Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#869026 05/31/00 02:20 PM
P
pondvj Offline OP
OP Offline
P
My son and I spent the weekend out of town. While away, my H (we have been seperated since mid-August) called me in Ohio every night. And when I got home there was a card there for me with a handwritten note inside that said:<P>Viki,<BR>Just want to say thanks for being so patient with me. I promise it will get better and hopefully all this crap pays off for us and we can work all this out and stay together for the rest of our lives. I find myself missing you and Austin more and more everyday and constantly thinking of the both of you. Just hang in there if I am worth it and I think the two of us can work this out. Just be patient with me. Thanks for everything and remember I love you. <BR>Love 4 ever & always, <BR>Mark<P>Man was I floored. Then to top things off, he sent me flowers at my office today for no reason. The card says "Thinking of you, Love you, Mark".<P>Have I died and gone to heaven or what? Here's the strange part. I'm afraid of getting too exicted about it. I don't want to get let down or hurt again. Is that crazy. I should be jumping for joy. Instead I'm wondering if it's for real or not. Boy life can be tricky. <P>------------------<BR>You can't live with them, you can't kill them.<BR>*Viki

#869027 05/31/00 02:32 PM
L
L
yeah, it's weird, i just told everyone im divorcing H, and he's all over me, loving me, telling me how beautiful i am and how he thinks we can work it out. no comprendo...<BR>at least mark is making an effort, anyway, just take it with a SMALL grain of salt [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#869028 05/31/00 02:34 PM
P
pondvj Offline OP
OP Offline
P
lwb,<BR>That's what I'm going to try to do. I guess there is some truth to the saying "You always want something you can't have". <P>Are you still planning on Ding your H?<P>------------------<BR>You can't live with them, you can't kill them.<BR>*Viki

#869029 05/31/00 02:38 PM
B
B
Vicki<P>I don't know your story but I think you have been given the gift that each of us on this board have lived for months and, in my case years, for....some sign of appreciation for your patience in a very difficult time and a yearning to work on your relationship and live the rest of your life together. <P>Count yourself lucky and hang it there because I think your H will be worth it.<P>Buffy

#869030 05/31/00 02:38 PM
T
T
Hi Viki<P>Don't have any answers for you, but that is simply amazing! And nice, too. What kind of flowers are they?<P>Too bad we can't compartmentalize a little more so we can enjoy the good times without risk, huh? <P>God bless<BR>TNT

#869031 05/31/00 02:52 PM
J
J
Congrats Viki,<P>It's wonderful news! Be happy, a well deserved and long awaited emotion. <P>Can you post a quick picture of your story and stats? It helps me knowing anothers struggles. (i.e., Discover, A, separation, durations of each)<P>God bless you and your family!<BR>Jo

#869032 05/31/00 03:54 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
Viki,<P>Great signs... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>...but always... always... have a little caution.<P>Celebrating for a day or two is OK though!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

#869033 05/31/00 04:15 PM
C
cl Offline
C
hi Pond, nice to see a familar name!<BR>That guy is full of cute surprises isn't he! Why not take it for just what it is-a gesture of love, care and kindness. Don't read into it more or less-just go with it!!!<BR>I am so happy for you! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] wow [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#869034 05/31/00 05:44 PM
S
S
Hi pond - been there. I hope it is for real for you. Just enjoy it as a step forward. It is and you can appreciated it as such - without letting your heart run wild with expectations.... OK, a little, limited wild is OK [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>Happy for you-<BR>Starpony

#869035 05/31/00 08:32 PM
S
S
Hi Viki -<P>I'm glad to see that he is taking some small steps - that's the right way for him to work through his confusion....<P>When it's big steps too fast, that's what will bite us on the behind!!! LOL!<P>Stay steady and strong because it will be worth all this waiting when he has finally sorted his way through his confusion.<P>No expectations, OK? Just enjoy the moment and keep your eye on the goal of a better relationship once the loooonnng<BR>march towards it is accomplished!!!<P>Hey, at least his brain is in use...my H's is freeze dried, I think!!! LOLOL!! <BR>BIG HUGS,<P>Sheba

#869036 06/01/00 06:31 AM
P
pondvj Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks everyone. It really is nice, still a little scary, but very nice. He got me again yesterday, he sent flowers to me at my office yesterday, with a card saying "Just thinking of you, Love you, Mark". WOW!! I've never gotten flowers for no reason before. He's full of surprises. I just hope he doesn't get scared and pull away, not sure I could handle that. Thanks again, your support means the world to me.<P>------------------<BR>You can't live with them, you can't kill them.<BR>*Viki

#869037 06/01/00 10:06 AM
L
L
Viki,<BR>So cool [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>Enjoy his overtures, ignore the dark cloud...react as if it is a new relationship (you'd like him then!) You'll have enough safeguards up from the past years without building a few new ones now. If he truly wants to win you, he'll take the time you need for trust to build.<P>Best wishes!<P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Let love be genuine...hold fast to what is good; love one another." Rom 12:9-10

#869038 06/01/00 10:07 AM
P
pondvj Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks Lor, you are so right. It is like a new relationship. I'm very different then I was a year ago, and so is he. I'll try to look at the silver lining. <P>------------------<BR>You can't live with them, you can't kill them.<BR>*Viki

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (doseedo, 1 invisible), 533 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation