Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Can someone tell me why it rains the entire weekend? <P>Went over to MILs to do some gardening, but was forced to stay inside and eat instead.<P>Tell me where it is sunny today, I want to go there.<BR>Lora

R
R
Not this side of Gig Harbr, that's for sure.<P>Hey Laura, I liked your Topic line, made me LOL.<P>You doing okay today? Di you talk w/MIL about situation and counseling?<P>I'm having a bad day, apprehensive about tomorrow. I'd rather bail then attend. Feel like it'll be a hurtful session. He's such a space cadet "The Fog" and I know he'll act like this separation is something he has no control over and probably be real sugar sweet to me. And then drive away ....<P>Maybe I'll give you a ring a bit later if okay.<P>Hope you're doing good.<P>Jo

M
M
Hi Lora, <BR> We should head over to Mitzi's house.She said it was 100'today!That sounds a little too warm for me.I might shrivel up like a WA slug!<BR>Here in Kent,it was real strange yesterday.First it would rain,then the sun came out,so I got out the garden tools,then it would start to rain again.Today,it just rained non-stop.Let's plan to have Thursday off,it's suppose to be around 80'(or so they say).<BR> Being forced to stay inside and eat isn't too bad of an option!<P> --Murph<BR>

A
A
Looks like the MB party needs to be here, in sunny Arizona! You are all welcome...and while it is hot as he!!...it's beautiful once the sun goes down. I'll be preparing Pina Coladas for all, and we don't need to worry about any pesky husbands dropping by as mine is snuggled away in his apartment.<P>I'm lonely...would love a crowd right now to take my mind off missing H.<P>Oh well...guess we can be together in spirit.<P>allison

U
U
Hey Lora, it may have been all gloomy out this weekend but did you here the forcast for this week? Grab your sunglasses and sunscreen, for we are in for a scorcher [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Life is never boring in the western part of Washington anyway..... <P>cozy

M
M
Lora,<P>Murph is right! "We're havin' a heatwave! A tropical heatwave!" LOL<P>Yesterday and today is WV it was around 100 degrees. But it's actually been nice at night. <P>Come on over! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitzi

L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Murphy,<BR> So I take it you didn't make it to the zoo?<BR>Guess what ? I do have thursday off! I hope those forcasters got it right for once. Don't talk to me about slugs, they are thriving on my slug bait and devoring my petunias!<P>Allison,<BR> Pina coladas sound great! Glad we wont have to worry about spoilsport spouses, we are a fun group when they are not dragging us down. we will have to wait till the last week in July to have the party in Seattle, It never rains then.<P>cozy,<BR> I didn't know you were here too. I can't wait for a little sun, of course we don't want it too hot either. I really wanted to get out in the yard and do some theraputic killing of weeds.<P>Jo, sent you an email<BR>Lora<BR>

B
B
Lora,<BR>It is sunny in tampa.We have been in a drought. Come visit me.bethn

L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Mitzi,<BR> Alright, on my way...<P>Beth, you lurker you,<BR> Can you email me and update me on how you are doing? I have been thinking about you.<BR>lora

M
M
Lora,<BR> Who needs to go to the zoo when you can go visit the slug farm in your backyard.I swear they're mating faster than rabbits.<BR> I hope to get to the real zoo the next nice weekend.Need to check out those Komodo Dragons.<BR> That's great that you have Thursday off.That's just about the time my lawn will need mowing again....(Ahem,cough,~~hint,hint.) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> --Murph

U
U
I was going to take my kids last weekend to the zoo....... it was 82 on Sunday here at the north west point of Snohomish county... It was beautiful then...... Today 53 and mud! Next week who knows....... hail and thunder showers? Its all possible =)<P>Hey Murph, there was a puter in the Seattle times closer to you than me....... go pick it up for me huh? hehee I hate going to Renton........ geesh Kent is another giant step away...... I hate just driving to Seattle to work each day.....<P>Be great to have some sun this week though, I at least work on the water front!<P>See ya Washintonians <waving>, cozy

L
Lora Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Murphy,<BR> Watching slugs mate are you? No comment<P>Now, I like to do the fou fou stuff in the garden, planting flowers, arranging pots, pointing out what needs to be moved. Mowing the lawn... i think if my H leaves I might have to hire that out.<P>Cozy, Do you live north of Seattle?<BR>Lora

U
U
yup I do! =)<P>I drive 60 miles south to Seattle each day... I think that someday I'll have to find a new job, cuz I like living out here in farm country.... <P>cozy

H
H
Hey all-I too am in Western Washington and it is a torrential downpour today.<P>I didn't realize there were so many "guests" here from this area.<P>They say tomorrow it will be 75 here and Wednesday 80+. Seems it is always one extreme or the other and I can't say I like either. I want jsut a happy medium [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Shall we party somewhere here soon?<P>Mitzi would come here I am sure :0 Wouldn't you Mitzi?<P>------------------<BR>*heartache*<BR>"Loyalty Is A Two Way Street"<BR>

R
R
Party sounds good to me. As long as the weather cooperates.<P>Both Lora and I are in Gig Harbor. Maybe we should get on a boat and have some fun?<P>Wonder how many members are in Western WA?<P>Jo<P>

H
H
HI again,<P>Resilient-I am about 90 miles south of you! It is funny how small the world can be at times.<P>------------------<BR>*heartache*<BR>"Loyalty Is A Two Way Street"<BR>

S
S
Hey........ I'm right over the border in Idaho... maybe 6 hours from Seattle....<BR>Raining here too........<P>Not heard much from my H since he moved out a week ago Sat... calls and always sounds in a chipper mood.... plans to refinance his truck... told me he saw an lawyer 2 weeks ago and told him to be prepared to get screwed... and to sell the house... I'm chipper too I guess... don't want to sound down or anything....But I'm dying inside.... hurt and frightened...I don't ask any questions or anything like that....sorry for the ramble, he just called... only tlks to me about finances etc... if the kids ask him if he wants to talk with me he will otherwise he won't ask for me.<P>I hate this !!! but my lawyer said sit back and let him do all the work re... divorce and selling the house....wait to see if he serves me....... any hoot I hope the sun shines tomorrow...........s

H
H
Scoick-if there is to be a party then you too will have to attend!<P>I am sure sorry you are going through all that ugly stuff. Just know that somehow in the end you will be a better person and I bet you will become a much better friend to yourself!<P>I wish you luck at this awful stage.<P><P>------------------<BR>*heartache*<BR>"Loyalty Is A Two Way Street"<BR>

R
R
Scoick,<P>I'm so sorry you're going thru this. Sounds like a really rough one too. I know what it feels like to be so hurt and scared at the same time. Feels like your world is falling apart. But it isn't, I promise.<P>Just try and stay calm, and like I've been told again and again "Breathe"!<P>I hope your day gets better. Saying prayers for you.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Jo<P>Josie_Res@Hotmail.com<P>"Remain flexible like a reed, as opposed to an oak that will snap in the wind"

D
D
I made a comment recently about the surprising number of us on the Great (Kitsap) Peninsula, and have noticed since then how many are Western Washingtonians. The weather that may well contribute to our numbers on this site – then again maybe it’s just because this is a technology saturated area. (I recently left my third permanent software company job, and I know Jo is at Intel.)<P>We may have a lot of grey skies, but NYC gets more inches of rain and we rarely get day after day of oppressive, drizzly fog (SF and the Bay area? Been there, done that; came back to good weather!)<BR>We may not have 75º weather year round, but nobody regularly dies here of the heat (Texas? Mid-West?), or loses all they own to Santa Ana-type wind driven fires (LA? Los Alamos?)<BR>Never really had any kind of cyclone since my family’s been here and that’s like 1924. We've never had a hurricane (Florida? Eastern Seaboard?) There was a report of a baby twister in Tacoma a while back, but this ain't no Tornado Alley! We do blow down the occasional bridge (Hood Canal, Mercer Island), but that’s just to make us appreciate the usual (awful) commute!<BR>They mention earthquakes, and I did watch bricks falling from the neighbors’ chimney in 1964 (I was but an infant!! Yeah, right.) and saw the water in the aquarium slosh around a bit last summer, but Alaska and California and even, historically and prehistorically, New Madrid, MO, kick our butt in that department – no tsunamis either, like Alaska and Hawaii.<P>Believe me, I’m not putting down any other part of the country. I'm glad other people like other climates! But meteorologically this is about as human-friendly as it gets. And we live in the most beautiful, lush place in the temperate world. (Been to the Hoh lately?) If slugs and mossy lawns are about the worst we have to contend with, I’m in! (Though even I sometimes wish for Arthurian decrees of when it may or may not rain!) Lesser Seattle not withstanding, I find it curious that we don’t enjoy our gentle climate. We even wrinkle less than inhabitants of most other places!<P>My computer says 3:57PM and as I look out my window through the cedars and hemlock across the lake,at the Olympics cloaked in the bluest of blue and the whitest of whites, I'm doing my best to look at the bright side! <BR>

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 667 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation