Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80927 04/01/04 04:43 PM
W
OP Offline
W
I wanted to ask folks especially maybe wives who were WS to give me an idea of what this question means. The question is that my WAW who is separated from me (see my other posts)originally stopped wearing her wedding ring after she filed for divorce.

Recently since I have been LB free ( about three weeks now) and working hard on my plan A, I notice she has begun to wear a different ring on her ring finger. Is this indicative of anything or am I just getting my hopes up. Thanks for the responses.

#80928 04/02/04 09:11 AM
B
B
It could mean something. It could mean nothing. Can you ask her?

#80929 04/02/04 09:47 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Well, I didn't wantto press it. I was kinda dumbfounded when I saw it. Its a garnet ringthat she had when we were married. It was here grandmothers I believe. When I asked she just said that "she had gottne her garnet fixed" and I didn't ask anymore. Evidently she never wore it before since it was evidently broken.

But why the ring finger? Why not another finger? I know that I felt naked iwthout my wedding band on so I started wearingit again because I think it 1) sends a message to my wife and 2) Steve H also thought t woul dbe a good idea. 3) I like having it on and I'm not looking ofr anyone else right now anyway as I am comitted to the marriage for as long as I can carry on.

#80930 04/04/04 07:44 PM
J
J
My divorce won't be final til the end of May, but my wife quit wearing her ring about two months ago. And she says she's not interested in dating other people. She said it was too loose and annoyed her. She put it in a lockbox. She said she wants to let my daughter's fiance (she is currently 10) give it to my daughter. Why let your daughter wear something that reminds you of so much (supposed) pain? And why take your ring off if you're not looking for a little attention? And why put it in a lockbox? It's still a marital asset in my opinion, so we shall see...

Jody

#80931 04/04/04 11:02 PM
C
C
My x stopped wearing his about the time he filed and several months before he left home. I kept wearing mine for several weeks after he left - until I went to see my mom out of state and did not want to lose it at her house.

I don't know what it means that your w is wearing another ring on that finger. May just mean she wanted to wear something there if she was used to wearing a ring. Maybe that ring is special to her.

But I doubt a ring would be considered a marital asset if it was given as a 'gift'.

#80932 04/05/04 10:36 AM
J
J
I have wondered about the gift thing. In my case, it was a 10th anniversary ring, so obviously given after nuptuals. I will have to ask my attorney.

#80933 04/09/04 11:09 PM
C
C
If it is a gift, it is a gift. Her property. Don't stress over it. It is small potatoes in a divorce. You can ask that question but, at $150+ per hour, don't spend long on the discussion.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation