Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Hello,
I am mostly posting on D7D board.
In short: Me and exH 43, A started in 11/99, separated from 3/00, H moved in OW(33)/00, divorced 7/01, OW pregnant, baby due 3/02.
We were married from 1982, together from 1979, two girls, 20 and 12.<p>I still love my ex and he knows that, dr Harley continues to assure me that there is still hope for us to reconcile some day, that OW, well known about affairs, braking marriages, never married, several abortions, always supported financialy from men - him living only with me from childhood, becoming very reach last few yrs.<p>I am intersted if there is at least one case of divorced couple, with OC reconciling after some time?<p>I can't imagine future without him, I think I can forgive and forget him.
Is it real??<p>The whole story you can find in my old posts on D/D or in recovery.<p>Thanks

S
S
I do know of a case where that has happened. A friend of mine is a police officer and cheated on his wife. He moved out of the house and then told his wife about the OC. The OC was already a year old before he told her. They were legally separated for a year, during which time he tried to make things work with the OW. Their Divorce became final in February of 2001. They had two children of their own. They don't even know about this website but his wife did an excellent plan A. She never went to his apartment and when he went to their house to pick up the kids she didn't fuss and complain or nag him. To make a long story short, even though they are divorced, he moved mack home in October 2001. During their separation though, he saw the OC as much as he wanted so when he moved back home that was an issue they came to terms with. He does not have to have the exwife there whenever he goes to see OC and he has pictures of her up in his house now.

B
OP Offline
B
sbg thanks
I am so desperate and I lost every hope exH could be back.
We are separated so long as you see, and the baby will come, so I am glad that life can write even such stories you've heard for,<p>Thank you, I need some encouragement these hard holiday days
D

J
J
Affair-begun relationships rarely last, esp. with a history pattern like your H's OW. The trick, I guess, would be to be in a position to PlanA him when their relationship enevitably starts falling apart. If you can see him when he has visition with your daughter, that's your chance?<p>I don't personally know of a case like you describe, but I have heard second hand of several that survived living separately that produced an OC and the married couple still ended up back together. One of our marriage counselors said his own brother fathered a child while separated from his wife. They had monthly visitation for 12-13 years, then just once/year because the XOW got married and the OC preferred to spend time with her stepdad, having a more normal family. Other than no-contact, this arrangement seems pretty typical. <p>Good luck to you!!!!!!!
Prayers,
J

B
OP Offline
B
Jenny Thanks,
I know according to dr Harley and a lot of statistics you are right, but it seems that my exH is among those0.000 % which A didn't die natural death, that kicked me and YD from the house, that almost at the same moment moved OW in, that he allowed OW to kick OD from the house, that in his 43 yrs made another new baby and all that in two yrs, after 20 yrs of marriage. I know that such marriages usually don't last for long but for now it seems that they are real soulmates, what is so hard to accept.<p>I am an atheist but I pray that you and dr Harley ARE right and that there will open one more chanse for us.<p>But I am not strong enought to plan A in proper way when we are in contact. For some time I am good and then suddenly brake and again cry in front of him, beg him to come back or send him some touching (not for him) SMSs.<p>Thank you for encouraging me and for support.<p>Thank you.
I think when holidays finish maybe I'll feel better, these are so long and lonely days.<p>when their relationship enevitably starts falling apart.
If only that will be truth, no matter for how long I'll wait for him cause I love him so much.<p>D

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation