Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#818920 01/18/03 03:52 AM
N
OP Offline
N
Well I don't really mean yours but you know what I mean, mine is 6, 7 in April, husband tried contact without my knowledge, needless to say it did not work, that was 2 years ago for 4 months, no contat since, other thing have you seen OC? i have not, but I sometimes wish I had or could, why? not sure, still hate OW very much, actually I receive her department store bill, haha she has no idea, so I know what she spends and when, jeez now you thinkI am nuts, I probably am but I got that info whenI found out about her, I took her info out of her trash, I was thinking some kind of payback at the time, oh well i ahve know about all this since OC was 11 months so there was no contact for 4 years then for 4 months and now it will be over 2 years, I know i am rambling but hey its the way i talk too! Looking forward to reading the answers!

#818921 01/18/03 07:43 AM
G
G
neverforget,
Oc is going to be two end of April
I see him when ow goes to beauty shop next to H's office while I'm there working. Lets oc "run" up to our big office front window which is directly next to beauty shop door.
I usually just continue typing and act as if oc/ow aren't there.

I have to admit ow has been laying low this last mo. Perhaps seeing "for sale" sign on our home let her know we're changing the close situation for good.

We have no visits.

It has been over 2 years since A ended. Ended in July 2000. H found out ow was preg in early Sept. 2000.
The rest is history.
love
Debi

#818922 01/18/03 09:53 AM
D
D
Hello,
My OC is 15 months old.

Dawn

#818923 01/18/03 10:24 AM
S
S
NF...

Our OC is now 18 months old and we have her every week. She stays with us from Wed nights until Sun mornings.

She is the light of my life... and I enjoy every day I have with her...

#818924 01/18/03 11:25 AM
K
K Offline
K
Mine's four years old, and he's a joy and delight too. But of course, I get to live with him every day with no interference from the OM, so this is about as ideal as these situations come...

#818925 01/19/03 01:10 AM
I
I
OC will be 3 in october.

I have never saw oc, and don't think I could handle it if I did.

h has no contact with oc.

#818926 01/19/03 01:19 AM
J
J
OC is 5 almost 6.
I have never seen her. H says he has only seen her in pictures but I have a feeling that is not entirely true.
jtigger

#818927 01/19/03 01:36 AM
L
L
OC will be three months soon, don't know exact date. We have never seen him, don't want to.

#818928 01/19/03 08:16 PM
T
T
Neverforget,
STBX has 2 OC. One is 4, and the other is 1 1/2. Tried for 18 months to make marriage work. Separated in Sept. Husband said his marriage was his number one priority, and I believed him.
I was involved in visitation. Believe it or not, I even started enjoying my time with the OC. I was a very mother, and would have been a good stepmother. Our children would have even been involved with their half siblings, but not now. Husband's relationship with his children is damaged.

Constant relationship with OW through the workplace and visitation arrangements made recovery impossible. Relationship with OW resumed after about 15 months. Constant statements by the OW telling H that the OC need a full time father. She has now won. Passion has won over history.

Husband filed for divorce one week before Christmas. I am having a difficult time accepting his decision to end our marriage. 30 years together is a long time to give up.
Husband said from now on, he is doing what makes him happy, without any concern for our children or me. But if he asked for a reconcilation, against advice from Therapist, family, and members here, I would try again in a heartbeat.

There is a t-shirt at Target with saying "It's all about me". It was hard to resist buying one for H and OW. They both have made very selfish decisions.

Also talking of paybacks. Just last week OW emailed me out of clear blue on company internet and company time. It was a very hurtful email to me, how I would love to forward it to her supervisor. Especially since H has lost his job there because of this affair. This time I refrained from replying. Big step for me.

If I had it to do all over again, NC would be my stand. All I have to show for the past 22 months of trying to forgive, recover and heal is a pending divorce, no self esteem, and a broken heart.

me BS 49, WS 47 OW 34
married 27 1/2 years
2 C. 20 and 23

#818929 01/20/03 09:31 AM
T
T
Our OC, Abbi, will be 2 in March! She is such a joy to have around, and growing by leaps and bounds! As with K and his W, we have had NO contact w/xOM and, as far as we know, he never even knew about the P! That is definately the easier way to go about this situation!

Tigger

#818930 01/20/03 12:24 PM
T
T
My H's oc is two weeks older than our first daughter together, which is 3 years.

I haven't seen her and H signed away sole care and custody to the mother. He hasn't seen her since she was roughly one year old.

Twiisty

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 218 guests, and 103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation