Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#807047 12/21/01 06:46 PM
D
Dawn71 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
O.K. I was just wondering if someone might know the answer to this one since there are some H that are cops. About two weeks ago my H got a call on his cell phone and the person just said he was with the police department and that OW is getting several calls on her call showing up unknown and if it was my H to please stop calling.<p> My H never called her and then he person want to say if my H's friend(this is friend that is a female that introduce my H to OW) is calling OW's parent's house to please call her and tell her to stop calling OW's parent's house. My H said why don't you call her and tell her yourself? He did not say anything. Just to please stop calling if it is you. Otherwise, they will have the phone tap to see who is calling. OW is listed in the phone book. The person never said his name or anything. My H does not think it was a cop that called but OW's boyfriend saying he is a cop. Does that sound like a police Department would do? It was just weird. It makes me wonder what kind of state OW is in.<p>Dawn

#807048 12/21/01 10:02 PM
T
T
Dawn,
My H just ran out the door to work, but when he comes in tomorrow a.m. I will ask him.<p>To me, no cop would call your H on his cell phone, they would just show up at your door and talk to your H in person. That's my take on it so far.<p>From it sounds like, it sounds like an OW prank, trying to intimidate your H.<p>I'll post tomorrow for you what my H says.<p>Hugs,
Twiisty

#807049 12/22/01 12:43 AM
S
S
I just had an incident Wednesday night where an exboyfriend kept calling me and actually came by my house and pounded on the doors for a half hour straight at 300am. I called the police and while the police were at my apartment, this guy called twice and left messages on the machine. Each time after he called, the cop had the number traced by the phone company even though his name and number were showing up on the caller ID. It was the guy's cell phone. The officer called him back on his cell phone from my house and told him that he was with the city police department and that he was at my apartment right then and if he didn't stop coming by and calling that he would go to jail for harrassment. I don't know if this is the ame type situation, but the officer never stated his name. As a matter of fact, I didn't even get the officer's name myself. I was so nervous that the guy would show back up (we had an incident of domestic violence prior) that I was just happy to see the cop when he arrived. I live in NC.

#807050 12/22/01 03:30 AM
M
M
Dawn,<p>I agree with Twiisty... It sounds like ow's prank and a just another desperate attempt to draw attention to herself.<p>My h also is at work but i will ask him what he thinks when he gets home. I personally don't think that any police dept would call unless they had proof of whatever number was calling (like in savedbygrace's situation). I agree with Twiisty, they would probably show up at your door, but it just seems so minor (like a childish crank caller) that i don't see the police dept really holding the report as worthy at all. <p>And i also think it is standard procedure to identify yourself as "officer whoever" and not just "this is the police dept"... i would say that it was one of her friends, nonetheless, i will let you know what my h says.<p>Julia

#807051 12/22/01 03:36 AM
T
T
Just an idea. If this "police officer" calls again, ask for the exact dept he/she works in, and the badge number. Then, you call that dept back, and ask to speak to the officer with that badge number, or his supervisor. If this is a prank, the person will have no idea what to say, and probably just hang up on you. You can then turn around, and either *69 to get the number, or call the phone company to file a complaint. If that person continues to call and bother you, you can then file your own harassment complaint. Nice way to turn the tables.<p>Just an idea.<p>Tigger

#807052 12/22/01 09:25 AM
T
T
I agree with Tigger...most officers identify themselves prior to anything. They do have badge and ID and Radio numbers!!!! They even have a separate unit (police car) number too!!! I can't even remember half of my H's numbers!!! <p>I hope that you get to the bottom of your situation and let us know...you have my and my H curious about this...I will post when H wakes up...found him asleep on the couch this a.m. and didn't get a chance to ask him...he didn't want to wake our son up so he slept on the couch so I could get an extra hour's sleep.....how sweet!!!<p>Hugs,
Twiisty

#807053 12/22/01 10:32 AM
D
Dawn71 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hello,
Thanks for the information. OW only had my H work cell phone and his work just which company so he has a new cell phone number. The other one is dissconnected now. So, the person can't call him anymore. I really don't know think she know where he works and we had moved since all this happen. She does not know where we live. The only thing she knows is my H name. <p>She does not know his phone number anymore. If it was not for the person that introduce them she would not know anything about my H. <p>Dawn

#807054 12/22/01 09:29 PM
M
M
Sounds like everything is under control, but for whatever it's worth, my h agrees with Twiisty and Tigger... You are entitled to know the name of the officer calling, his badge number, his rank, the police dept loc, also the name of his supervisor, and a number that you can call him at. Like Tigger said, the person would have most likely fumbled all over the place not knowing what to say at that point.<p>Julia

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 671 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation