Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#813236 07/24/02 09:33 PM
D
Dawn71 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Catnip,
You are right! I am thankful I had time to work on my marriage. It just when my H told me that OW quit her job and his on welfare brought everything back. And I know the state will be after him now!

I do not feel very lucky about OC not being my H!

Now, it seems like D-day again for me. I am becoming more depressed again!

Dawn

<small>[ July 25, 2002, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Dawn71 ]</small>

#813237 08/02/02 02:36 PM
D
Dawn71 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hello,

I just talked to a lawyer and he said that even though the laws state that our childern where born before so they should be consider does not mean they will be consider. My H has to make a case so child support will be lower. And he has to make a case for back support.

The lawyer told me that OW might be able to get back support to the birth even though the law states that back support go back to when the child support case was open.

His advice was to either voluntary the information or call OW and try to settle this matter privately.

Of, course my H does not seem to listen to anybody.

Dawn

#813238 08/02/02 05:17 PM
E
E
Heh, join the club.

My H just figured out how to get past the receptionist at the CS office--never mind actually going in and confronting them or making sure he is involved. They told him all the calculations are being done and he has no say in what they are. ARRG.

Hope your OW is saner than mine--settle it privately, what a joke!
EJ

#813239 08/05/02 01:11 PM
D
D
Hey Dawn
I am the same boat as you only still waiting on OC to be born. My H won't request DNA either. He wants to wait for her to come after him. Why I have no idea. I want it done ASAP. There is a slim chance ( I think ) the OC is not his. My luck though it will be. I know in my state they CS is less if you are already paying on another C. Playing this waiting game is unbarable.

#813240 08/05/02 01:43 PM
D
Dawn71 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
DBH,
Well, OC was born in October of last year and she just now has a child support case open and that was because the state opened it on there own. They did this because she is on welfare because she quit her job.

Here in WI they are suppose to consider older childern first before OC no matter if there is a child support case for them or not. However, sometimes the judge does not consider them. I heard though you can appeal if they do not consider them.

Well, my H said if he had saw OC at the hospital or when he called OW and had the oppurinty to see the baby things might be different. He would have bonded a little. He said how can he care about someone that he does not know.

I thought there is a good chance that OC is not your H because the dates do not match up.

Dawn

<small>[ August 05, 2002, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Dawn71 ]</small>

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation