Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
I remember Leilana posted on this a few months back. Thought I'd share this with you all.<P>For those reuniting and planning special nights get this CD! Love and Freedom by Bebe Winan (R&B).<BR>There are several songs on there about recovery, it's absolutely beautiful (cried listening to the lyrics). It touched my heart, soul, and spirit. My favs are:<BR>Coming Home<BR>I'm in love with you<BR>How Do We (A+)<BR>Just Stand<P>A few weeks back I stayed home in one of my depressed state and saw Bebe on Oprah. He sang 'Coming Home' and knew I just had to have it. <P><P>------------------<BR>True love cannot be found where it doesn't truly exist, <BR>nor can it be hidden where it truly is.

L
L
Yeah, I'm here. Just got off duty.<P>Sounds wonderful. I love R & B but don't recognize the artist.<P>How about posting the lyrics? I know I could stand to see something uplifting right about now.<P>Will try to get to the music store soon. I now have an empty slot in my rack since I finally snapped the Lonestar cd into splinters this weekend--you know, the one I bought my H during his A cause he loved the song--little did I know WHY! <P>Very dangerous--warning: don't do it with bare hands! It would probably have been more satisfying if I had taken a file or something and scratched it all up. Then I wouldn't have to be picking up the pieces and splinters and shards all over the place.

C
C
Hey Leilana-<BR>Are you talking about "Amazed"? My H loved that song too and bought him the CD. I bet they got a good laugh about that one. I haven't smashed it yet, but I want to REAL bad.

L
L
The one and only. <P>It's a great A song, don't you think?<P>If it's a cd, don't smash it! Why not scratch it up with your wedding ring or watch it melt down in a fireplace or camp fire. Smashing it was way too quick and easy - totally unsatisfying.<P>After months of saying I didn't need to do something like that, I spent good money on it, the song doesn't really bother me anymore - it's really a nice song, yada, yada, yada - I finally did it and haven't regretted it for a second since. It's was a trigger - of my naivete as well as their A, and I'm so glad it's gone.<P>Now I'm eyeballing that tent he once "bought" for them (I paid the credit card bill) and that t-shirt I lovingly searched for and bought him while I was in Maui when they were smack in the middle of their A!

M
OP Offline
M
Leilana,<P>Okay, I'm at work now so I'll post the lyrics tonight or tomorrow.<P>Bebe has done a lot of gospel, but worked with artists like Brian McKnight, Stevie Wonder and others on this particular CD. He style will really move you (very soulful) and the lyrics have special meaning to all of us going this ordeal.<P>MT

L
L
Looking forward to it!<P>Ok, I think I know who this artist is, he's married to CeCe, right? Boy, after work my brain is a dark void.<P>I consider myself an music buff so it was bugging me! <P>Would you please post the lyrics to all the songs you listed?

M
OP Offline
M
Will do; but I believe CeCe is his sister.<P>MT<P>------------------<BR>True love cannot be found where it doesn't truly exist, <BR>nor can it be hidden where it truly is.

L
L
Hey, MT,<P>Get back to work!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>L

L
L
P.S. Sorry about the "Amazed" song and tent reference.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>L

L
L
Oops, boo-boo. Please ignore. Tried to correct my grammar on a previous post and messed up. My bad.<P><p>[This message has been edited by Leilana (edited September 27, 2000).]

P
P
Hi all,<P>I just wanted to share my current recovery favorite song. It's "This Time Around" by a group called Yankee Grey. Yes, it is country, but not the annoying kind.<P>Lyrics in part:<P>He wants a chance to be<BR>The man she used to see<BR>In him, Before.....<P>It's truly a beautiful song about another chance. Please let me know what you think about it.<P>And if you don't listen to country, there's always NAPSTER!<P>Peppermint

A
A
Amazed is a popular one isn't? It was one of "their" songs, but I think she pretty much decided it since my H is NOT a Country fan at all. Still, can't listen to it without that yukky feeling.

L
L
Yup, count my H in as a newly converted country music fan with Amazed as "their" favorite song. Yuck, when will they stop playing it all the time? It really a trigger for me, and when I think of him playing it constantly on our vacation, and then saying he had such a lousey time on vacation with me I just want to scream. <P>I guess even the affair songs follow a typical pattern huh? Everything they do seems to follow a set pattern and script. Makes you wonder how they can feel it is all so special.<BR>lora

H
H
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Many Tears:<BR><B>I remember Leilana posted on this a few months back. Thought I'd share this with you all.<P>For those reuniting and planning special nights get this CD! Love and Freedom by Bebe Winan (R&B).<BR>There are several songs on there about recovery, it's absolutely beautiful (cried listening to the lyrics). It touched my heart, soul, and spirit. My favs are:<BR>Coming Home<BR>I'm in love with you<BR>How Do We (A+)<BR>Just Stand<P>A few weeks back I stayed home in one of my depressed state and saw Bebe on Oprah. He sang 'Coming Home' and knew I just had to have it. <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Bought the CD yesterday and LOVED IT - Please read my post SUCCESS STORY - BEGINNING... in the In Recovery.... Thanks for the suggestion - it truly is an amazing group of songs...<P>

M
OP Offline
M
Leilana and everyone--<BR>Here are the lyrics!<P>hurt4life--<BR>Glad you like the CD, isn't it just the best?! I'm going to read your post after this. <P>Blessings, MT<P>COMING BACK HOME<P>Took some time to come around<BR>Realize how I let you down<BR>A bit too late for sorry now<BR>My pride got in the way, yes it did<BR>Thought I had it all figured out<BR>I needed time away to work it out<BR>And now that I've learned what it's all about<BR>And all I need is you in my life<P>So I'm coming back home<BR>Home, where love is waiting for me<BR>Been gone much too long<BR>This is where I want to be<BR>So I'm coming back home<BR>Cause home is where I belong<P>Somehow I lost my way<BR>Mistakes I made, I have to pay<BR>It hurts to know still today<BR>That I wasted so much time<P>And after all is said and done<BR>There's more to life than having fun<BR>And there's no doubt you're the one<BR>And all I need is you in my life<P>Just to be in your arms is like heaven to me<BR>Your love is all that I need<BR>So I'm coming back home<BR>And I hope you forgive all my wrong<BR>So I'm coming back home, coming home<BR>Cause home is where I belong.<P><BR>I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU<P>You have always loved me, this I agree<BR>And in spite of your love I chose to leave<BR>Now I'm here, here all alone<BR>Now I see you're all I need<BR>And I pray someday your heart can find a way<P>And if takes my whole life trying to prove<BR>I don't mind cause I'm in love with you<P>There is no excuse for all I have done<BR>And things won't be right till your trust I've won<BR>And you're here right by my side<BR>I'm for real no play this time<BR>Cause you mean the world to me<BR>So until you believe<P>And if takes my whole life trying to prove<BR>I don't mind cause I'm in love with you<P>Oh my love never part from the start we were to be<BR>Take my hand don't let go, you and I forever more<BR>Yes I'm willing to wait and stay till that day<P>If it takes my whole life trying to prove<BR>I don't mind cause I'm in love with you<BR>And it the cost means my heart forever true<BR>I don't mind cause I'm in love with you<P><BR>HOW DO WE<P>Often we live for tomorrow<BR>When all we really have is just today<BR>Where did the joy turn into sorrow<BR>How did we let it all slip away<BR>I never ever meant to hurt you<BR>And even time can undo what's been done<P>How do we mend a broken heart<BR>How do we find a place to start<BR>How can we learn to trust each other<BR>How do we wipe away the tears<BR>Or just walk away from all the years<BR>Or can we put it back together<BR>Asking down on bended knees<BR>How do we<P>Seems like hopeless situation<BR>If no one forgives no one wins<BR>Beyond the pain is our salvation<BR>A change of mind change of heart, change within<BR>I miss your touch and conversation<BR>I miss your simple smile when I awake<P>How do we say goodbye<BR>When goodbye is what I don't want to tell you<BR>But how do we bring down these walls<BR>How can I leave when I still love you<BR>To be happy again would be worth it all<P><BR>STAND<P>Tell me what do you do<BR>When you've done all you can do<BR>And it seems like it's never enough<BR>Tell me what do you say<BR>When your friends turn away<BR>And you're all alone, so alone<BR>Tell me what do you give<BR>When you've given your all and<BR>Seems like you can't make it through<P>Well you just stand<BR>When there's nothing left to do<BR>You just stand<BR>Watch the Lord see you through<BR>Yes after you've done all you can <BR>You just stand<P>Tell me how do you handle<BR>The guilt of your past<BR>Tell how do you deal with the shame<BR>Tell me how can you smile<BR>When your heart has been broken and filled with pain<BR>Tell me what do you give<BR>When you've given your all<BR>And it seems like you can't make it through<P>You just stand and be sure<BR>Be not entangled in that bondage again<BR>You just stand and endure<BR>God has a purpose, God has a plan<P>Tell me what do you do<BR>When you've done all you can<BR>And it seems like you can't make it through<BR>Well you just stand<BR>And don't youdare give up<BR>You go through the storm<BR>And through the rain<BR>You stand through the hurt<BR>And through the pain<P>Hold on and don't give up<BR>And don't you dare give in<BR>Stand, said you just stand.<P>After you've done all you can<BR>After you've prayed and cried, and cried and prayed<BR>All though the night<BR>After you plant your feet<BR>Squared your shoulders<BR>Hold your head up, and wait on him<BR>He's gonna come through, yes he will<P>After you've done all you can<BR>You just stand.<P><BR>

H
H
ICK! Amazed was also my H's and OW's song.....<P>Now he turns off the radio every time it comes on!!!

C
C
Many Tears-<P>Thanks for posting the lyrics- they are beautiful. I tried to find the CD yesterday, but couldn't. I'll have to try again.

M
OP Offline
M
Hi Cloudy,<P>If it's not in your local music store, you could try the internet. Before buying at Tower Records, I checked out their website and also Barnes and Nobles'.<P>Hope you find it, I know you'll love it.<P>MT<P>------------------<BR>True love cannot be found where it doesn't truly exist, <BR>nor can it be hidden where it truly is.

K
K
Ok, don't know about anyone else, but I cried when I read those lyrics .... <P>Is she the one who sings "You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold you gotta be wiser ... Love will save the day" ???<P>Thanks for posting the song, did my heart good. I'm going to cut and paste and send to Hubby who's been upset w/ me lately...<P>Khyra

A
A
Bought the CD today. I'm gonna put it in the player and break out the cypress massage oil.... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Thanks for the tip.<P>Lizzie

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 159 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker
71,841 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation