Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
G
Not only did they support her, but invited OM sight unseen to other daughters wedding. Invited him into their house to spend the night and everything.<P>MIL tell's daughter, "All I want is for you to be happy." Well What about her grandchildren that cry every night because their mother walked out?<P>And then she tells me, "Don't be a stranger. You are still the father of my grandchildren. Come over and let us know how you are doing. Just as long as we don't talk about the separation or divorce."<P>Now why would I want to go over there after this? It takes every bit of control just to be civil to her.<P>This is a really sore subject for me. If stbx and I ever get back together, we will have words about this.

A
A
I believe my in-laws will eventually support my W(the betrayer). It saddens me because they are a very moral conscience bunch(very religious) and here is a BIG sin and they may sweep it under the carpet. Also, I believe my FIL never liked the idea of us getting married in the first place(interracial couple). <P>I've spoken to my MIL once since they found out about the A and she seemed embarrased, yet suspicious that I must have caused this mess or drove her to do it. I think this will test their moral character, sense of fairness and their ability to live by the standards they preach.<P>AC2

A
A
My h. had told a holiday gathering of the adults that we were "having serious problems" while his affair was going on, before I knew what the problem really was.<P>Four of his brothers called me often over the next months to listen and be supportive. They tried to talk man-to-man with him but none of them could get him to admit the truth. (Two are ministers, the other two are elders).<P>When he finally confessed, and I let them know that it WAS actually another woman, they called me to say that the four of them had met and planned out how much financial support they could give me each month so I could move away from him!<P>I never needed that, since we only separated for a few weeks, but it was an INCREDIBLE experience to be so supported by both HIS 'side' (practical matters like money) and mine (sympathy).<P>His brothers have consistently been on my side. <P>It has helped him really see clearly how much he would have lost if we had divorced --both his children and his family of origin, *poof*, all gone for a little pleasure with someone who never wanted an exclusive relationship with him!<P>lizzie

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation