Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#809795 03/26/02 12:17 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,884
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,884
Hi all! I just wanted to share in my excitement! Of course, I can't give dates right now, but Sailorman will be home in less than a month! This has been such a trying time for both of us, as we were on such a great road to recovery before he left, and then we had to endure the seperation for 6 months! I know there are others here in the same boat(Jenny to name at least one)and we've all survived it before, but this one almost seems like our first. I say that because of our recommitment to each other, and how it was feeling like we had just gotten married!<p>These next weeks, I will be going absolutely bonkers! The waiting gets to you when the time is so short before their return! <p>On another happy note, my sister had her baby on Sun evening! A beautiful little girl who weighed 7 lbs 3 oz! I can't wait to see her in person! I haven't talked to the new Mom or Dad yet, but I figure that no news is good news! My parents should be getting there some time today(2 day drive)and will be enjoying their 6th granddaughter! My neice was about a week early, just like all my babies were.<p>Anyway, I just wanted to share in my good news, and crazy life right now!<p>Love,<p>Tigger

Joined: May 1999
Posts: 3,369
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 1999
Posts: 3,369
Tigger!<p>Just as spring is a time for new beginnings, you and Sailorman will be beginning again in just a couple short weeks! I am so absolutely delighted the two of you will be together again after this very difficult and long separation.<p>I bet it will be just like a Honeymoon, all new and exciting and promising...and just think, you are entering into this new phase of your marriage armed with knowledge and experience that makes you light years ahead of the game than any newlywed just starting out, and it will be just as exciting and new for you two.<p>God bless you and Sailorman and your family and congratulations on the new addition to the family. I sincerely hope with all my heart that you will get someone to come in for a long four day weekend and take care of the kids while the two of you rebond at a B & B...like Bipolar and I did last weekend...recapturing the essence of what is the two of you. You do need this time together without the kids. <p>Catnip =^^=

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,884
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,884
One little side note on my new neice. I just got off the phone with my mom, who is there with my sister and her husband. My neice has a higher jaundice level, and isn't able to leave the hospital yet. Please pray that these levels will lower, so that Mom and Baby can head home soon! My children had the same problem, and it can be so frustrating, especially for new parents! It's nothing dangerous at this time, but they want to monitor her, and my sister remember's my son's first week, being in the hospital due to his jaundice. I don't think that's helped her any, as she would like to just go home with the baby now.<p>Thank you for the prayers in advance.<p>Love,<p>Tigger

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 922
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 922
Dear Tigger,<p>Wonderful news! What a joy it will be to welcome Sailorman home again -- I know how much you have missed him and how difficult it has been without him.<p>My prayers go out to your sister. My daughter had the same problem and had to stay in the hospital. It really increased the "postpartum depression"... So, I am praying that your niece will improve and join your sister as soon as possible.<p>Hope our MB baby, Abbi is doing well and thriving. You haven't sent photos in a while, so when Sailorman comes home you must take some family photos and send them out. <p>Take good care of yourself, the worst is over and it is smooth sailing from here.<p>love,
heavenly

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 621
U
Member
Member
U Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 621
Tigger,<p>I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and your family.<p>Unsure

Joined: Mar 1999
Posts: 2,430
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Mar 1999
Posts: 2,430
Congradulations to tigger and kids! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>And if your sister is nursing, b-milk is the very best thing to increase poops, which is what gets the jaundice over with, so increase nursing! (actual b-milk jaundice is very rare and unusual) I wish I had learned that before my firstborn, whose jaundice was totally mismanaged by the doctors.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,884
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,884
Thank you all for your prayers for my niece. I haven't heard anything new from my mom, so am assuming that they are still in the hospital. <p>Jenny--From what my mom said, this is an "ABO incompatability" jaundice. It happens when mom is O and dad is either A or B. It is similar to the Rh-, but the antibodies don't try to "kill" the baby. It just causes the baby to produce more red blood cells to combat the mom's antibodies. After birth, there is an over abundance of red blood cells, and the little liver has a very hard time disposing of them, therefore causing the jaundice. The big problem with that is the levels fluctuate drastically, and needs to be monitored closely. Our oldest spent a week under the blue lights, and his levels would go from 11 to 19 in less than 12 hours. Our middle, who was actually the orangest, stuck at around 17.5 and then started to lower on it's own, so she didn't need the photo therapy. In cases such as these, if the level gets to 22(I think) they would require a blood transfusion. Mom didn't know what my niece's level was at when we spoke last night, just that the docs wanted to watch her. Hopefully, they will be home soon. I do believe that she is breastfeeding, which is why she is also in the hospital with the baby.<p>Ok, class is dismissed [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Again, thank you all for your prayers.<p>Love,<p>Tigger

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,303
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,303
[img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I'm so happy and celebrating your reunion with your dear hubby. I know you missed him so much. I cannot even imagine! Was watching the news tonight and saw so many military couples locked in kisses and embraces as they were reunited. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Also congratulations on the new baby! I'm sure everything will be fine. It's just alarming to get that news of not being able to go home with your baby immediately. They just need to make sure that everything will be perfect, but it's so tough on a mommie cuz there's no place like HOME!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 709
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 709
Tigger,
Glad to hear the news. Sorry to hear about your niece. Hope they will be home soon.<p>Dawn

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,950
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,950
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tigger4jdt:
<strong>Thank you all for your prayers for my niece. I haven't heard anything new from my mom, so am assuming that they are still in the hospital. <p>Jenny--From what my mom said, this is an "ABO incompatability" jaundice. It happens when mom is O and dad is either A or B. It is similar to the Rh-, but the antibodies don't try to "kill" the baby. It just causes the baby to produce more red blood cells to combat the mom's antibodies. After birth, there is an over abundance of red blood cells, and the little liver has a very hard time disposing of them, therefore causing the jaundice. The big problem with that is the levels fluctuate drastically, and needs to be monitored closely. Our oldest spent a week under the blue lights, and his levels would go from 11 to 19 in less than 12 hours. Our middle, who was actually the orangest, stuck at around 17.5 and then started to lower on it's own, so she didn't need the photo therapy. In cases such as these, if the level gets to 22(I think) they would require a blood transfusion. Mom didn't know what my niece's level was at when we spoke last night, just that the docs wanted to watch her. Hopefully, they will be home soon. I do believe that she is breastfeeding, which is why she is also in the hospital with the baby.<p>Ok, class is dismissed [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Again, thank you all for your prayers.<p>Love,<p>Tigger</strong><hr></blockquote><p>My youngest D also went thru the light therapy for 24 hours after she was born. It certainly put her mom and me thru an emotional roller coaster but today, 11 years later, she is one healthy, beautiful, amazon of a girl.<p>Have faith, your niece will be just fine.<p>Joe

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,884
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,884
Quick update before I get the kids ready for Easter services!<p>My neice was only in the hospital one extra day. I'm glad that it wasn't as severe as my son, who spent a whole week under the lights! They are all home, healthy and happy! I would have posted yesterday, but didn't spend too much time online, as I was spending the day with the kids.<p>Again, thanks for all the prayers, and we are now a week closer!<p>Love,<p>Tigger

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 610
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 610
Tigger,<p>I am so glad that Sailorman will soon be home. Are you going to decorate the house? When Mr. J returned from deployment, I put a finish ribbon across the garage door and we drove through the ribbon like coming home from a race.<p>I also wrapped the bed in yellow ribbons.<p>Have fun. Keep yourself busy making plans for your reunion. You too will be back on your solid road of recovery very soon.<p>Love,
MJ


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0