Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
This has been on my mine for sometime and I've read about it on these pages. Any comments out there???

C
C
Yes the love can die & never come back.<P>By doing nothing about it, it will not (usually) come back. It takes nurturing & care to bring it to life again just as a small spark/ember in a fire. It doesn't just happen.<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

F
F A Offline
F
My W, who was the WS, seems to not believe that it can, at least the "in-love" feeling or the spark. This makes recovery very difficult, at least for me, because I'm working on creating something with someone that doesn't believe that it can happen. I know that I'm trying to bring it back, and there are times when it seems like she is trying, but she has pretty much of a very negative attitude about anything that I may suggest to her that we do or try, then afterwards she says that she was glad that we did it and that she is sorry for not wanting to in the first place, but then we go through all of that again when I suggest something else down the road. I really don't think it will come back until she starts to believe that it can, not that it will, but at least that it can.

M
M
I'm with Chris on this one. The spark never returning is basically the result of an act of will. One or both members of a marriage either does not know how, or refuses to try to revive it.

M
OP Offline
M
I don't know who read my threads in emotional but I do agree that if you don't work on it love & the spark won't come back. I've been working very hard and finally it seems that something is changing. My W has shown a lot of affection and yesterday some love. She came home last night and actually sat on my lap something she hasn't done in ages. It seems that she is looking for that spark that is very dim but makes me believe its still there.

W
W
I don't think it will come back. It can come back in another form, less the first flush of beauty and innocence.<P>It can come back if both parties allow and want. But I am afraid to open up again because I will be hurt. It is 'better to have loved and lost than never to have loved before", "having loved once is sufficient", etc.<P>There are other wonderful stuff to focus on in life than sitting around and waiting for yourself, the BS, to come to a state of falling in love again with the WS. <P>Would I fall in love with a cowardly cheating sleazebag who bedded a banshee looser than a nymphomaniac (my WS take on the OW) for almost 2 years? Nah... won't go there again. Will live together for a while and see the changes and commitment first.<P>

C
cl Offline
C
Does the spark die? YES! Can it come back? YES! In my marriage it seems to wax and wane. Hopefully the fullness, the feelings of wholeness last longer than the 'down' times. I have plenty of days when I wish for the marriage I used to have, as does my h.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 731 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation