Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,255
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,255
I'll try to make my mess as simple (which it's not) and short as possible. This is my first post on this site, even though I have been doing extensive reading, researching, and soul-searching for some time now.
My wife and I have been married over 10 years now. She had two children of her own ("tots") when we met. We've had two since. We were friends first--she wanted no part of a relationship--fell in love, lived together, got married. All was blissful for the first few years.
Without getting into too much gory details, she had a nervous breakdown (and still dealing with depression) and I became aware I was a gambler. Even before these events, the marriage started deteriorating--with these events, it became co-existing. With both of us in counseling (she currently--I stopped) separately, we have improved as individuals. The problem being, I feel hopeless that this marriage will work--that we can't/won't improve--no, salvage-- the marriage. (Maybe it's a copout--I'm still working on that.) The other problem being, in the meantime, I developed a strong friendship--best friends--with another woman. There is no A going on--we already agreed it would be completely wrong--and it's not what our relationship is based on anyway. But certainly an emotional A. There are many other variables in the situation, but I've failed to give myself any jumping off point, any reference to where I should go, what I should think, what I should do. Any suggestions--any--will help. (As this friend said to me, I know I need to resolve the problems in my marriage. But these resolutions scare me as I don't think there are fixing them.)
Scared and confused.

<small>[ July 16, 2004, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: LINY ]</small>

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,255
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,255
I also wanted to note to the above, that even though these are two separate issues above they are running parallel, and obviuosly interwtwined in a lot of ways. I reread my post and Mortimer's string, and find myself in my marriage at this point only for the kids and my vows. I do love my wife--her well being, success, etc--but one of my dilemmas of life was just accepting things as they were. One of my growths over the years was not just accepting. (I was a "stuffer.") So, I did have to add a little more of the "gory details" to give me advice. Thank you.

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 372
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 372
repost from Not in love with me anymore??? thread

It's so sad reading this for me as it echos what my H has been telling me and told me once again today. I really hope that you can give your marriage another chance and try having NC with the OW. I'm hoping my H will give us another chance and I can only hope you will too because that would bring hope to many of the people here going through the same.

You may want to post in the Questions section under infidelity. You may get more responses there. All I can say is that you even being on this site is a step in the right direction.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0