Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#809470 03/11/02 12:34 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 214
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 214
I think this is just a really really bad day for me. next month I'm going to Doc's...we're going to go house hunting for "OUR" house...I should be over the moon. I've only been to where he lives once before, and he took me to the office and introduced me to some of his co-workers. I mentioned it would be nice to see one of them again..as we "clicked" , and it would be nice to have at least one friend where I'm moving to. Doc informs me that OW has asked that I NOT go to the office.OK Sh*t hits the fan on that one. Who is she to dictate where I can or can't go.So I've spent the past two days being obsessed with this issue. Any thoughts?

#809471 03/12/02 01:31 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 271
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 271
Does OW work in Docs office? What has Doc said about this rediculous request? I just have one thing to say, don't you back down here, stand your ground.

#809472 03/12/02 01:45 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 214
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 214
The OW works with him, one of a handful of people in his dept. Right now Doc is busy playing both sides of the fence, he's trying everything to keep me reassured and calm....but on the other hand...he's doing the same for her..he's trying to maintain a decent relationship with her for when after the baby is born. He really wants a relationship with this child. The issue on me going to the office he's sided with me on...I am with him , we are a couple and if she's got a problem with it tough. I knew this was going to be hard..I just didnt realize how hard [img]images/icons/confused.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Peace!

#809473 03/11/02 02:24 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 271
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 271
Yes, it would be nice if he could maintain a civil relationship with the OW if he intends to be part of his childs life but definately not at your expense. She may just be testing her grounds right now to see what she can get away with. As long as Doc sides with you and lets the OW know that he's not going to play those games. And no, I'm sure none of it is going to be easy but I think if the bounderies are set firmly where the OW is concerned that it can be done. And remember, it doesn't matter how upset she gets at Doc or you he can still have a wonderful relationship with his child. Both of you can.

#809474 03/12/02 02:03 AM
Joined: May 1999
Posts: 3,369
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 1999
Posts: 3,369
DG<p>Now is the time for you and Doc to be united on this and all issues.<p>Praying<p>Catnip =^^=

#809475 03/12/02 05:57 AM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,303
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,303
Well, it seems to me that if you guys are going to be involved in the OC's life, and probably with you as the go-between on visits? It seems that OW needs to realize that you ARE a couple and she should stay on both of your good sides, right? Makes sense to me that she should start learning how to meet you face to face like an adult... Oh well, hang in there because I know this cannot be easy for you whatsoever...

#809476 03/12/02 11:11 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 214
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 214
Thanks for the support [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>All I can do is hope that this woman grows up some and accepts the situation for what it is and works with us. Doc's determined to be a part of this little ones life and is hoping to avoid any legal mess.
I found out last night that she instant messages him all day long via inner office IM's, asking him "whats wrong with me, why can't you be with me"
I told Doc he needs to inform the HR dept of whats going on , and one of them needs to be moved to a different dept.
Its been two steps back and one step forward for us...I just wish I had a fast forward button( or should that be a rewind button) for my life<p>Peace and happy Tuesday!!
a bright spot...Dr Phil is on today...LOL<p>[ March 12, 2002: Message edited by: DocsGirl ]</p>


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0