Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
aimee2 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
My hubby is in the National Guard. He was activated last Friday night and told to report on Monday morning. They packed and got ready all week. Yesterday (Thursday) morning they rolled out. There were about 100 men and women who left with the unit. I tried hard to hold it together, but there were a few tears when we said goodbye. His papers say for one to two years, which I think is standard. After our initial goodbye, me and the kids drove up to the mall and waited by the side of the road to watch as they passed through town. We waved to each truck that went by. By the time, I saw hubby driving by, I was just bawling. I hope he didn't notice. I don't want him to worry about anything at home. I want him to concentrate on being safe and know that we will miss him but be okay. It is so hard to think that after all of this we will be separated. At least this time it is not because of something he did to us. And I hope that he believes that I will take care of these children. I am kinda glad that he went away for a month long AT last summer. It was like practice for me with new kids and a hurt lonely heart. I really think that after I get this broken leg healed we will be alright. Deep breath, constant prayer, good friends, still...whew...

Anyway, the neatest thing was that sporatically along about 25 miles of highway, people were standing out waving flags and God Bless Our Troops signs and cheering them on. Wow! What a show of support. The support for our military members should not waiver regardless of what we think of the war movement. In our little town, they came out in full force. The streets shut down for nearly an hour as the soldiers passed through. The last sign that I saw is my prayer for them- "Soldiers, Go with God and Our Love".

They will spend a few weeks at a base here in the US. Then they go to "destination unspecified".

I notice that several of us here are affected by activations. Both of my brothers are gone too. I pray that those of us left behind show our spouse a strong homefront, that we stay healthy and smart as we deal with life practically alone for awhile, that we have or develop a good support system, that the children feel secure and maintain a positive image of the parent who goes and the one who stays, and that our spouses will be mentally and physically safe, that they return home soon, and that we all lean on God knowing that there is a plan.

B
B
Just wanted to say I am praying for you and your family too. Were you told when you would hear from your husband if you will? I know my cousin is in the Navy and he is able to email everyday if he wants. Did they give you any information as far as keeping in touch???

babstr.

F
F
aimee2,

I'm sending you hugs! I'm in the NG, but not in a deployable unit. The father of my children is in an aviation unit and his unit went to Bosnia a year ago, fortunately he was able to stay behind at the last minute in the HQ. The unit comes home in March and the families are all getting anxious and excited. The trip was a peace keeping mission and communications were good (family teleconferences, email, etc).

I pray for your H and his unit and also for you and the family! This sort of separation is never easy!

God bless you!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation