to happen on the same day as the OC’s b-day. It just happened to be the earliest Saturday available for everyone to get together, and the Saturday before I was to return to work after parental leave. We had a wonderful time and Justin was passed from lap to lap getting all the hugs and kisses he could stand. Another irony is that he was conceived and born into this world the very same way as the OC. However his bio mom was compassionate enough and did what she thought was right and gave him a shot at a better life with a mom and dad around to love and rear him.<P>Thanks to you all for your prayers, kind words, not-so kind words (to the OW) and warm wishes in the past 15 months. God does answer prayers in a mighty way. He’s been so good to us since we’ve invited him into our marriage. He’s given us muscle to handle the periphery stuff we can’t handle in our lives (i.e. OW). He’s given us peace and focus to take care of the important stuff in life (rebuilding our marriage). We trust in him enough to supply us with patience and grace to handle our difficult relationships (OC). We thank him daily for blessing us with our son. <P>I’ll be lurking from now until. What happened to my family and me last year will forever change my life and I will need to give and receive comfort from time to time. Thanks again to you all. Chat with you later!<P>Mat<BR>

U
U
Matthew,<P>I just wanted to say congrats. I'm not familar with your story but I'm glad you have a new addition to your family. Isn't it funny how something good can come out of a bad situation. (You adopting someone elses OC) Good luck I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.<P><BR>Unsure

F
F
Dear Matthew,<P>That's incredible news! Just amazing how life can<BR>turn around for you. You sound so happy and at peace.<BR>Congratulations!!! Have the best of time with little<BR>Justin. Love and prayers to you!

J
J
Congradulations Matthew on your new son! May you bring each other so much joy!

C
C
Matthew...<P>God bless you and your family as it is growing into something wonderful and rich. I am thrilled for you.<P>I have always maintained tht there is nothingmore selfless, good and giving than adoption, whether it is on the giving end or the receiving end. Adoption is the most wonderful thing in the world. It gives a child chances in life that they might not, and very likely, not have otherwise, filled with advantages and opportunities.<P>Nine years ago I met the son I gave up for adoption in 1969. Our reunion was something I cannot describe and we have been friends ever since. His family has made me an honorary 'aunt' of sorts and I am included in some of their family celebrations since I know my place and let them know early on that I would never be intrusive in any way. I ask for nothing, respecting their feelings and being happy with whatever they are generous enough to offer, and as a result, get so much more than expected.<P>Congratulations on all these wonderful, happy and positive events...heartwarming... after all the pain and suffering in our country and on this forum. It shows us all there is hope and wonder and God is alive and well and living within each of us.<P>Catnip =^^=

F
F
Matthew, congrats to your new family. You can really feel the happiness in your words. Thanks for sharing your wonderful news. <BR> with love flowerseed

G
G
Matthew I could hardly wait for this sssslllooowwww website to allow my comments.<BR>Heaven has blessed you w/a new son and D. I wish you all the best and continued success in dealing w/your lives.<BR>God will reward your forgiveness 10 fold. Rather your acceptance. That can only come from a truly loving H and W<BR>that do everything important together in agreement. Let your love shine on. You certainly deserve all the best from here on out!<P>Catnip your story is simply wonderful. You have a huge family connection! I wish you well as always, my Meow -Meow friend.....<BR>love<BR>Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

M
M
Dear Matthew6:14,15<P>God's blessing are bountiful indeed. What a wonderful gift you have been given in Justin and what a wonderful gift he has been given in you and your husband.<P>Congratulations! We hope to be posting in about 6 to 9 months about an adoption of our own (or 2 or 3). [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>MJ

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 425 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation