Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Cyn1018 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
This has been bothering me for some time now. How can WS have NC with OW if there's a child involved? Won't OW always be a part of WS's life because of this? I wish OW and her children would go away forever. If this baby is WS's then there will always be a bond between them, one I can never have because I don't have any children. Tell me what do I do and how do I handle this? WS was living with OW as well. If OC was not in the picture I doubt this farce of a relationship would have lasted this long.

B
B61 Offline
B
Cyn,

Being that I am in the same boat as you I see no way that NC w/ OW will work if there is C w/ OC.

Unless there is a mutual agreement that OW & H have a 3rd party to set up p/u &d/o there will be C. There should be boundaries set up though & OW should know that BW's are stepmoms & are not to be excluded from visitations & that OW are not to be involved in the M. In my case I know if I stay M to my H OW will be in my life but she will have to be put in her place & totally out of our M, otherwise we aren't going to work.

K
K
If there IS C w/ OC then there will be C w/ OW.

It can be minimized though. Boundaries will have to be set. Majority of C can go through BS, then the use of email, logbook that travels w/ child.

Originally C w/ OW but FOR OC, was between my H & OW. H got so sick of OW antics that he could no longer put up w/ it or her so all C is through me and rarely face to face or even over the phone. OW has tried to keep communication going w/ H,(addressing email to H) about OC but I remind her that it is only through me when I respond.

So C w/ OW is not eliminated but it is greatly minimized which has reduced the stress & tension tremendously on both sides.

O
O
"How can WS have NC with OW if there's a child involved? WS was living with OW as well."

listen, i don't mean to come across sounding harsh but it doesn't sound like WS wants NC with OW if they're living together.

"Won't OW always be a part of WS's life because of this?"

no, there are plenty of MM who have become runaway dads where OC is concerned. and if he runs, chances are OW won't want to have anything to do with him. there's nothing less attractive than a man who runs from a child he helped create.

"If OC was not in the picture I doubt this farce of a relationship would have lasted this long."

again, i don't mean to sound harsh but if it was a farce of a relationship, he'd be right back at home with you.

C
Cyn1018 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Maybe so but WS wanted a child desperately and OW used this to keep him. We don't have any children and were trying when she came into the picture. Right after WS said he was coming home she is all of a sudden pregnant. She's already threatened him with if you don't do as I say you'll never see your kid.

K
K
easy OTS.

Threats are nothing. If WS wants C w/ OC there is nothing anyone can do or say to stop him, BS or OW. Same as if he doesn't, no one can force him.

If your H gets serious about his marriage then he will have to handle things legally to have a relationship w/ OC, which is best anyway. You can't 'enforce' a verbal agreement.

But it will be up to him to decide what he wants and unfortuneately, right now it IS all about HIM. I don't believe it has anything to do w/ you or OW right now. IMHO it is just about how HE feels and going where he can 'feel' the best.

I'm not that familiar w/ your story but I am sorry that you are in this situation.
I know it totally sucks.

Hang in there.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 360 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation