Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#806118 11/22/01 07:58 PM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 361
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 361
I just wanted to share some good news for a change. I had my first solo meeting with a new psychologist. She was absolutely wonderful!!
H had his meeting with her first and thought she would possibly be a good match for me. He was right. <p>She seems to follow some of the basic MB concepts. She is a straight forward, no nonsense, take charge Dr. I can't wait till we have our first joint meeting. <p>She discussed all the things I have been trying to get across to H for the past 8 months. <p>We focused alot on the visitation problems we have been having, how to go about starting up again after putting off the past 3 weeks due to 3 yr. old not wanting to come to our house for visits. She said the same thing I had been telling H for the past month. "She's a three year old for gosh sakes, tell her what the visits will be, don't let her tell you" Also the OW has to be more cooperative, and tell the three year old something to the effect of "I know you are upset about going to see H and his wife, but they like to spend time with you and get to know you better, so H will pick you up at daycare". I could have kissed her right then and there. H and OW thought that visits should resume with out me included, and I was very upset about it.
She said that I was to be included, and not to avoid our house, but cut the visits shorter. <p>Works for me. She also said that we should be looking into Co-Parenting. She described it, and it seemed more of what I am comfortable with. More of a (as she put it) a business arrangement. So now I am hunting down material on co-parenting. Any reading material that any of you could recommend?<p>Tina

#806119 11/22/01 10:56 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 312
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 312
WAY TO GO!!

#806120 11/23/01 07:54 AM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,342
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,342
[img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] Nice things happen to nice people huh Tina? I'm glad you found a new therapist, and hope it continues to help you two deal with this.<p>Co-parenting sounds interesting. Never heard of the concepts though.<p>I'll try to catch up here in case someone knows the answer.
love
Debi


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0