Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#82050 10/24/03 10:00 AM
D
OP Offline
D
This is my 1st time to post. My husbands affair has been long term. He began it after my diagnosis with breast cancer. I've only known about it for about 18 mos.He continues to say he wants to stay married and keeps trying to end it with her.
Here's the kicker -- it turns out she has been blackmailing him to keep him from ending it! She says she will ruin his career; or run her car into our house; or commit suicide. I don't know how dangerous she could be or if she's bluffing.
So, I'm sure you're wondering why I'm still here. I guess I am too, but here I am.
dazed & confused

#82051 10/31/03 10:46 AM
D
D
this seems ridiculous! your husband says that the reason he is still in the affair is because she is blackmailing him? i am surprised he would say this and i am surprised you would believe it. when a person starts to threaten another person life or their own life they need to be reported to the authorities. besides this, a restraining order should be put into place to protect yourself and your husband. take some action against this crazy lady and tell your husband what you are going to do.

#82052 11/01/03 03:26 PM
S
S
dazed & confused, I haven't checked in this forum for a while. You have good points. I would post to Plan A/Plan B. There's a lot of action there. Sounds like you need a plan. You could also post to General Questions II which also sees lots of action.

My H is in an A. He's been in it for 4 months and he's in love with her. Can't stop. Has tried 2x and couldn't last 48 hours. I told him he needs to move out and if he decides to come back, he will not get another chance if he contacts her. How have you done it for 18 months? You need a plan now, girlfriend!!

L
L
We could not get rid of the other woman either. He was no longer invovled but she would call, email, even stayed with his mom for three days. Because years ago they had lived together he was able to get a restraining order. When she found this out, she not only stopped but sent one last email applogizing to me. Go figure it took the law.
tell him to get a restraining order, or prosecute her for blackmail, harasment something and END IT.

This is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice in it.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation