Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
My husband stopped his affair the end of January. "She" came back the second week of February claiming to be pregnant. (This is the third time she has made this claim.) This time she seems adamant. She took 6 pregnancy test. 5 alone, which she showed my husband and which were positive, then took 2 with him, both negative. He insisted she have a blood test, which she did, the result, was an elevated HCG level, therefore pregnant? That is my question. She is very manipulative and coniving. Does anyone know if you can elevated your HCG levels without actually being pregnant? She is a bodybuilder, so familiar with steriods and supplements. She is trying to trap him. We are just starting to find our way back to each other. Please help. She is very capable of this. There is much more to this horrible story. I would greatly appreciate any inoformation. Thank you, Learning to Heal

D
D
{{{{LTH}}}}
I wish I had an answer for you...I don't , I can just sympathize with your situation. I don't know for sure if the OW in my situation is pregnant either. I told Doc he needed to demand proof, but he's the type that wants to believe the best in everyone. But several things in her story just dont add up. I knew if I was patient she'd start showing her true colors, and she has. And THANK GOD he's seeing that. I hope you find your answer soon. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Peace!

L
OP Offline
L
DG:<p>Thanks for your kind words. OW is starting to show her true self too. It has taken him awhile to see what everyone else's sees in her, but at least he is starting to. They don't know how lucky they are to have women like us. I keep telling myself, how can I leave him when he needs me most? How crazy is that? This woman is incredible, really wicked. Her story just has way too many holes. I wish I had it all recorded so I could sell movie rights. It's amazing. <p>I heard that there was a neo-natal nurse who posts on this site. Do you know anything about that? I'm hoping she/he will read this and let me know about the HCG stuff. I have heard so many conflicting things. Even a website to answer those questions would be great.<p>Thanks again. Good luck to you.<p>LTH

T
T
Hi, LTH,
I found a website of FAQ for a fitness/weights site and apparently, HCG IS a hormone that body builders use.I tried to post the link so you can see for yourself and I hope I did it right. i think your husband's OW is trying to pull a fast one on you. If so, go along with the pregnancy but PLEASE make sure your husband doesn't sleep with her anymore b/c maybe if he believes she is already pregnant it he might think what's the use in using protection. But I would tell him to go to her ultrasound appointment with her. That is the only way to tell FOR SURE if she is using the HCG hormone as a suppliment and fooling the pregnancy testing or if she is truly pregnant. Best of luck!<p>http://www.trygve.com/mfw_faq.html#hcg

L
OP Offline
L
Thank you so much for your response.<p>I will check out that website. Thanks again!!

M
M
Learning,
I guess I would be that RN, But I strickly do OB/Perinatology, and lets just say the MEN in my life (3 closest to me are all in the field)
wish I had better news for you. But an elevated HCG does indicate pregnancy.
I know NOTHING about body building and increased HCG supplements, BUT if she is orally taking this it could affect her Beta Quantitive (which is the test they run for HCG). This could if taken in high enough doses give her a false + on a pregnancy test then a negative.
MY TAKE: she is faking. reason I think this---very simple. IF pregnant your Beta HCG doubles every 48-72 hours. SO if you take a home pregnancy test and it is + every test after should be a darker and stronger +, NOT NEGATIVE.
as far as the elevated HCG, she should be repeating it at least 3 times for a week, if she is pregnant this test will be in the 1000's with in no time...not slightly elevated (as in taking supplements).
HCG DOES NOT DROP WHEN PREGNANT - if it does you are having a miscarriage(if you were truly pregnant in the first place)
also you H should not be too gullible here. she is probably going to try to get pregnant. BUT if she is taking these suppliments it will be harder for her to concieve (another reason NOT to believe her) think about it- if you are taking HCG so much of it that it registers on lab work. Her body probably already thinks it is pregnant, and she will probably not even ovualate. NOW I said probably not. I dont trust any word of a desparate OW, Been there , done That. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]
Good luck, Tell you H to stay the H*** away from her..if she "turns up actually pregnant" I would INSIST on paternity test..trust me when I say women do lie about who is the father of there babies [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] .

T
T
MC,<p>It was so nice to see your posts this morning! I know that we never really had posted to eachother, but I did follow your situation closely, and rejoiced with you after the results of the DNA test! How are you and H doing?<p>LTH,<p>MC has offered TONS of legit advice! She knows what she's talking about! She's offered some excellent advice here, take it, it's worth the time!<p>Tigger

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation