Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#842528 03/19/05 05:44 PM
A
OP Offline
A
To make a very long story short, A member of my family had a C last year from an A. She was out of town went she went into labor early. The baby eas born about 7 weeks early and was very sick for awhile but is doing very well now.

Here is the problem, her and her H decided to give temp. custody of the C to another family member that lives where she gave birth. The bio dad knows about the C but denies it to everyone. His wife is the same way.

Most of the family knows and understand why she gave temp. custody away but the others are mad as hell. They are telling her to go after the dad for support.

Her and her H are doing very well in their recovery and go she the baby as much as po0ssible. As far as the bio dad goes no one has any idea how is marriage is doing or if there was even any recovery.

The child was named Jr., after his dad. My family member wants to send him pics., but how can she without causing any problems.

Any and all advice is greatly needed.

Sorry for the long post. God Bless Everyone !!!!

K
K
Okay, so the person who has 'temporary custody' pfOC wnats to send pics to XOM?

NO NO NO! THat is ridicuolous! Why butt in like that? It would ONLY be inviting trouble. WHY go against the parents wishes? I am assuming the parents (mom & H) don't want this right?

IF XOM wanted to be involved he would be. Let it go. Let him & his W try to heal/repair their marriage as much as possible. Let them live in peace & the bio mom & H try to gain some peace in thier life as well.

N
N
Not a good idea. This is between the bio parents. Some very hurtful things could happen over this. I'd stay out of it.

S
S
I am worried that the "family member" who wants to send the pix is the mother of OC.

If that is the case her marriage is still fragile and she needs to talk to someone about why she would want to do this very destructive thing. It would crush her husband to know she got in touch with OM.

If the family member is someone other than the mother, sending the photos would open a can of worms. It is up to the mother and her husband to make the decisions regarding OC. Let them.

~ Snow

T
T
AJ,
iF you are a family member as you say, then I would recomend that you and the rest of your family butt out. You can do more damage than good. The decisions need to be made by the mom and her H.
Also if by chance you are the birth mom. Did you name the baby jr. after bio dad or after your H?
That isnt clear in your post. IF you named him JR. after bio dad what a SLAP in the face to your H.
I hope the 2 of them are in counceling. Their marraige can be repaired but outside people need to stay outside of their marraige.
You can offer them support without getting involved.

Lori

S
S
I agree with everyone, the best thing to do is offer your support but don't get involved. There are already far to many issues at hand.

SG

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation