Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
Ya know, I came here tonight to get some support because I am having a bad, bad day and thinking alot about ow/oc and why dh hasn't gotten the test and ladeeda.......<p>I have to tell you, I was so excited to learn that Harley had a website because I believe in his principles and his methods are working wonders for my dh and I. I thought that this message board would have people who had those same beliefs and encourage the priciples and theories.<p>I am a newbie and haven't offered much support because I feel rather empty. <p>I have noticed that most of the topics are arguements about who is who, who belongs here, who said what, who should go away, who should stay, who's right, who's wrong. I am so tired of it! My life is a total mess and I have to come here to read all of this stupid quibbling. I don't want to be a part of it anymore.<p>You know the ironic thing? The longest threads are those where everyone is arguing. Not the ones where people need support and encouragement and empathy and all the good things that I have seen many of you give.<p>I am so sad because I really wanted to be a part of this board so that I could incorporate these principles more into my life and learn from people who are doing the same.<p>I think that I need to bow out of this forum. Thank you for the support that I have received thus far.<p>love and light,
tinlizzy

X
X
Tin Lizzy<p>I sincerely hope you don't bow out of this forum. There are plenty of members who will give you advise, support and encourage you. Please try to ignore this ridiculous bickering amongst some of the members. You'll find actually that the percentage of people who are actually engaging in this activity is really small. <p>If you feel this section of the forum can't help you right now because of all this childish behavior exhibited here, then try the In Recovery section of the forum. <p>I do hope you stay. If you have any concerns you'd like to discuss with me away from this forum, please e-mail me<p>I will apologize here to you for the behavior that has caused you to feel this way. It really is not what this site is about. It is about building marriages.

T
T
tinlizzy,
I dont know if you are a spiritual person or not. I am, so I often cannot see things out of that context. I truly believe that God led me to this forum. However, when I arrived sometime this summer, I did not have to deal with negative posts you have had to see. God does work miracles here, but He always has to struggle with those who cannot see His Light. Please dont run from this place. Even if you are not as spiritual as I, you WILL find comfort here. You have to weed out the underdesirable messages to find the truth.
I will be praying for everyone here, those who can be supportive and those who cannot. I will also pray that God will soften their hearts so they may see how they can leave peacefully or see the truth.
I hope you give us another try.
[img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img]

C
C
tinlizzy<p>You are absolutely right, I agree wholeheartedly with you, TL...but, please, do not give up. Help us get the forum back to it's glory days when all we had here was comraderie and genuine concern. It once was a safe haven for us and it can be again...we need each other and we know what we must do to exorcize the demons...ignore, ignore, ignore.<p>Stay strong<p>Catnip =^^=

P
P51 Offline
P
Hey Tin, I didn't realize you were a newbie. I'm sorry you are in a down time. You know, when I posted directly to you a week or so ago, it's because I saw (or felt) something strong about you in your posts. The tone of your words were comforting to me. I feel at a loss for what to say. I hope that you can find the words here that will offer you some of the comfort you've given. I'll pray for your strength to return.

O
O
TL,<p>I don&#8217;t post often, but I do lurk here a lot. I&#8217;ve been coming to this forum for a little over a year and can honestly tell you that this place does have a lot to offer. Just like any relationship, however, it has it&#8217;s highs and lows. Unfortunately it is going through a pretty nasty low period right now. I have no doubt that it will bounce back. The folks you refer to as the &#8220;Oldbies&#8221; are pretty solid and steady. You can rely on them to give you sound advice and a lot of moral support. The wave makers do go away. Have a little faith [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>OB1

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks for caring [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I have seen alot of people trying to "up" the positive posts and see that I really do need you all. I'm not going to let some trouble makers make me so uncomfortable as to not post here or read here.<p>P51, thanks for the kind words. I figured that since I'm a newbie to the board, that I didn't have much comfort or wisdom to impart here. I'm happy that you felt comforted by whatever it was that I said. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Thank you for your prayers.<p>peace,
tinlizzy

T
T
[img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 870 guests, and 82 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation