Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 146
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 146
<BR>My H had an A for a year, the D-day was 6 wks ago. The A happened because my H was always leaving me home w/2 kids, for playing valleyball, drinking, or fishing. Typical recreational companionship EA/PA. He aplogized and said never going to see her again. We're going to see a counselor soon, but he's reluctant. Not have agreed w/MB principles yet. We put our house for sale, hoping to move by fall. Now, he always goes to a week fishing trip to Canada only w/guys every summer, and he told me he's still going in this Aug (which will be right before our moving). I don't want him to. Just staying home w/kids for a wk thinking about the A, or what he's doing, selling house and moving, watching kids (I'm short w/them lately too, oh poor kids) will drive me nuts. How can I stop him without being LB? He'll be pissed off anyway, no matter how nice I'd ask. Any ideas?

Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,088
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,088
IMHO......don't ask.My H went on a trip with buddies several months after d-day.I know well the feelings you are having.If you have decided to rebuild your marriage,you have to start to trust again,sooner or later.<P>If you are quite sure there is no contact and this is a trip that has some history to it for your H and his friends,it might be good to let this one by and show your strength at this time.Life is just one big Plan A.If you have legitimate reasons to be distrusting of this trip in particular,your H needs to know that so that TOGETHER you can work towards rebuilding trust.There is really no way to control the events surrounding this trip one way or another,best to try to trust and leave the rest up to H. Good Luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it's one thing that I've learned since I've been on this board is that you can't stop a person from doing what they want. The only real thing you can do is pray that he's only going with the guys and just leave it at that.<P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/zbucketmouse" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/zbucketmouse</A> is where my page is. Oh yeah, THANKS EVERYBODY FOR REPLIES!!!:) Very much appreciated!:)

Joined: May 2000
Posts: 146
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 146
Thanks mthrrhbard and Yuki,<BR>I've been reading, writing and recieving good things here and it helps me a lot. Although I just found out that the OW has been calling my H and he didn't tell me until l finally asked him last night, like he said, it was just phone calls and I had to settle with that. Can't prove what he really talked or any other contacts are made, but I guess I just have to take it no matter what. Whatever he does, as long as I (we) want to stay married, PlanAPlanAPlanA. Strength is the key word... I'm a different person now. (Different every day, every moment!)<BR>Thank you!


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 472 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0