Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#883083 08/23/00 10:57 AM
H
OP Offline
H
I received this email from a friend this morning. Very timely as I prayed last night for a sign from God as to what I should do about my H's A.......is this my sign that I should keep praying??<P>A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light and the Savior appeared. The Lord told the man he had work for him to do and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin.<P>The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might.<P>This the man did, day after day. For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down, his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all his might. Each night the man returned to his cabin sore, and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain.<P>Since the man was showing signs of discouragement, the Adversary decided to enter the picture by placing throughts into the man's weary mind: "You have been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it hasn't budged. Why kill yourself over this? You are never going to move it." Thus, giving the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man.<P>"Why kill myself over this?" he thought. I'll just put in my time, giving just the minimum effort and that will be good enough." And that is what he planned to do, until one day he decided to make it a matter of prayer and take his troubled thoughts to the Lord.<P>"Lord," he said, "I have labored long and hard in your service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all his time, I have not even budged that rock by half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?"<P>The Lord responded compassionately. "My friend, when I asked you to serve me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all your strength, which you have done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push. And now, you come to me with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed.<P>But is that really so? Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled. Your back is sinewy and brown, your hands are calloused from constant pressure. Your legs have become massive and hard. Through opposition you have grown much, and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. Yet you haven't moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom. This you have done. I, my friend, will now move the rock."<P>At times, when we hear the word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants, when actually what God wants is just simple obedience and faith in Him. By all means, exercise the faith that move mountains, but know that it is still God who moves the mountains.<P>When everything seems to go wrong, just P.U.S.H. When people don't react the way you think they should, just P.U.S.H. When your money looks "gone" and the bills are due, just P.U.S.H. When people just dont' understand you, just P.U.S.H.<P>P.U.S.H. Pray Until Something Happens!!

#883084 08/23/00 01:51 PM
A
A
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hurtinginil:<BR><B>I received this email from a friend this morning. Very timely as I prayed last night for a sign from God as to what I should do about my H's A.......is this my sign that I should keep praying??<P>At times, when we hear the word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants, when actually what God wants is just simple obedience and faith in Him. By all means, exercise the faith that move mountains, but know that it is still God who moves the mountains.<P></B>We know only God has the power to move mountains by our faith in Him to move it for us. <P>My husband's way of handling displeasure with me is to have an affair. I can't--though I have tried--to reason with him about his affairs, but to no avail.<P>I have put our marriage God's hands, now. I used to give to God then take it back by trying to handling things through my own knowledge instead of through God's wisdom<P>I am content with being a good wife. I used to cringe at the thought of my husband reaping the benefits of my spirituality, but I'm not concerned about that anymore.<P>I know God will sweeten this marriage in His own time. I just want to remain in position to receive help from God by doing my part as a submissive wife.<P>Much pain and hurt has been the price for this present reassurance. God is working this marriage out for His Glory and our testimony.<P><BR>------------------<BR>Love hurts no one.<p>[This message has been edited by AGoodPhrend (edited August 23, 2000).]

#883085 08/23/00 10:34 PM
W
W
hurtinginil...........<P>Although i'm not very religious, the title says it all!!<P>

#883086 08/23/00 11:14 PM
B
B
Hi hurtinginil:<P>Thank you for sharing this little bit of inspiration. <P>The amusing thing about this lesson is that I kept seeing my H as the rock and me pushing and pushing on him trying to get him to make a choice. What I really need is for God to zap him with a lightening bolt. That might get him moving. To picture this amuses me.<P>Seriously, would that we all had the faith to do our part, to do what we can the best we can, and then put things in God's hands to finish the real work.<P>Buffy

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation